Goodbye Mirko :(

GoldenAfro

You've been one of my favorites' date=' but please either retire or drop to 205.

Lets show the Cro Cop some love.[/quote']

Actually, Crocop put up a great fight against a younger, heavier fighter. He bloodied the

kid's face up pretty good as well.

I personally think that Schaub's knockout punch was actually to the back of the head,

therefore an illegal punch. Watch the replay closely.

Schaub had already been warned and lost a point earlier for punches tot he back of the head.

He won with another dirty punch. I think it was worth a DQ, not a win.

Actually' date=' Crocop put up a great fight against a younger, heavier fighter. He bloodied the

I personally think that Schaub's knockout punch was actually to the back of the head,

Schaub had already been warned and lost a point earlier for punches tot he back of the head.

He won with another dirty punch. I think it was worth a DQ, not a win.[/quote']

Make way for the Wambulance.

In HW fights, there is always a chance to get KO'd.

After all, Mirko took Schaub towards the end of round 3 and busted him up a little, which means he's still got it believe or not.

In heavyweight striking fights, one punch can put anybody out on a given day, so it's like a lottery.

Mirko could have KO'd Schaub, too. At least, Mirko deserves his last fight of the 3 that he has in his contract.

I agree Schaub was cheating in the fight, but not with the K.O. punch. Yeah, it landed behind the ear, but it wasn't a targeted punch so therefore legal.

I hate seeing Cro Cop lose. I had him winning up till then, plus he was starting to let some kicks go in that last round. I think his gameplan was to come on strong towards the end of the fight.

Schaub's face was a mess.

I just can't bring myself to say he should retire.

Actually' date=' Crocop put up a great fight against a younger, heavier fighter. He bloodied the

He won with another dirty punch. I think it was worth a DQ, not a win.[/quote']

Cro Cop turned is head into every "illegal" punch thrown to avoid getting hit in the face, and if you decide to watch the replay closer it hit him behind the ear which Cro Cop also turned his head into. Therefore it was a clean KO.

Cro Cop turned is head into every "illegal" punch thrown to avoid getting hit in the face' date=' and if you decide to watch the replay closer it hit him behind the ear which Cro Cop also turned his head into. Therefore it was a clean KO.[/quote']

If you turn your back to me as I start to throw a punch and I deliver my fist to the back of your head, I deliberately rabbit punched you. I didn't have to land that punch, I chose to.

It is exactly what Scrub did. He wanted to win, he didn't care how. I hope his next opponent is a dirty fighter who beats the crap out of him until he can't move . . .

crocopvsschaub.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This fight should be changed to a "No Contest" result, possibly a Technical Win for CroCop.

Schaub seemed to unintentionally hit the back of CroCop's head with that KO punch. I'd say it is MOST FAIR to say it was an unintentional illegal blow and therefore falls under the No Contest definition of the rules.

You could try to make an arguement that Schaub was intentionally striking the back of CroCop's head repeatedly and the KO punch was possibly/probably intentional. Assuming that is the case, most likely all the scorecards read 19-18 CroCop at the end of round two resulting in a technical win for Cro Cop. (Remember, Schaub did seem to clearly win round 1, but certainly seemed to have lost round 2 AND had a point deducted that round for repeatedly striking the back of Cro Cop's head.)

Personally (even though I love Cro Cop and that fan in me is screaming that should've been a DQ for dirty fighting by Schaub) I am saying it should be No Contest.

As we had to deal with recently with Chuck we now have to with Cro Cop. Real legends never die. WAR CRO COP' date=' One of the Greatest of All Time.[/quote']

I do agree that Mirko appears to be ready to retire. It's hard to keep up with the younger, faster fighters once you hit the mid 30s. Even worse to compete with dirty fighters who

want that win and bonus money any way they can get it . . .

GG Mirko, next stop, Hall Of Fame . . .

This fight should be changed to a "No Contest" result' date=' possibly a Technical Win for CroCop.

Schaub seemed to unintentionally hit the back of CroCop's head with that KO punch. I'd say it is MOST FAIR to say it was an unintentional illegal blow and therefore falls under the No Contest definition of the rules.

You could try to make an arguement that Schaub was intentionally striking the back of CroCop's head repeatedly and the KO punch was possibly/probably intentional. Assuming that is the case, most likely all the scorecards read 19-18 CroCop at the end of round two resulting in a technical win for Cro Cop. (Remember, Schaub did seem to clearly win round 1, but certainly seemed to have lost round 2 AND had a point deducted that round for repeatedly striking the back of Cro Cop's head.)

Personally (even though I love Cro Cop and that fan in me is screaming that should've been a DQ for dirty fighting by Schaub) I am saying it should be No Contest.[/quote']lol, you're hilarious:rolleyes:

This fight should be changed to a "No Contest" result' date=' possibly a Technical Win for CroCop.

Personally (even though I love Cro Cop and that fan in me is screaming that should've been a DQ for dirty fighting by Schaub) I am saying it should be No Contest.[/quote']lol, you're hilarious:rolleyes:

It's not funny that a dirty fighter was awarded a bonus when he should be fined. Multiple strikes to the back of the head, including the one that KOd Mirko, then a diving punch when Cro Cop was clearly out and Herb Dean was moving to get in there?

This is just a disgrace that Dana would give Schaub a bonus when they should review the match and possibly change the outcome.

Then again, Dana does what Dana wants, not what is best for the UFC or the sport.

Jim Miller should've received KO of the night for a sweet punch and knee follow up. Clean, textbook, and very well executed.

If you turn your back to me as I start to throw a punch and I deliver my fist to the back of your head' date=' I deliberately rabbit punched you. I didn't have to land that punch, I chose to.

It is exactly what Scrub did. He wanted to win, he didn't care how. I hope his next opponent is a dirty fighter who beats the crap out of him until he can't move . . .

crocopvsschaub.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If i swing at you and you turn your head away from the punch and If I'm already mid-way through the swing then I'm not going to pull back just because you make bad decisions and risk damage to the back of your head.

Thats why when Herb Dean was telling Cro Cop that the shots he hit him with were unintentional I though it was a good call because you can clearly see that Cro Cop was avoiding being hit in the face not by the practical way of trying to gain wrist control or covering up, but by turning his head and risking the illegal punch.

Archived