Sign in to follow this  
B_radly1406052482

Calling all Jesus haters/Jones cashew huggers...where are yas?

lol. i didnt realize god was a fight fan. he must be real. intelligent is citing a bunch of guys who get hit in the head professionally believing an omnipotent force helps them punch people in the face as proof of an invisible man. also that this deity guides one to pick fights on the internet. mysterious ways indeed.

And actually man, I believe God is a fight fan. God has always been intrigued by the warriors' heart. Read about Saul, David, Solomon, Israel. Some of the most valiant and skilled men of the past God has spoken very highly of. Sorry if that bothers you. But God is a warrior.

one part of the bible, not having anything to do with pointless facts but simple morals, stated that as christians we shouldnt flaunt that we're christians, much like your doing. though im not christian i'd have to agree with that fact because when you "debate" about matters that are purely based on your willingness to have faith you'll often get into arguments with other people who would otherwise disagree, much like is happening right now.

stop saying healthy. nothing healthy is happening. your not enlightening anyone. no one will have an epiphany because you talk about this on the internet. all this provides is an annoying conversation between you and a guy that probably didnt want to have the conversation in the first place. i promise you no ones morals or behavior will change, in fact they'll probably forget about it ever happening.

i have an idea. you should go on missions to other countries. travel. spread your knowledge. actions speak louder than words my man, and some 'healthy' advice, i appreciate that you enjoy arguing, debating, whatever because that is what is missing in our society. everyone wants to be the nice guy but history tells us better always comes before change.

this is not the place

And actually man' date=' I believe God is a fight fan. God has always been intrigued by the warriors' heart. Read about Saul, David, Solomon, Israel. Some of the most valiant and skilled men of the past God has spoken very highly of. Sorry if that bothers you. But God is a warrior.[/quote']

Out of the trillions and trillions of planets in the universe, god is focusing on earth, in the USA, on MMA fighters right? Just chillin watchin every fight??

Jesus isnt even the first guy with his story. Born on December 25 to a virgin mother. Crucified and rose again 3 days later, etc...

This is a common myth among ancient cultures. Look up Horus for starters.

one part of the bible' date=' not having anything to do with pointless facts but simple morals, stated that as christians we shouldnt flaunt that we're christians, much like your doing. though im not christian i'd have to agree with that fact because when you "debate" about matters that are purely based on your willingness to have faith you'll often get into arguments with other people who would otherwise disagree, much like is happening right now.

stop saying healthy. nothing healthy is happening. your not enlightening anyone. no one will have an epiphany because you talk about this on the internet. all this provides is an annoying conversation between you and a guy that probably didnt want to have the conversation in the first place. i promise you no ones morals or behavior will change, in fact they'll probably forget about it ever happening.

i have an idea. you should go on missions to other countries. travel. spread your knowledge. actions speak louder than words my man, and some 'healthy' advice, i appreciate that you enjoy arguing, debating, whatever because that is what is missing in our society. everyone wants to be the nice guy but history tells us better always comes before change.

this is not the place[/quote']

Thanks for the comment. I wouldn't claim to or try to "enlighten" anyone here. That was not my intention, and you are saying that, not I. If anyone has an epiphany it would not come from me. I was just trying to call out some of the more vocal Jesus haters on this forum. I have the right, as do these MMA fighters that give him praise and adoration after their fights, which is what led me to make the thread. Since so many forum members have vocalized their opinions on this Jesus, I figured I might also. There is a difference in what you call "flaunting" our faith and confidently engaging people on this forum about their angst over it. Maybe I offended you? I'm not sorry for that. I'm sorry you misunderstood my thread. I tried to use a little humor and crass jesting to get my point across and to rouse a few of the God haters. It worked, I'm glad we engaged, it was a good thing. Actions do speak louder than words my man. I would hate to be only a man of words and no action. This would also be a travesty. Thanks again for the comments.

Out of the trillions and trillions of planets in the universe' date=' god is focusing on earth, in the USA, on MMA fighters right? Just chillin watchin every fight??

Jesus isnt even the first guy with his story. Born on December 25 to a virgin mother. Crucified and rose again 3 days later, etc...

