that was not Shogun fighting

deaDBird

nothing was wrong with shogun

Jones is better than him plain and simple

Shogun was off because jones reach is incredible

how can anyone get even close to jones??? His arms are too long . If also doesnt help that he is a good striker plus a good wrestler. Furthermore he is stronger than all of the guys in the LHW division

Definitely wasn't Shogun at his best, but even so a perfect fight by Shogun/Shogun at his absolute best probably wouldn't of lasted much/if any longer then this one did. Jones is just too crazy mannn. Huge Shogun fan here by the way, but that's the reality. I was surprised he lasted that long after the 1st round where he was a bobblehead

Yea Shogun wasnt himself its ok All the Jon Jones fans will ride the high horse for now but The division is so deep and isnt it funny how he hasnt fought the other side of the division but its ok hes going to get his shot 1.Rashad Evans 2.Rampage Jackson 3.Phil Davis 4.Lyoto Machida 5.Forrest Griffin 6.Thiago Silva 7.Antonio Rogerio Nogueria 8.Randy Couture 9.Current Strikeforce LHW Champion Dan Henderson 10.Gegard Mousasi Now surely out of those we can get sum one to knock his ****y little head off It would be so great to see Rampage or Henderson do it **** I dont even care if Brock Lesnar does it or Anderson Silva does it as long as it gets DONE **** JON JONES

its a completely legitimate fact that shoguns cardio was so bad because of the surgery and layoff, he was so tired that he barely could strike at all, if shoguns cardio would have been regular and good like in the machida fight, the stand up vs jones would have been very different and much more competitive.

but im not sure he would have won anyway, probably not

Omg here we go here come the excuses. Shogun was fine, Jones just beat the **** outta him. Bottom line. Shogun couldn't keep up; what was something wrong with Machida when Shogun dismantled him?? No. Machida couldn't keep up with Shogun and that's what happened tonight. Jones beat the **** outta him because he was the better fighter. So shut up all you Shogun nut huggers. WAR JON BONES JONES!!!! BRING ON RASHAD!

ITS ok all the Jones fans are gunna talk **** and if Shogun would of knocked Jones out they would be saying that Shogun had brass knuckles in his gloves or a steel nut cup who care the title has changed hands ever since Rampage won it >Forrest Griffin > Evans > Machida > Shogun > Jones and its just going to keep going because of the talent so they will continue to run their mouths but like all of the fans of the other champions they will end up shutting the **** up by the way i hate shogun to but hate jones even more

Really?you have to ask why?shogun got his *** handed to him, no disrespect to him but he was just no match for the bigger stronger and hungrier jones. I'm a shogun fan but I am not going to make excuses for a fight he lost to a better fighter, again too big too strong, accept it everybody has a kryptonite, and jones is rua s.I also don't see anyone at 205 beating bones anytime soon.nuff said

ITS ok all the Jones fans are gunna talk **** and if Shogun would of knocked Jones out they would be saying that Shogun had brass knuckles in his gloves or a steel nut cup who care the title has changed hands ever since Rampage won it >Forrest Griffin > Evans > Machida > Shogun > Jones and its just going to keep going because of the talent so they will continue to run their mouths but like all of the fans of the other champions they will end up shutting the **** up by the way i hate shogun to but hate jones even more

lmao. How is saying the better fighter beat the **** outta Shogun talking ****?? It's a fact. Check all the Shogun talk before the fight, THEY were the ones talking ****. Now it's time to bring them down to earth just like shogun did on the floor.

Shogun wasn't 100% in the cardio obviously and jones gassed him out even more with the grappling!

I don't know if the fight would have gone much different anyway!

I have a lot of respect for Jones skills, but still don't like who he is!

Good win Jones and bye bye Rashad!:eek:

What was wrong with Shogun was that he's one of the most overrated fighters in the UFC. Yes, he was a BA back in Pride when they put crappy strikers in front of him for him to stomp on. Hardly any of these Pride guys make it in the UFC.

Also, he has looked like *** in almost every one of his UFC fights. Tonight was no different. It surely didn't look like the same fighter as Machida II, but it looked more or less like the typical UFC Shogun.

I'm not sure what to make about his future career. He better get things straightened out quickly because he has really not put on many good performances for someone I'm constantly being told is one of the greatest fighters in the world.

Archived