Sign in to follow this  
Hambo91

Was the main event hard for you to watch?

After rua being one of my heroes for such a long time, i feel broken after watching that fight

i've long since for of rua as almost invincible, watching all his fight from pride, he was my favourite fighter of all time

i could barely watch the third round :(

all credit to Jones, but it feels like mma is loosing a legend

Hopefully we'll see rua back and competitive again but he looked so disheartened after that fight

You sure you don't want to claim that Jones should be facing HWs and would get murdered by Cain? Coz you've said it about 5000 times in other threads.

Time to troll you back

You sure you don't want to claim that Jones should be facing HWs and would get murdered by Cain? Coz you've said it about 5000 times in other threads.

Time to troll you back

You're slow or something? being a D-bag is different from trolling

saying your trolling is completely the opposite of trolling

don't use words if you don't know what they mean

and i still think Cain would break jones in half, he just skilled and confident enough to fight people slightly bigger than him

It was extremely hard for me to watch, love Shogun to bits win or lose. But something the Jones fans should respect Shogun for is that he can take 1 hell of a beating.

It was extremely hard for me to watch' date=' love Shogun to bits win or lose. But something the Jones fans should respect Shogun for is that he can take 1 hell of a beating.[/quote']

Yep, shame a lot of jones fans are 11 year old keyboard warriors who will argue he's an irrelevant can who has fought no one of any stature ever.

He just came off surgery correct? He had time to recover but had to have affected his performance slightly. No excuses. I just think he'll come back strong once he's more active.

It was hard watching Mirko get knocked out again. Just to see the look on his face. Yes it was hard to see Shogun lose. Also because I remember watching that video of him and his family. The legends of the sport sometimes don't get enough credit they deserve. Shogun had no exposure to the casual fan. There was more hype behind Bones. Which is fine for the business. Just sucks Shogun didn't get the tip of the hat for his performance. He never whines about injuries or a long time away from fighting because of surgery.

Yes it was hard to watch' date=' and the sad part is I really cant see how Rua can come back and do too many things different. I was cringing at times.[/quote']

Same here, i found it so painful to watch. As soon as Jones came out with that first flying knee, i just said 'Jones has won, i'm gonna go make a sandwich'.

After rua being one of my heroes for such a long time' date=' i feel broken after watching that fight

i've long since for of rua as almost invincible, watching all his fight from pride, he was my favourite fighter of all time

i could barely watch the third round :(

all credit to Jones, but it feels like mma is loosing a legend

Hopefully we'll see rua back and competitive again but he looked so disheartened after that fight[/quote']

I feel the same, something wasnt right.

Same here' date=' i found it so painful to watch. As soon as Jones came out with that first flying knee, i just said 'Jones has won, i'm gonna go make a sandwich'.[/quote']

Lol, that was like 3 seconds into the fight. If what you say is true, you can hardly consider yourself a Shogun fan.

Also, since we're using the excuse Shogun's surgery, blah blah... Why can't we just use another legitimate fact, he's been lackluster since his first surgery before the Griffin fight and he's finished. He was a good Pride fighter, but he couldn't make the transition and was never that great in the UFC. He was 3-2 (UFC) coming into the fight against someone that was 7-1* in the same organization and division.

Jones was a 2:1 favorite for a reason. The odds makers don't just throw up betting odds to lose money.

Lol' date=' that was like 3 seconds into the fight. If what you say is true, you can hardly consider yourself a Shogun fan.

Also, since we're using the excuse Shogun's surgery, blah blah... Why can't we just use another legitimate fact, he's been lackluster since his first surgery before the Griffin fight and he's finished. He was a good Pride fighter, but he couldn't make the transition and was never that great in the UFC. He was 3-2 (UFC) coming into the fight against someone that was 7-1* in the same organization and division.

Jones was a 2:1 favorite for a reason. The odds makers don't just throw up betting odds to lose money.[/quote']

Betting is still so new in mma odds makers are accurate. lesnar was the favourite in the cain fight, Belfort was the favourite against silver, and no one is making excuses, go back to your cave

Yep' date=' shame a lot of jones fans are 11 year old keyboard warriors who will argue he's an irrelevant can who has fought no one of any stature ever.[/quote']

You sir, are just plain retarded. I am a SHOGUN FAN. You realize what happens when two fighters you follow meet? One of the wins, one of them loses. It doesn't make me not a fan. What i hate is people who call themselves MMA fans that have to make up excuses to why there fighter lost. I'm quite sad that your a shogun supporter because i thought the majority of ****bags where elsewhere.

He is still the #2 fighter in the world. I have never said he was irrelevant or a can. Stop trying to put words in my mouth because you fail.

Betting is still so new in mma odds makers are accurate. lesnar was the favourite in the cain fight' date=' Belfort was the favourite against silver, [b']and no one is making excuses, go back to your cave[/b]

Dude i can recall atleast 5 times tonight you have mentioned how it wasn't fair that Jones fights at 205 and that he should be fighting at HW. Get a clue jack@ss.

Jones was a 2:1 favorite for a reason. The odds makers don't just throw up betting odds to lose money.