This is a common myth among ancient cultures. [b']Look up Horus for starters.[/b]

There are many counterfeits in the world. There is only one empty tomb.

yes. Many counterfeiters. But somehow...they came before your christ. Psychic counterfeiters. The beauty of faith....no evidence or logic required or present.

Who's picking fights? I'm having some good conversations on the UFC forum. This is called reasoning together' date=' healthy debate, provocative conversing about UFC fighters that give acknowledgement to God. Perhaps you missed the exchanges so far. There are no fights being picked here. C'mon bro. Grow some thicker skin.[/quote']

Hey I got some news for ya a) Wrong Section. B) Why do you bible trolls love to bibble bash in a mma forum? Realy do you not see this a a lame debate that just keeps going on?? Come on man go to some religious site and have your JEEBUS love fest. They will like you there (unlike here). I don't see why you argue with questions, so what you believe and yoour faith in your god is uber defined. No one else has to believe in your ideal's frankly no one has to even give a flying F*. Go away leave be gone Bible trolls are becoming the worst type on this forum, when I wake up tomorrow this thread will be gone and hopfully you will be as well.

/Thread

you forgot to mention pacquao even though it's boxing, but the dude is already one of the goats of that sport. The dude gives thanks for God everytime.

But.. I'm a christian, in no way do i believe God grants ppl wins. Why didn't Belfort win? You think that Jon Jones hasn't worked his hardest to get where he is? There are many non-christians who were champs, probably a lot more than christian champs. What does this do to your theology? Just saying. I believe God granted us life, and he blesses us. But would he help a fighter, hurt another person just for sport, money, fame? I dunno. i love MMA, but i think it's irrelevant to my religion.(more relevant things in the world) Is it cool Jones thanks god? Yes, awesome.(even if you aren't a christian, you can still respect beliefs) But i truely hope he just doesn't thank him, (if hes a true christian), for just his fighting ability, and wins. I see what you tried to do, but please, it isn't right.

Im a fighter and a devout Christian. I thank God after every fight win or lose. I thank him for getting through the fight with less injuries. I thank him for the humbling experience when i lose. I acknowledge his presence after the fight. I give him praise. Some criticize me for doing so. I dont care. Its not them whos in the ring/octagon. Its not them whos putting their lives on the line. Its not them taking all the punches on the face. I dont care what others say. I dont care if they dont believe. Its called freedom. Free to choose free to decide. This is a good read. I enjoyed every part of it. It gives me insights on how other race/religion/ or whatnot believes. To me, thats what life is all about. As long as nothing violent happens thats ok with me.

Hey I got some news for ya a) Wrong Section. B) Why do you bible trolls love to bibble bash in a mma forum? Realy do you not see this a a lame debate that just keeps going on?? Come on man go to some religious site and have your JEEBUS love fest. They will like you there (unlike here). I don't see why you argue with questions' date=' so what you believe and yoour faith in your god is uber defined. No one else has to believe in your ideal's frankly no one has to even give a flying F*. Go away leave be gone Bible trolls are becoming the worst type on this forum, when I wake up tomorrow this thread will be gone and hopfully you will be as well.

/Thread[/quote']

Good morning sunshine Scottythai! I got some news for you .... I'm still here. I love your rhetoric though. It made me lol a little. In response to some of your commentary... I don't feel as though I'm "bible bashing". If you don't want to be part of the debate, as you put it, then why are you posting on the thread? Nobody's holding your fingers to the keyboard are they? What is "uber defined" btw..? I've never heard that one before. And you are correct, nobody is ever being forced to believe in God, I didn't espouse such a thing, so I'm not sure why you are so butt hurt by the thread. But thank you for posting your thoughts. They were insightful. I won't go away, I've been here talking MMA much longer than about God and Jon Jones, so you can see my posts and know that. I'm quite knowledgeable on the subject, and have probably been into MMA longer than you've been able to type.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I appreciate your post and that I haven't gone away yet. So when you wake up, maybe you can come back with some more thoughts on why some of the greatest MMA fighters/champs are believers in God.

God keep you brother.

