Nate Marquardt seriously considering moving down to 170lbs!?

Me_Against_The_World

There is NO WAY Marquardt makes 170. Dont know what the hell hes thinking with that.

I honestly did notice he had a bit of flab when he came into the fight. If you remember TUF1 Koscheck looked incredibly lean at 185lbs and not small at all , yet he makes the cut with ease. Jake Shields looked as big if not bigger than Henderson at 185 , he made the cut ( poorly , but has before wonderfully) , Anthony Johnson...Anderson Silva fought at 165 and 175. I don't think its as absurd as it seems at first , though I think he'll be a lesser fighter at 170 than 185, I could be wrong IF it would happen.

I honestly did notice he had a bit of flab when he came into the fight. If you remember TUF1 Koscheck looked incredibly lean at 185lbs and not small at all ' date=' yet he makes the cut with ease. Jake Shields looked as big if not bigger than Henderson at 185 , he made the cut ( poorly , but has before wonderfully) , Anthony Johnson...Anderson Silva fought at 165 and 175. I don't think its as absurd as it seems at first , though I think he'll be a lesser fighter at 170 than 185, I could be wrong IF it would happen.[/quote']

True didnt really think about it. Still though I dont think its a good idea, its the way hes fighting lately thats the problem not his weight.

True didnt really think about it. Still though I dont think its a good idea' date=' its the way hes fighting lately thats the problem not his weight.[/quote']

I agree , he looks gunshy to me. He used to be a fighter who "WENT FOR THE KILL". Now he seems to play it safe and just take the decision. Nate not finishing Dan Miller says a lot to me. The Yushin Okami fight was horrendous also, before that the beating from Sonnen.

Maybe it is time for change? Or maybe its the Jackson effect irregardless.

( I think Nate may leave Jacksons and go to Trevor Wittmans at the grudge center with Rashad, I always disliked Jacksons and their mindset in the gym , thats what made me decide I'm going to train out of AKA, however I think Wittman is an awesome trainer)

i'd prefer demian maia at 170' date=' or maybe even rousimar palhares. someone who can pose a legit threat off their back against gsp.[/quote']

GSP would just stand and pick them apart , sprawl and brawl for 25minutes all day long. Even if Maia got GSP down , I highly doubt he'd get the submission he couldn't do it to Mario Miranda for 12 minutes of 15 minutes in a fight. Or Kendal Grove , or Dan Miller. I doubt Palhares would want to make that cut if he did , he is much more aggressive with his submissions though I doubt he'd have even a decent chance either. I don't see GSP losing until he moves up to 185 ( he better or I'll smack the accent out of his mouth)

Archived