After watching the beating of Shogun, do you think Jones could beat....

Brady969

I've been throwing around the idea in my head for the past year of how a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva would go but after watching how he man-handled Shogun, I'm not interested in seeing that now because I really believe he would throw Silva around like a rag doll and it would be much like last-nights fight. I'd rather see Jones move up and fight bigger guys like Carwin or Big Country. What do you guys think? Yes, I realize he would have to put on weight.

Let him defend the belt atleast once before he thinks of doing anything else. The LHW belt changes to often for him to think that far ahead. I think Machida would be a good fight for him.

I agree that he needs to defend the belt but Machida? The last guy Shogun beat up? Unless Machida pulls off a great fight and IMPRESSIVE win against Randy, I don't agree.

What about Forrest Griffin or Jared Hamman? I really think he would destroy Machida.

I think he would beat Anderson just as bad IMO. What is Radhad going to do:o? Is he really going to fight him?

They've only been friends for a few months and according to Dana, if they don't....they'll lose their job.

I don't think Rashad has much of chance.

They've only been friends for a few months and according to Dana' date=' if they don't....they'll lose their job.

I don't think Rashad has much of chance.[/quote']

I doubt THEY would lose their jobs, why would he sack the LHW top contender and LHW CHAMPION? That's just stupid.

I doubt THEY would lose their jobs' date=' why would he sack the LHW top contender and LHW CHAMPION? That's just stupid.[/quote']

I agree with what you said but it's more about the mesage he was sending knowing Jones is young and wants to become a legend, he played on that and sent a message to both guys. His poker face worked. Where's Rashad going to go to if he refuses to fight Jones?

Dana is kind of holding the cards.

They will fight and the outcome will be the same as last night. jones is so well rounded its scary. Like joe rogan keeps saying the new bread. rashard has better wrestling than shogun but not as good stand up. jones will punch and kick rashard to death. And after seeing him defend baders takedowns i can see him brushing sugars of aswel. I think he would beat silva and really cant see this lad losing for a long time.

jones will man handle rashad like he did to shogun, rashad is faster than shogun but smaller so jones will just light him up with kicks,elbows and big right hands....rashad to do the chicken dance only this time it wont last as long

I agree that he needs to defend the belt but Machida? The last guy Shogun beat up? Unless Machida pulls off a great fight and IMPRESSIVE win against Randy' date=' I don't agree.

What about Forrest Griffin or [b']Jared Hamman[/b]? I really think he would destroy Machida.

You're joking, right? Jared Hamman? He wouldn't last a minute with Jones or Shogun. He's just not top contender material right now.

You're joking' date=' right? Jared Hamman? He wouldn't last a minute with Jones or Shogun. He's just not top contender material right now.[/quote']

Yes, I was being a bit facetious. Forrest said he doesn't want to fight him and Jared is the worst. Just trying to make my point that there's nobody in that division.

I don't think Jones would outstrike A. Silva like he did Shogun. Silva is still pretty quick and has a hell of a lot more head movement and randomness in his game than Shogun. However, bones would probably take that fight to the ground and pound out silva. I don't think Silva would have much of a chance to do what he did to Sonnen to Jones, but never count out the spider. He is the best for a reason.

I've been throwing around the idea in my head for the past year of how a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva would go but after watching how he man-handled Shogun' date=' I'm not interested in seeing that now because I really believe he would throw Silva around like a rag doll and it would be much like last-nights fight. I'd rather see Jones move up and fight bigger guys like Carwin or Big Country. What do you guys think? Yes, I realize he would have to put on weight.[/quote']

If Silva were to put on weight (muscle) I'm pretty confident that he could do just fine against Jones. He would wait for him to attack and then counter, and wouldn't look to get in close or in the clinch too much with him. Silva is too masterful to be dominated by Jones, if he were to be roughly the same size as him.

Shogun had nothing going for him in this fight.

I agree that he needs to defend the belt but Machida? The last guy Shogun beat up? Unless Machida pulls off a great fight and IMPRESSIVE win against Randy' date=' I don't agree.