Im a fighter and a devout Christian. I thank God after every fight win or lose. I thank him for getting through the fight with less injuries. I thank him for the humbling experience when i lose. I acknowledge his presence after the fight. I give him praise. Some criticize me for doing so. I dont care. Its not them whos in the ring/octagon. Its not them whos putting their lives on the line. Its not them taking all the punches on the face. I dont care what others say. I dont care if they dont believe. Its called freedom. Free to choose free to decide. This is a good read. I enjoyed every part of it. It gives me insights on how other race/religion/ or whatnot believes. To me' date=' thats what life is all about. As long as nothing violent happens thats ok with me.[/quote']

Very cool man! Thanks for posting. I'm really enjoying some of the posters comments here. Although I'm not sure I understand why so many hate fighters who acknowledge God win or lose. God keep ya brother.

you forgot to mention pacquao even though it's boxing' date=' but the dude is already one of the goats of that sport. The dude gives thanks for God everytime.

But.. I'm a christian, in no way do i believe God grants ppl wins. Why didn't Belfort win? You think that Jon Jones hasn't worked his hardest to get where he is? There are many non-christians who were champs, probably a lot more than christian champs. What does this do to your theology? Just saying. I believe God granted us life, and he blesses us. But would he help a fighter, hurt another person just for sport, money, fame? I dunno. i love MMA, but i think it's irrelevant to my religion.(more relevant things in the world) Is it cool Jones thanks god? Yes, awesome.(even if you aren't a christian, you can still respect beliefs) But i truely hope he just doesn't thank him, (if hes a true christian), for just his fighting ability, and wins. I see what you tried to do, but please, it isn't right.[/quote']

Hey Sharpedge. thanks for your post. I'm not sure what to respond to. If you read further back in the thread, I don't believe God grants wins or losses, or that he cares to show favor to this or that fighter. I simply wanted to point out that so many of the greats acknowledge God win or lose. That's it. The scripture says that "whatever we do, we should do our best and for God's glory". Whether that's the profession of prize fighting or weaving baskets for a living, the believer is to do it for the glory and praise of God. I just wanted to point out that many of the christian MMA fighters do this, and that many of the forum tards don't like it...hence the thread title. Jones is human, he's a christian, he's also flawed just like all of us are who admit we are. It's all good bra. I'm glad you commented, thanks for posting. Thanks to all of you for posting! Good on yas.

Very cool man! Thanks for posting. I'm really enjoying some of the posters comments here. Although I'm not sure I understand why so many hate fighters who acknowledge God win or lose. God keep ya brother.

Its actually ignorance and fear. We're always afraid of what we dont see and what we dont know. Maybe insecurity comes into play too. Its human nature. Thats common with kids today. But they will eventually realize things when they are older. But for now, they are just enjoying life as they see it. I should know, i was once like that. :P

Not quite sure what the point of this thread is. Did Jones prove that God exists by beating Rua?

...or is your point just that a good bunch of MMA-fighters are religious? Because that shouldn't be news to anybody, especially since the sport is dominated by people from the US and south-america. :P

People who want to show their gratitude to some holy power everytime something good happens in their lives are of course allowed to do so, but in the year of 2011 they also have to tolerate some criticism of their believes (...but when I say "criticism", I mean something a little more clever and intelligent than: "jesus sucks").

Top ten reasons people are religious:

1. Childhood Indoctrination

2. Fear

3. Times of Desperation and Need

4. Tradition

5. Searching For Answers

6. Guilty Conscious

7. Socializing

8. Comfort and Assurance

9. Lack of Responsibility

10. Spiritual Fulfillment

First of all I am Buddhist.. I dont hate christians or "Jesus." I just dont believe in worship and prayer and all of the things that come with being a christian.... The only person that is responsible for our actions is ourself... We control our success and our failures with the results of our thoughts and actions.. If we win a world title or if global warming is ruining our planet... theyre both results of Humankind not some Almighty god thats using us as pawns in his chess game.

Not quite sure what the point of this thread is. Did Jones prove that God exists by beating Rua?

