If I am correct

brettmarkusic

Not a title fight, not even officially a title eliminator fight.

If Pettis wins he will get a shot against the winner of Gray/Frankie, but there is no such guarantee for Guida. The WEC Title is not on the line. This will be, for all intents and purposes, a standard 3 round fight.

Not a title fight' date=' not even officially a title eliminator fight.

If Pettis wins he will get a shot against the winner of Gray/Frankie, but there is no such guarantee for Guida. The WEC Title is [i']not[/i] on the line. This will be, for all intents and purposes, a standard 3 round fight.

I guess he is only champ till he has his first fight in the UFC. If Guida wins they should give him a title shot, I dont like it when one guy is fighting for a title shot and the other isn't

I guess he is only champ till he has his first fight in the UFC. If Guida wins they should give him a title shot' date=' I dont like it when one guy is fighting for a title shot and the other isn't[/quote']

He was only actually champ for one night, then the WEC merged with the UFC. He was the final lightweight champ of the WEC. It's just gonna be a 3 round fight. Also, while I like Clay, I don't feel like he deserves a title shot after this. If he gets one more high profile win, then yeah, he should get a title shot. But right now I don't feel like he's done enough to dignify a shot at the title.

Archived