I've never seen a champion get so dominated!

Bobmyster

Shogun got worked. One of the most dominant championship winning performances in recent history. Jones looked like Anderson Silva on 'roids in that fight. I was watching it and couldn't believe my eyes. His striking and ground and pound is absolutely vicious. I hope Shogun comes back, because he really didn't look like himself in that fight. Jones is just that good.

Shogun got worked. One of the most dominant championship winning performances in recent history. Jones looked like Anderson Silva on 'roids in that fight. I was watching it and couldn't believe my eyes. His striking and ground and pound is absolutely vicious. I hope Shogun comes back' date=' because he really didn't look like himself in that fight. Jones is just that good.[/quote']

Ha 'Anderson silva on roids!).......classic!

I think Rua was 100% ready coming into this fight.....but he got rocked early in the fight..and looked like he never really recovered from that.....probably becuase Jones never let up on him.

Lets face it...Rua has had his time..and is an icon...but there is a new sheriff in town....there is a new breed of young, skilled fighters...they are popping up all around us.....started with Anderson Silva.....except....I think Jones will be more dangerous than Silva....just give him a few years....hell.he does not need a few years...look what he just pulled off.....everyone in the LHW division just got demotivated cuz how is someone supposed to beat jones....after what we saw last night

Thats what happens when you take ten months off. The UFC threw Rua into the fire on this one.

Lol

This from the exact same fanboys who gleefully proclaimed for weeks that Jones was nothing but hype and Shogun was going to murder him. Is there not a single mma fan who can take his fighter losing with a modicum of dignity and without making lame excuses :)

I think Rua was 100% ready coming into this fight.....but he got rocked early in the fight..and looked like he never really recovered from that.....probably becuase Jones never let up on him.

Lets face it...Rua has had his time..and is an icon...but there is a new sheriff in town....there is a new breed of young' date=' skilled fighters...they are popping up all around us.....started with Anderson Silva.....except....I think Jones will be more dangerous than Silva....just give him a few years....hell.he does not need a few years...look what he just pulled off.....everyone in the LHW division just got demotivated cuz how is someone supposed to beat jones....after what we saw last night[/quote']

Nicely put.

That was an extremely one sided fight' date=' but dont count Rashad out, hes big and knows what hes doing. Jones just needs to play the reach game like he did last night and I think he'll beat anyone.[/quote']

Rashad s going to have a lot of sleepless nights coming into this fight, jones is a beast and we will see the rashad skanky leg again! 1st round KO!

imo Shogun's knee surgery hurt him again just like it did against forrest. He was gassed after the first round. Now for other fighter this might be a legit excuse but for shogun he gets knees injuries so often that it is just a fact of life with him. Shogun could have been one of the best but his body won't let him. No knock on Jones though, that guy is a monster.

Anyone else notice Shogun tap at the end of the fight?

Yup. There have been a few threads about. Sherdog is flooded with gifs of him tapping too.

As much as I love Shogun, I do find it annoying that GSP gets loads of **** for tapping to strikes against Serra, as does Brock regarding the verbal tap against Cain. Yet no one seems to care about Shogun tapping. Fans here have some double standards sometimes.

imo Shogun's knee surgery hurt him again just like it did against forrest. He was gassed after the first round. Now for other fighter this might be a legit excuse but for shogun he gets knees injuries so often that it is just a fact of life with him. Shogun could have been one of the best but his body won't let him. No knock on Jones though' date=' that guy is a monster.[/quote']

+1...this was the same Shogun that fought Forrest...not the Shogun who fought Machida

Yup. There have been a few threads about. Sherdog is flooded with gifs of him tapping too.

As much as I love Shogun' date=' I do find it annoying that GSP gets loads of **** for tapping to strikes against Serra, as does Brock regarding the verbal tap against Cain. Yet no one seems to care about Shogun tapping. Fans here have some double standards sometimes.[/quote']

Give it time, I personally will bring it up all the time to ufcfail1

As much as I love Shogun' date=' I do find it annoying that GSP gets loads of **** for tapping to strikes against Serra, as does Brock regarding the verbal tap against Cain. Yet no one seems to care about Shogun tapping. Fans here have some double standards sometimes.[/b']

Amen to that!

Lol

This from the exact same fanboys who gleefully proclaimed for weeks that Jones was nothing but hype and Shogun was going to murder him. Is there not a single mma fan who can take his fighter losing with a modicum of dignity and without making lame excuses :)

This.

I'll admit that Shogun didn't really look himself. But even if he was in his absolute best' date=' I just think Jones is an absolute nightmare of a matchup for him and Jones would have won anyway.

The fight ended with Silva not having a mark on him and with his hand raised for the win after finishing Sonnen...you'd have to be the product of an incestous union to even compare it to Jones/Rua.

Once again, I agree.

As much as I love Shogun' date=' I do find it annoying that GSP gets loads of **** for tapping to strikes against Serra, as does Brock regarding the verbal tap against Cain. Yet no one seems to care about Shogun tapping. Fans here have some double standards sometimes.[/quote']

I figured there were threads on it.

I agree. This needs attention brought to it lol

Mark my words shogun is going to come back get the belt and who ever is in his way he is going to ruin....you try coming back from knee injury after knee injury and then having minimal time to prepare for a 23 year old steroid junkie,with a grease gate trainer greasy pos!

The fight ended with Silva not having a mark on him and with his hand raised for the win after finishing Sonnen...you'd have to be the product of an incestous union to even compare it to Jones/Rua.

yea watch the end again, silvas face was swollen...soo yea....and jones/rua wasnt a 1 sided demolishing from hell, shogun got beat end of story, jones had an amazing night. you want to see a beatdown? Penn v. Sanchez-Silva v. Franklin-Shogun v. Rampage thats a one sided beatdown....shogun got beat and worse loss of his career, shogun WILL be back and stronger than ever.... no excuses from this fan boy =)

Archived