...or is your point just that a good bunch of MMA-fighters are religious? Because that shouldn't be news to anybody' date=' especially since the sport is dominated by people from the US and south-america. :P

People who want to show their gratitude to some holy power everytime something good happens in their lives are of course allowed to do so, but in the year of 2011 they also have to tolerate some criticism of their believes (...but when I say "criticism", I mean something a little more clever and intelligent than: "jesus sucks").[/quote']

No, Jones didn't prove anything about God. That wasn't the thread intent. The intent was to call out the Jesus haters that also hug the cashews of fighters that acknowledge this God. That's all. I just felt like rousing and engaging in a discussion about the topic. I don't often post any threads, nor debate online, but since I've been a into MMA for a long time and also a believer, I thought I'd start a discussion on the topic. It's been interesting to hear some of the rants. Thanks for posting.

First of all I am Buddhist.. I dont hate christians or "Jesus." I just dont believe in worship and prayer and all of the things that come with being a christian.... The only person that is responsible for our actions is ourself... We control our success and our failures with the results of our thoughts and actions.. If we win a world title or if global warming is ruining our planet... theyre both results of Humankind not some Almighty god thats using us as pawns in his chess game.

Agreed... thanks for posting. Finally some intelligence in this thread. :o

I'm willing to bet my left baby maker that at least half of all you super intelligent forum tards that have been hugging Bone's lower region for the last few weeks/months' date=' are some of the same scorners that hiss, moan, revile and hate on his God and Savior Jesus the Christ. Well, c'mon out and let's get convivial. I want to hear from you intelligent little hellions. What say ye now that your boy has given "most of all" his thanks and praise to his God. I was just curious. You have a lot to spew when someone here posts anything even relatively close to sounding religious, and you love to scoff... I'd like to hear your honest take on why you think this young man gives first and foremost glory to this man Jesus, this one you believe a myth. Oh yeah, I was curious also what you think about all the other champions past or present clinging to this Jesus guy..... Anderson Silva, Shogun Rua, Vitor Belfort, Randy Couture, Nate Marquart, Dominque Cruz, Rampage Jackson, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Pat Miletech, ....should I go on? Nah, better not. I might get some of you little anti-christs too much to think about. Win or lose, God is still God, he still sits on the Throne. I was just curious what some of you thought, since you're usually so vocal. Good on yas.

Looking forward to hear from you...[/quote']

A fighter praised Jesus, then I guess I have to be a believer... Hahahaha

So how about all those other fighters who are highly religious and never get out of the minor leagues? Obviously people aren't going to "Praise Jesus" for their shortcomings, but as soon as something goes right, "OH THANK YOU JESUS".

And for you religious people who may respond to my post (who I don't have any problem with, you can believe what you want to, as long as I can to), I just have two words for you: The Holocaust.

Commence the flaming if you must ;)

This.

1. Childhood Indoctrination - I am thankful my parents taught me something about God

2. Fear - Yes' date=' I do fear God and the penalty of wrong doings.[/b']

3. Times of Desperation and Need - God helps the desperate.

4. Tradition - Thank God for traditions being passed down.

5. Searching For Answers - Everyone has questions, he who searches finds.

6. Guilty Conscious - Yes, I'm convicted in my conscious of my sin. This is a good thing.

7. Socializing - Christians do tend to hang out with other christians. Weird huh?

8. Comfort and Assurance - God is the Comforter, and yes, assurance comes with the deal.

9. Lack of Responsibility - Ummm.... ?

- Indeed I am finally fulfilled in this life. I would never trade it.

Thanks for posting this, I appreciate your comments, they are very good.

God keep you bro.

A fighter praised Jesus' date=' then I guess I have to be a believer... Hahahaha

So how about all those other fighters who are highly religious and never get out of the minor leagues? Obviously people aren't going to "Praise Jesus" for their shortcomings, but as soon as something goes right, "OH THANK YOU JESUS".

And for you religious people who may respond to my post (who I don't have any problem with, you can believe what you want to, as long as I can to), I just have two words for you: The Holocaust.

Commence the flaming if you must ;)[/quote']

lol. I don't think my thread or any of the posts here are saying you have to believe in anything you don't want to. Nice try though. You can believe whatever you want, this thread is not about you being forced to believe in God. Go back and read if you want clarification. But if you want to believe, you can also do that. Don't be scared to ask questions. :o

- Indeed I am finally fulfilled in this life. I would never trade it.

Thanks for posting this' date=' I appreciate your comments, they are very good.

