PRIDEhasDIED

PRIDEneverDIED

after tonight i have lost my spark for MMA....as a fan that has watched the sport develop and evolve i am more than sad to say this, however it is just not the same for me. call me a butt hurt fan boy or whatever, but everyone i grew up watching and got me into the sport during PRIDE have not had success and it pains me to see it. I know it is an evolving sport and every fighter only has so much time to achieve greatness and shine but as i have said the game has changed and although there is great talent coming through organizations i will never feel the same about the new generation of fighters.

i would just like to thank all the fighters that kept me involved and interested in the MMA game.

1. Sakuraba, my favorite fighter of all time, thank you for having the greatest fighting spirit i have ever seen, you will forever be one of my heroes.

2. Fedor, you have achieved so much greatness during your career, thank you for being the most humble, respectful fighter that has ever lived. you will also be one of my lifetime heroes.

3. Shogun, you are a rare breed that i could never say a bad word about. I am glad i got to see you achieve so much in your career and win UFC gold, winning a belt in the UFC means nothing to me but i know it meant a lot to you, i hope you come back with a vengeance, you still have time. always a hero

there are so many more honorable mentions from my PRIDE days...i would list them all but this post is already a drunken ramble. that not many will finish reading.

win, lose, or draw you 3 have always had my support and will forever be heroes to me. farewell to the UFC community, i will be back every so often when im bored at work to see how everyone who has kept me around this long is doing, you know who you are.

Sakuraba.jpg

fedor.jpg

ufc11311shogunvsmachida015.jpg

thank you all here at the forums for keeping MMA alive and growing and keeping me around here for so long. farewell for now...

You forgot about

overeem-tall.jpg

Last of a dieing breed

THIS^^

Alistair is the future GOAT. He's dedicated himself 100% and will soon be the best in the world.

Nobody can **** with The Reem. He's going to win the GP and then come to the UFC to clean house and take the belt.

tumblr_lfzadak22Z1qa0c4no1_500.png

dan henderson's the only pride champ left who stands a chance at capturing ufc gold. I believe he only has 1 fight left with strikeforce, and when he defends his belt there, he will return to the ufc and fight for the 185lb title.

By that time anderson will have moved up to 205 permanently, and we could see hendo claim the vacant title.

Also shogun is down, but it takes more then this to keep him there. he will be back.

dan henderson's the only pride champ left who stands a chance at returning to glory. I believe he only has 1 fight left with strikeforce' date=' and when he defends his belt there, he will return to the ufc and fight for the 185lb title.

By that time anderson will have moved up to 205 permanently, and we could see hendo claim the vacant title.[/quote']

Dan Henderson has NEVER defended a title, and he won't in Strikeforce either.

dan henderson's the only pride champ left who stands a chance at capturing ufc gold. I believe he only has 1 fight left with strikeforce' date=' and when he defends his belt there, he will return to the ufc and fight for the 185lb title.

By that time anderson will have moved up to 205 permanently, and we could see hendo claim the vacant title.

Also shogun is down, but it takes more then this to keep him there. he will be back.[/quote']

Please do not forget this man ...

the-reem-alistair-overeem.jpg

i think he made up for it by capturing two titles at the same time.

and yes. yes he will defend the belt at strikeforce.

BTW overeem was never a pride champ was he?

Well he only held one title for over a year without defending it before he won the other. That took talent.:rolleyes:

i think he made up for it by capturing two titles at the same time.

and yes. yes he will defend the belt at strikeforce.

BTW overeem was never a pride champ was he?

When Overeem fought in PRIDE he fought at 205, and he got whipped by Arona, Shogun, Lil Nog and even Lidell

The Reem/Ubereem is a totally different person.. and his coming for yall

no one else has done it have they? not in pride ufc strikeforce' date=' wec, nothing.[/quote']

No, because those fighters actually have to defend their belts from time to time. With Dan, Pride just let him hang around wherever he wanted and called him a champion. It's ridiculous.

after tonight i have lost my spark for MMA....as a fan that has watched the sport develop and evolve i am more than sad to say this' date=' however it is just not the same for me. call me a butt hurt fan boy or whatever, but everyone i grew up watching and got me into the sport during PRIDE have not had success and it pains me to see it. I know it is an evolving sport and every fighter only has so much time to achieve greatness and shine but as i have said the game has changed and although there is great talent coming through organizations i will never feel the same about the new generation of fighters.

i would just like to thank all the fighters that kept me involved and interested in the MMA game.

1. Sakuraba, my favorite fighter of all time, thank you for having the greatest fighting spirit i have ever seen, you will forever be one of my heroes.

2. Fedor, you have achieved so much greatness during your career, thank you for being the most humble, respectful fighter that has ever lived. you will also be one of my lifetime heroes.

3. Shogun, you are a rare breed that i could never say a bad word about. I am glad i got to see you achieve so much in your career and win UFC gold, winning a belt in the UFC means nothing to me but i know it meant a lot to you, i hope you come back with a vengeance, you still have time. always a hero

there are [b']so many more [/b]honorable mentions from my PRIDE days...i would list them all but this post is already a drunken ramble. that not many will finish reading.

win, lose, or draw you 3 have always had my support and will forever be heroes to me. farewell to the UFC community, i will be back every so often when im bored at work to see how everyone who has kept me around this long is doing, you know who you are.

Sakuraba.jpg

fedor.jpg

thank you all here at the forums for keeping MMA alive and growing and keeping me around here for so long. farewell for now...

:(

after tonight i have lost my spark for MMA....as a fan that has watched the sport develop and evolve i am more than sad to say this' date=' however it is just not the same for me. call me a butt hurt fan boy or whatever, but everyone i grew up watching and got me into the sport during PRIDE have not had success and it pains me to see it. I know it is an evolving sport and every fighter only has so much time to achieve greatness and shine but as i have said the game has changed and although there is great talent coming through organizations i will never feel the same about the new generation of fighters.

there are [b']so many more [/b]honorable mentions from my PRIDE days...i would list them all but this post is already a drunken ramble. that not many will finish reading.

Sakuraba.jpg

fedor.jpg

I try hard not to have favorites or get attached to certain fights or fighters. I try to watch and enjoy fights for the competition , technical beauty and war that they bestow. I guess it helps I train and fight , but I wanted to vomit watching Shogun vs Jones myself it honestly hurt.

Archived