What about Forrest Griffin or Jared Hamman? I really think he would destroy Machida.[/quote']

Just because Shogun beat Machida, and then Jones beat Shogun, that doesn't mean anything for how Jones would fair against Machida. MMAth fails, so please don't use it.

The fact of the matter is that Jones had the perfect style to beat Shogun, just as Shogun had the perfect style to beat Machida. Even though MMA has evolved tremendously over the past 10 years, it still holds true that "Styles make fights".

Jones is only 23....years and years of fighting to go if he wants to. Most of the guys that he will defend his title against are old.....or alot older with 10+ years experience and Jones will still likely win. There will be fighters that give him a hard time im sure...but after what i saw last night...they woudl be very wise to do there homework.....lol

Im as hard core Anderson Silva nuthuggin fan as you will find....but even i think the spider would fall victim to Jones. Spider is 35....and wicked at everything...but....he is trumped by jones size and weight....cuz skill sets seems to be similar. Maybee silva is more refined and accurate...but its offset by youth and even more speed and power that jones posesses

Jones is only 23....years and years of fighting to go if he wants to. Most of the guys that he will defend his title against are old.....or alot older with 10+ years experience and Jones will still likely win. There will be fighters that give him a hard time im sure...but after what i saw last night...they woudl be very wise to do there homework.....lol

Im as hard core Anderson Silva nuthuggin fan as you will find....but even i think the spider would fall victim to Jones. Spider is 35....and wicked at everything...but....he is trumped by jones size and weight....cuz skill sets seems to be similar. Maybee silva is more refined and accurate...but its offset by youth and even more speed and power that jones posesses

It's not the speed that's the problem. It's his reach, power, strength (Yes, they're different), and intelligence. I think Anderson would do just fine, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Jones beat him. I'd just be very very sad :(

If Silva were to put on weight (muscle) I'm pretty confident that he could do just fine against Jones. He would wait for him to attack and then counter' date=' and wouldn't look to get in close or in the clinch too much with him. Silva is too masterful to be dominated by Jones, if he were to be roughly the same size as him.

Shogun had nothing going for him in this fight.

Just because Shogun beat Machida, and then Jones beat Shogun, that doesn't mean anything for how Jones would fair against Machida. MMAth fails, so please don't use it.

The fact of the matter is that Jones had the perfect style to beat Shogun, just as Shogun had the perfect style to beat Machida. Even though MMA has evolved tremendously over the past 10 years, it still holds true that "Styles make fights".[/quote']

Jones would own Machida more easily than he did Shogun, remember I said this if they ever fight.

Lol Shogun: "His Muay Thai and grappling were impressive' date=' he was better than me, he's the man"[/quote']

What did you expect him to say? Shogun would still beat most normal sized lhw's. Shogun isnt a wrestler, he needs to be able to get in range to strike. Jones is just too big for that.

What did you expect him to say? Shogun would still beat most normal sized lhw's. Shogun isnt a wrestler' date=' he needs to be able to get in range to strike. Jones is just too big for that.[/quote']

Throw that excuse out the window already.

BJ gave machida a great challenge. Shogun presented none to Jones.

At the very least he could have fought like he was a shell of what he use to be in Pride.

What did you expect him to say? Shogun would still beat most normal sized lhw's. Shogun isnt a wrestler' date=' he needs to be able to get in range to strike. Jones is just too big for that.[/quote']

It's Jones' skill as a greco roman wrestler that allows him to manhandle people. Yes his reach is a big advantage in some aspects but his larger skeleton also allows for less muscle mass, it's a trade off. His skill in grappling and his unpredictability coupled with deadly accuracy is what won him that fight, not his size.

I've been throwing around the idea in my head for the past year of how a fight between Jon Jones and Anderson Silva would go but after watching how he man-handled Shogun' date=' I'm not interested in seeing that now because I really believe he would throw Silva around like a rag doll and it would be much like last-nights fight. I'd rather see Jones move up and fight bigger guys like Carwin or Big Country. What do you guys think? Yes, I realize he would have to put on weight.[/quote']

He hasn't even defended the belt once.........and everybody is already talking about putting him up against the pound for pound best and super-fights. He is good, but he hasn't even fought Rashad yet. We will see what happens.

Archived