God keep you bro.[/quote']

I'm glad you could help me prove my point. None of those reasons are logical btw.

yes. Many counterfeiters. But somehow...they came before your christ. Psychic counterfeiters. The beauty of faith....no evidence or logic required or present.

LOL this^^ These so called "counterfeits" came THOUSANDS of years BEFORE Jesus!!!

Educate yourself before you try to preach to people.

LOL this^^ These so called "counterfeits" came THOUSANDS of years BEFORE Jesus!!!

Educate yourself before you try to preach to people.

What counterfeits are you referring to? Be specific please. And I'm not preaching bra. It's called a discussion. Preaching happens from the pulpit. But please elaborate on which counterfeits you are referring to. I'm very curious.

What counterfeits are you referring to? Be specific please. And I'm not preaching bra. It's called a discussion. Preaching happens from the pulpit. But please elaborate on which counterfeits you are referring to. I'm very curious.

Just little examples, you can do more research on each one...

1. Asklepios healed the sick, raised the dead, and was known as the savior and redeemer.

2. Hercules was born of a divine father and mortal mother and was known as the savior of the world. Prophets foretold his birth and claimed he would be a king, which started a search by a leader who wanted to kill him. He walked on water and told his mother, "Don't cry, I'm going to heaven." when he died. As he passed he said, "It is finished."

3. Dionysus was literally the "Son of God", was born of a virgin mother, and was commonly depicted riding a donkey. He healed the sick and turned water to wine. He was killed but was resurrected and became immortal. His greatest accomplishment was his own death, which delivers humanity itself.

4. Osiris did the same things. He was born of a virgin, was considered the first true king of the people, and when he died he rose from the grave and went to heaven.

5. Osiris's son, Horus, was known as the "light of the world", "The good shepherd", and "the lamb". He was also referred to as, "The way, the truth, and the life." His symbol was a cross.

6. Mithra's birthday was celebrated on the 25th of December, his birth was witnessed by local shepherds who brought him gifts, had 12 disciples, and when he was done on earth he had a final meal before going up to heaven. On judgment day he'll return to pass judgment on the living and the dead. The good will go to heaven, and the evil will die in a giant fire. His holiday is on Sunday (he's the Sun God). His followers called themselves "brothers", and their leaders "fathers". They had baptism and a meal ritual where symbolic flesh and blood were eaten. Heaven was in the sky, and hell was below with demons and sinners.

7. Krishna had a miraculous conception that wise men were able to come to because they were guided by a star. After he was born an area ruler tried to have him found and killed. His parents were warned by a divine messenger, however, and they escaped and was met by shepherds. The boy grew up to be the mediator between God and man.

8. Buddha's mother was told by an angel that she'd give birth to a holy child destined to be a savior. As a child he teaches the priests in his temple about religion while his parents look for him. He starts his religious career at roughly 30 years of age and is said to have spoken to 12 disciples on his deathbed. One of the disciples is his favorite, and another is a traitor. He and his disciples abstain from wealth and travel around speaking in parables and metaphors. He called himself "the son of man" and was referred to as, "prophet", "master", and "Lord". He healed the sick, cured the blind and deaf, and he walked on water. One of his disciples tried to walk on water as well but sunk because his faith wasn't strong enough.

9. Apollonius of Tyana (a contemporary of Jesus) performed countless miracles (healing sick and crippled, restored sight, casted out demons, etc.) His birth was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. He knew scripture really well as a child. He was crucified, rose from the dead and appeared to his disciples to prove his power before going to heaven to sit at the right hand of the father. He was known as, "The Son of God".

Just little examples' date=' you can do more research on each one...

1. Asklepios healed the sick, raised the dead, and was known as the savior and redeemer.

2. Hercules was born of a divine father and mortal mother and was known as the savior of the world. Prophets foretold his birth and claimed he would be a king, which started a search by a leader who wanted to kill him. He walked on water and told his mother, "Don't cry, I'm going to heaven." when he died. As he passed he said, "It is finished."

3. Dionysus was literally the "Son of God", was born of a virgin mother, and was commonly depicted riding a donkey. He healed the sick and turned water to wine. He was killed but was resurrected and became immortal. His greatest accomplishment was his own death, which delivers humanity itself.

