Who are the biggest weight-cutters you've heard of?

BillBurgess

Who are the most massive weight-cutters you've read about?

Anderson Silva, Rampage, Anthony Johnson, Forrest Griffin, Phil Baroni? Who?

I realize there are different weights the fighters walk around at.

1. Non-training weight

2. Pre-training weight

3. In-Between fight weight

4. At the weight in

5. Fight Night.

Gets kind of confusing, doesn't it?

Yeah I wouldn't think Rampage cuts anywhere near the most, he let's himself go a bit between fights but when he gets into training he will shed a lot of that straight away.

I think you can tell by the fighters who just visibly look much bigger than their opponent.

Anyone know how much Jon Jones cuts? He looks much much bigger than Shogun

I am not knowledgeable about most of the technical things. Does anyone have information as to when a fighter starts his weight-cut?

Is it from the very beginning of his fight camp? Or do they wait until the last 2-3 weeks before they get serious?

I realize it may vary from fighter to fighter and even fight to fight for an individual, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard or read anything interesting.

I use my threads to learn as much as I can. Thanks for helping me, guys.

On different discussion boards, I've read that the following fighters walk around at these weights.

Walks around at:

A. Silva: 220

GSP: 193

Couture: 230

Fedore: 260

Lesnar: 300

Tito Ortiz: 230

Wanderlei: 215

Henderson: 198

Rampage: 218

Liddell: 235

I am not knowledgeable about most of the technical things. Does anyone have information as to when a fighter starts his weight-cut?

Is it from the very beginning of his fight camp? Or do they wait until the last 2-3 weeks before they get serious?

I realize it may vary from fighter to fighter and even fight to fight for an individual' date=' but I was just wondering if anyone has heard or read anything interesting.

On different discussion boards, I've read that the following fighters walk around at these weights.

Walks around at:

Fedore: 260

Liddell: 235[/quote']

Depends on the fighter. Some start as soon as they start training for a fight at camp, some start in the middle of camp. Really just depends on who it is and how much to cut

GSP cuts his weight off 2 weeks prior to the fight. (not water weight)

I realize it may vary from fighter to fighter and even fight to fight for an individual' date=' but I was just wondering if anyone has heard or read anything interesting.

Walks around at:

[b']Fedore: 260[/b]

Liddell: 235

fails are bolded

I might be misinformed. I had understood that Frank Shamrock and Phil Baroni had both either started as LHW or fought at LHW.

But I went back to Wikipedia, and althought that information isn't guaranteed accurate in all cases, I couldn't find them fighting at LHW.

Does anyone know if either Frank or Phil ever fought at 205? Or were they always MWs?

[/quote']

Regardless of the fighter, they're all pretty similar (aside from HW).

It was rumoured that Rampage was weighing in excess of 260 after filming A-team (before his camp for Rashad).

He will have used his camp training to drop his weight to about 220 over about 12-14 weeks.

In the 48-72 hrs before the weigh-in, he would probably have changed his diet to allow more salt, and less carbohydrate. Then work a lot of cardio and sauna sessions to dehydrate and drop the final bit of weight, to make the cut.

The following 24 hrs before the fight, he would have replaced all the lost water, and taken in a lot of carbohydrate, and then probably some sugar/non-complex carbs (no Rashad jokes please) before the bout.

The advantage of cutting weight through dehydration is that you can replace the weight very quickly by rehydrating. If you watch the weigh-ins, you will see that a lot of fighters start drinking straight after they have been weighed.

Before The Carwin Fight They Said Lesnar Wals Around at 305 at Carwin At 290 The Others Are Wrong

Brock said before the Carwin fight he didn't cut any weight at all. His new diet means he doesn't balloon up to 300 pounds after fights. Maybe you mean the Mir fight.

i heard tito did 45lbs before the last forest fight, i've hear alves used to do 40 regularly, rumble something similar. never heard numbers for forest but i think it would be at least 40.

i don't think silva cuts that much, i'd say about twenty to twenty five. i know he probably walks around about 230lbs but he would lose a lot of that during his camp, then cut the rest.

i heard tito did 45lbs before the last forest fight' date=' i've hear alves used to do 40 regularly, rumble something similar. never heard numbers for forest but i think it would be at least 40.

i don't think silva cuts that much, i'd say about twenty to twenty five. i know he probably walks around about 230lbs but he would lose a lot of that during his camp, then cut the rest.[/quote']

Anderson cuts from 190-195.

I think Anthony Johnson has the biggest cut at 50lbs. I know he starts cutting at the beginning of his traning camp as soon as he signs on for a fight. Thats crazy to lose 50lbs in 12-14 weeks.

This. He's quoted at as high of a 55lb cut. That's insane.

Now, heres a question. Forrest cuts close to 40 pounds, and Johnson cuts close to 40 pounds.

How much different, and more difficult is it to cut that large weight, when your frame itself is smaller?

griffin cuts around 17% of his walking body weight to make it from 240ish, to 205.

johnson on the other hand cuts around 19%, if your saying he goes from 210ish, to 170.

Lesnar at 300, to 265? 12% cut.

GSP. 10%

Alves. 15%

Johnson. 19%

Penn. -.8%

GSP vs Silva at 185.

GSP = .2%

Silva = 15% (threw silva in the 215lbs range)

I find it hard to believe GSP is close to 200 lbs. 195 would have to be absolute top weight for him and that's a maybe.

he weighs 193 nearly all the time till fight time. That guy has a lot of muscle on him, look at his upper legs, massive

GSP already said he around 190 to 195 in off training fight . He said he fight at 185 187 .

how know he at 195...i tink he but scared of Silva maybe he run avay from Silva...he to strong for he...i tink GSP he no champ...he fight Silva he win i tink maybe he champ...what u tink:confused:

how know he at 195...i tink he but scared of Silva maybe he run avay from Silva...he to strong for he...i tink GSP he no champ...he fight Silva he win i tink maybe he champ...what u tink:confused:

are you typing with a goofy accent or just a poor speller? :D

really, read your post outloud in english, sounds like a funny accent with the "avay" and "tink"

U should stop lying to urself and face the reality , GSP is Champ and one of the top 2 4p4 fighter in the world . I think Silva can Beat GSP atm cause Silva is in is prime atm and GSP still only 29 .

Anyway i feel happy we cen enjoy this 2 great fighter and is coming from one of the guys who see is fight in Monreal with Lheites , one of the worst title shoot ever . Leites play a huge part on this fiasco .

Rumble is #1 without a doubt. A 220 lb man fighting at welterweight is ridiculous which is why he seldom makes weight. He should move up to MW at least. That's still a 35 lb cut. Trying to lose 50 lbs before every fight and then packing it back on can't be good for you in the long run.

I agree. Sounds very unhealthy.

U should stop lying to urself and face the reality ' date=' GSP is Champ and one of the top 2 4p4 fighter in the world . I think Silva can Beat GSP atm cause Silva is in is prime atm and GSP still only 29 .

Anyway i feel happy we cen enjoy this 2 great fighter and is coming from one of the guys who see is fight in Monreal with Lheites , one of the worst title shoot ever . Leites play a huge part on this fiasco .[/quote']

i tried to write like you...lol...its very hard...and whats funnier you understood what i wrote...:D...anyways all joking aside tonights going to be great UFC 128;)

Archived