Pride hasn't died!!!

TheJanitor

As long as the Reem keeps dominating in the toughest heavyweight division in the world

All these moronic statements and generalizations on this forum don't even deserved to be deemed with a response. Most of these guys haven't trained in the sport a day in their life and know very little about the sport but are ignorant enough to feel as if they're Greg Jackson or Dave Camarillo.

As long as the Reem keeps dominating in the toughest heavyweight division in the world

Overeem? Dominating? Toughest division in the world? Name one top 10 fighter that Overeem has faced and in his most recent win streak. And don't say Brett Rogers. The guy almost lost to Warpath Villareal. No disrespect to Overeem, but man, the best guy he has faced so far is Todd Duffee. He hasn't even beat Werdum yet. On top of that, Heavyweight is not the toughest weight class in MMA. The talent level pales in comparison to the lower weight classes.

• 2 weeks later...
Granted but that doesn't necessarily mean he would lose to top 10

Brock and Bigfoot only people i see him beating. Even Frank Mir would beat Overeem.

Werdum i just get these feelings and i'm never wrong when i get these feelings is Werdum is gonna Knock him out.

REEM is not fighting for pride it was worst time in his career' date='he had alot of troubles in personal life and changed dramaticaly after pride..[/quote']

What he said. He was a mediocre LHW fighter in Pride, and since has bulked up and started KOing top 20-10 fools left and right. He's a great fighter fighting some guys that are kinda good.

Once we see him against some other great fighters, we'll see what he's got.

Brock and Bigfoot only people i see him beating. Even Frank Mir would beat Overeem.

Werdum i just get these feelings and i'm never wrong when i get these feelings is Werdum is gonna Knock him out.

how would frank mir beat overeem?

please explain this to me.

the only way I see frank mir beating overeem is via submission. overeems muay thai is superior to franks in every way. if you think otherwise you are a fool. frank will lose a decision or more likely he would be knocked out if it were a stand up fight. so what are the chances of frank taking overeem down? well let's see, overeem is bigger, stronger and better in the clinch. frank mir is not a wrestler and does not have great takedowns.. see my point here? the reem has the most devastating knees in the game. if frank eats one of those in the clinch or takedown attempt, it lights out.

frank mir would beat overeem. what a joke

how would frank mir beat overeem?

please explain this to me.

the only way I see frank mir beating overeem is via submission. overeems muay thai is superior to franks in every way. if you think otherwise you are a fool. frank will lose a decision or more likely he would be knocked out if it were a stand up fight. so what are the chances of frank taking overeem down? well let's see' date=' overeem is bigger, stronger and better in the clinch. frank mir is not a wrestler and does not have great takedowns.. see my point here? the reem has the most devastating knees in the game. if frank eats one of those in the clinch or takedown attempt, it lights out.

frank mir would beat overeem. what a joke[/quote']

you underate his submission defence. How many times he was submited?once? the only way is to beat overeem is ground and pound him or ko him.

you underate his submission defence. How many times he was submited?once? the only way is to beat overeem is ground and pound him or ko him.

I never said that mir would be able to submit overeem, but mir has have an advantage in the submission game. so I see it as mirs only way to win the fight. he certainly ain't KO'ing him.

LMAO please be a joke

All these moronic statements and generalizations on this forum don't even deserved to be deemed with a response. Most of these guys haven't trained in the sport a day in their life and know very little about the sport but are ignorant enough to feel as if they're Greg Jackson or Dave Camarillo.

Oh the irony...

• 2 months later...

Overeem is solid, people who are saying he hasn't faced top 10 are just using that as an excuse to not rank him seeing as he isn't in the UFC. Besides, aside from Carwin, Lesnar, JDS, and Cain the HW division is weak as hell.

Alistair has just as difficult competition in Barnett, Bigface, Werdum, or Kharitonov.

If he wins the SFHWGP I'd have no prob ranking him in the top 3.

Lol im not sure about frank mir he's been so bad lately,so bad

Bigfoot would take him down,overeem couldnt take silvas gnp not in a million years.

Archived