Who the hell can beat this man?

XXpRoUdCaNaDiAnXX

Jon Jones just completely dismantled Shogun. That fight was one of the most one sided beatdowns I have seen in a while. I am a fan of Jones, but I thought that fight would be much closer. Now I know that Shogun fans will be bringing up his long layoff as a reason for why he lost, and while that may be a factor, there is no denying that Jones is a beast. Now I am left wondering who is left in the division that will be able to take the belt from him. I personally don't think there is. There better be some unknown light-heavyweight prospect that bursts onto the scene pretty soon, because nobody at the top of the division is a match for Jones, and he will only be getting better. Mark my words, Jon Jones will be the one to break the curse on the LHW belt, and he will hold the belt for a long time.

Jon Jones just completely dismantled Shogun. That fight was one of the most one sided beatdowns I have seen in a while. I am a fan of Jones' date=' but I thought that fight would be much closer. Now I know that Shogun fans will be bringing up his long layoff as a reason for why he lost, and while that may be a factor, there is no denying that Jones is a beast. Now I am left wondering who is left in the division that will be able to take the belt from him. I personally don't think there is. There better be some unknown light-heavyweight prospect that bursts onto the scene pretty soon, because nobody at the top of the division is a match for Jones, and he will only be getting better. Mark my words, Jon Jones will be the one to break the curse on the LHW belt, and he will hold the belt for a long time.[/quote']

their realy isnt anyone that can do it..the only one would be silva

Layoff or not had Bones performed the way he did tonight Shogun wouldn't of had a chance. I am a Shogun fan before and after this fight but Bones was and is just a monster. IMO the only thing which can hold him back would be injuries/layoffs. With the momentum he has going for him he might not get beat.

I think that a bigger question is how long will Jones be able to make 205? He appeared to be physically larger than both of the Heavyweights that fought on the card, Schaub and Cro Cop. The guy is an enornmous talent, but he is physically larger than anybody that we have ever seen at 205 and he is young and probably still growing from a weight perspective. Anyone remember Roy Jones in boxing?

once shogun gets his rematch he will be the one to dethrone bones. mark my words

I doubt it. His only chance to beat Jones is KO and he can't get close enough. Only people I see beating him is Rashad via LNP, Rampage charging in for the KO, or Anderson Silva via crazy TKO. I'm not saying that they would beat him that way, but that's pretty much the only way they could beat him.

Layoff or not had Bones performed the way he did tonight Shogun wouldn't of had a chance. I am a Shogun fan before and after this fight but Bones was and is just a monster. IMO the only thing which can hold him back would be injuries/layoffs. With the momentum he has going for him he might not get beat.

That's probably the only way he will lose. I thought his over-confidence would be his undoing in this fight, but obviously that was proven wrong.

I think that a bigger question is how long will Jones be able to make 205? He appeared to be physically larger than both of the Heavyweights that fought on the card' date=' Schaub and Cro Cop. The guy is an enornmous talent, but he is physically larger than anybody that we have ever seen at 205 and he is young and probably still growing from a weight perspective. Anyone remember Roy Jones in boxing?[/quote']

I was thinking the same thing as he was standing across from Shogun, he looks HUGE.

I think that a bigger question is how long will Jones be able to make 205? He appeared to be physically larger than both of the Heavyweights that fought on the card' date=' Schaub and Cro Cop. The guy is an enornmous talent, but he is physically larger than anybody that we have ever seen at 205 and he is young and probably still growing from a weight perspective. Anyone remember Roy Jones in boxing?[/quote']

So then the question becomes: How will he fare against the likes of Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos? I don't know if even Cain can beat him, and he's one of my favourite fighters...

That's probably the only way he will lose. I thought his over-confidence would be his undoing in this fight' date=' but obviously that was proven wrong.[/quote']

I personally thought it was too soon to make a jump from guys like Vladi and Bader to Shogun but that was wrong. Jones dominated everywhere. What he had been doing he continued to do to one of the best.

once shogun gets his rematch he will be the one to dethrone bones. mark my words

Oh please, the man was outclassed from beginning to end. He had no chance and Jones will only get better. Rua's flabby physique belongs at 185 anyways and if he wasn't a lazy ex-Prider he would be.

Cain Velasquez would be a great match, but isn't Cain also in the Jackson camp? Kind of sucks when we get the guys in one camp that won't fight one another. These are two exciting fighters and in about two years when Jones is a bit more seasoned and Cain is healthy this could be a super match.

Archived