4. Osiris did the same things. He was born of a virgin, was considered the first true king of the people, and when he died he rose from the grave and went to heaven.

5. Osiris's son, Horus, was known as the "light of the world", "The good shepherd", and "the lamb". He was also referred to as, "The way, the truth, and the life." His symbol was a cross.

6. Mithra's birthday was celebrated on the 25th of December, his birth was witnessed by local shepherds who brought him gifts, had 12 disciples, and when he was done on earth he had a final meal before going up to heaven. On judgment day he'll return to pass judgment on the living and the dead. The good will go to heaven, and the evil will die in a giant fire. His holiday is on Sunday (he's the Sun God). His followers called themselves "brothers", and their leaders "fathers". They had baptism and a meal ritual where symbolic flesh and blood were eaten. Heaven was in the sky, and hell was below with demons and sinners.

7. Krishna had a miraculous conception that wise men were able to come to because they were guided by a star. After he was born an area ruler tried to have him found and killed. His parents were warned by a divine messenger, however, and they escaped and was met by shepherds. The boy grew up to be the mediator between God and man.

8. Buddha's mother was told by an angel that she'd give birth to a holy child destined to be a savior. As a child he teaches the priests in his temple about religion while his parents look for him. He starts his religious career at roughly 30 years of age and is said to have spoken to 12 disciples on his deathbed. One of the disciples is his favorite, and another is a traitor. He and his disciples abstain from wealth and travel around speaking in parables and metaphors. He called himself "the son of man" and was referred to as, "prophet", "master", and "Lord". He healed the sick, cured the blind and deaf, and he walked on water. One of his disciples tried to walk on water as well but sunk because his faith wasn't strong enough.

9. Apollonius of Tyana (a contemporary of Jesus) performed countless miracles (healing sick and crippled, restored sight, casted out demons, etc.) His birth was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. He knew scripture really well as a child. He was crucified, rose from the dead and appeared to his disciples to prove his power before going to heaven to sit at the right hand of the father. He was known as, "The Son of God".[/quote']

Dude! Yes! Thanks for that! I will chew on this when I have some time. Honestly, I haven't researched much of this, but I will have to see what all these are about. But like I said, many counterfeits, only one empty tomb. Excellent post bro. Glad you contributed.

I hate these zealots who actually think a higher power helped them win.

simple fact: Jones was the person who trained' date=' and Jones was the person who beat Shogun. Not jesus, not god. Jones did. Thats a fact[/quote']

Dude bra, hate is a strong word for such a weak post... you're on the wrong thread. Nobody here has said that. This thread is not about that. Go blow your spew somewhere else. This is a thread calling out the Jesus haters, of which are some of the same who have been hugging the baby makers of the likes of these christian champs, which I see you might possibly be part of that group. Feel free to stay on topic if you like. I personally do not believe in what you just said about God helping people to win. Jones trained, he's a phenom, and there is no disputing this. Good on yas.

I'm willing to bet my left baby maker that at least half of all you super intelligent forum tards that have been hugging Bone's lower region for the last few weeks/months' date=' are some of the same scorners that hiss, moan, revile and hate on his God and Savior Jesus the Christ. Well, c'mon out and let's get convivial. I want to hear from you intelligent little hellions. What say ye now that your boy has given "most of all" his thanks and praise to his God. I was just curious. You have a lot to spew when someone here posts anything even relatively close to sounding religious, and you love to scoff... I'd like to hear your honest take on why you think this young man gives first and foremost glory to this man Jesus, this one you believe a myth. Oh yeah, I was curious also what you think about all the other champions past or present clinging to this Jesus guy..... Anderson Silva, Shogun Rua, Vitor Belfort, Randy Couture, Nate Marquart, Dominque Cruz, Rampage Jackson, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin, Pat Miletech, ....should I go on? Nah, better not. I might get some of you little anti-christs too much to think about. Win or lose, God is still God, he still sits on the Throne. I was just curious what some of you thought, since you're usually so vocal. Good on yas.

Why would God appreciate praise and thanks from a fighter. It's like stealing something and then thanking god for not being caught.

Just little examples' date=' you can do more research on each one...

9. Apollonius of Tyana (a contemporary of Jesus) performed countless miracles (healing sick and crippled, restored sight, casted out demons, etc.) His birth was of a virgin, foretold by an angel. He knew scripture really well as a child. He was crucified, rose from the dead and appeared to his disciples to prove his power before going to heaven to sit at the right hand of the father. He was known as, "The Son of God".[/quote']

Dude, i cant believe you actually researched all these. lol

1. Childhood Indoctrination

2. Fear

3. Times of Desperation and Need

4. Tradition

5. Searching For Answers

6. Guilty Conscious

7. Socializing

8. Comfort and Assurance

9. Lack of Responsibility

I'm glad you could help me prove my point. None of those reasons are logical btw.

Thats why its called "leap of faith". Logic is not a requirement to believe.

Thats why its called "leap of faith". Logic is not a requirement to believe.

Yes you are correct, logic is not a requirement for religious people to believe. That's why I think religion is so dangerous, and why religious people shouldn't be allowed to make decisions.

Yes you are correct' date=' logic is not a requirement for religious people to believe. That's why I think religion is so dangerous, and why religious people shouldn't be allowed to make decisions.[/quote']

Hahahahhaaaaaaa!!! Right. Let's keep all the religious people from making decisions. Dude, you and Hitler would probably get along pretty well. Forum-tard...

Well. Jon Jones is > or = Jesus. So, in a sense, Jones is thanking himself.

Hahahahhaaaaaaa!!! Right. Let's keep all the religious people from making decisions. Dude' date=' you and Hitler would probably get along pretty well. Forum-tard...[/quote']

That's not very christian of you. My point is valid, if logic doesn't factor into your beliefs then you are incapable of making good decisions.

Hahahahhaaaaaaa!!! Right. Let's keep all the religious people from making decisions. Dude' date=' you and Hitler would probably get along pretty well. Forum-tard...[/quote']

Btw Hitler was christian

christian_hitler.jpg

That's not very christian of you. My point is valid' date=' if logic doesn't factor into your beliefs then you are incapable of making good decisions.[/quote']

Who said christians or any other religious person doesn't use logic? I don't believe that. Everyones logical reasoning varies. Your logic may have flaws, mine might. Logic is never a requirement for faith, but my faith and most christians I know is not a blind faith. There is substantial evidence to support the bible and it's facts, fulfilled predictions/prophecies, and it's moral teachings. Even historians do not deny Jesus' existence. Josephus, a hisotorian of the time, was not a believer, but he reported the Christ just as the bible does. What type of logic was he using? I don't find anywhere in the bible that logic is condemned. It's human logic that sometimes conflicts with evidential faith. My faith is in evidence, not some burning in my bosom, or some fairy tale God. The bible lines up perfectly with historical writings. Can you logically demonstrate it's inaccuracy?

Btw Hitler was christian

christian_hitler.jpg

Nope. Wrong. There are many who may for a time attach themselves to any religion, but the man Hitler was far from a Christ follower. His attachment if you want to call it that was political and power driven.

Nope. Wrong. There are many who may for a time attach themselves to any religion' date=' but the man Hitler was far from a Christ follower. His attachment if you want to call it that was political and power driven.[/quote']

He was christian since he was a child, long before his involvement in politics and was a Confirmed Catholic.

Who said christians or any other religious person doesn't use logic? I don't believe that. Everyones logical reasoning varies. Your logic may have flaws' date=' mine might. Logic is never a requirement for faith, but my faith and most christians I know is not a blind faith. There is substantial evidence to support the bible and it's facts, fulfilled predictions/prophecies, and it's moral teachings. Even historians do not deny Jesus' existence. Josephus, a hisotorian of the time, was not a believer, but he reported the Christ just as the bible does. What type of logic was he using? I don't find anywhere in the bible that logic is condemned. It's human logic that sometimes conflicts with evidential faith. My faith is in evidence, not some burning in my bosom, or some fairy tale God. The bible lines up perfectly with historical writings. Can you logically demonstrate it's inaccuracy?[/quote']

And that is exactly why you shouldn't be making decisions. You believe that religion is supported by historical evidence.