The Shogun fans assumed this was a good way to make money, well I hope they lost a boatload. If you couldn't see that the younger fitter stronger guy is another MMA fighter version 2.0 then you know a lot less than you think. A lot of Shogun fans recognised the threat of Jones, but a lot of others gave him NO chance. To those people you have wonder whether they had even seen a Jones fight.

Shogun is a great fighter from another era, MMA is still fairly knew and it's moving on very quickly. But soon you will see all classes dominated by gifted natural athletes who have evolved.

Rua was just one of many icons to fall in the UFC/MMA world.

The good thing is rua is still young...and will recover from this loss....but most of his era will not or have not. It was sad seeing him take that beating...and sadder to see the look on Crocop's face as he got KTFO again....i think he will be on thin ice with the UFC....maybee even get cut.

Regardless...there is a new breed of fighters coming into the scene....and the old are slowly falling away. Franklin, Belfort, Griffon, Rua, Axe-murderer Silva, Liddell, Couture, and the list of them goes on and on...are slowly making way for the new and younger fighters..even a somewhat newbie to the UFC....Anderson Silva is in his twilight years.

There should be no surprize about what Jones did to Rua last night....While i did expect Rua to loose.... i figured he would last longer than he did....and figured he would at least beat up Jones a little...but like i said...all the icons are making way for a newer, more skilled younger fighters....like it or not...all the icons will be gone in a short time....

Lol' date=' that was like 3 seconds into the fight. If what you say is true, you can hardly consider yourself a Shogun fan.

Jones was a 2:1 favorite for a reason. The odds makers don't just throw up betting odds to lose money.[/quote']

I am a huge Shogun fan, but i think alot of us could agree that we saw what we saw happening. I said so much that i want Shogun to win, i kinda knew Jones would win, but i like Shogun that much that i still bet on him.

I am a huge Shogun fan' date=' but i think alot of us could agree that we saw what we saw happening. I said so much that i want Shogun to win, i kinda knew Jones would win, but i like Shogun that much that i still bet on him.[/quote']

Yea this. I follow both fighters and i was so nervous watching this fight.. because i didn't want either of them to lose... But deep down i new it was going to be all Jones.. He's still green in this sport and look what he's done.. give him another few years =S

Jones is just too big, Shogun should go to MW and beat up Anderson...

Still i dont see Jones being champ for long, he just had perfect style against shogun. I think Rashad can put him on his back and win it, even tho the reach will be problem for him too.

Im not a fan of either Bones or Shogun but that fight had me pasing back and forward in my living room and jumping out my seat.

I guess it was just hard to watch a legend take that much of a beating, especially when he dropped down to go for a leglock on Jones and ended up on his back i was just like "WTF DID HE DO THAT FOR!" lol

Jones is just too big' date=' Shogun should go to MW and beat up Anderson...

Still i dont see Jones being champ for long, he just had perfect style against shogun. I think Rashad can put him on his back and win it, even tho the reach will be problem for him too.[/quote']

Pmsl, there is no need for this level of sarcasm!

Im not a fan of either Bones or Shogun but that fight had me pasing back and forward in my living room and jumping out my seat.

I guess it was just hard to watch a legend take that much of a beating' date=' especially when he dropped down to go for a leglock on Jones and ended up on his back i was just like "WTF DID HE DO THAT FOR!" lol[/quote']

It was pure desperation. He new that he was being schooled on his feet, and on the ground. So he went for a sub.

It was pure desperation. He new that he was being schooled on his feet' date=' and on the ground. So he went for a sub.[/quote']

I know I was getting as frustrated as he was that he couldnt do anything lol

I know I was getting as frustrated as he was that he couldnt do anything lol

Just imagine the clinic he'd put on rampage.. sigh =/

I feel bad because i quite like a few of the contenders.. and it sucks watching people like Shogun/Rampage getting beat up...

I thought the fight was great but I don't have "a guy". I never really understood that, I like the sport and most of the fighters including Jones and Shogun. I just like watching good fighters and Jones was last night, WOW.

I guess if you are "married" to a fighter it could be hard to watch. No need to cry about it though.

It was harder watching Cro-Cop lose. Rua is only 29. He will be back. But that may have been the last time we see Mirko fight, and that is a sad day.

It was harder watching Cro-Cop lose. Rua is only 29. He will be back. But that may have been the last time we see Mirko fight' date=' and that is a sad day.[/quote']

Go watch some PRIDE fights, you'll feel a little better. He left an imprint on many a face for people to remember him :P

Wasn't hard to watch at all.

I don't dislike rua, he's a beast from pride (which I loved,) but I assumed all along this is what would happen. I think some of you guys get blinded by your admiration for a fighter to the point where you either think hes unbeatable or maybe you just wont admit the truth.

Forget the hype for a min, jones had every advantage, and not just by a slight margin. I mean 8.5" reach, I can't even remember a fight even close to that large a gap. Anything can happen, but you might wanna add some logic and stats from time to time, it sure beats fanboyism.

I'm not sure rua can beat jones, everyone has a krytonite, but I'm sure he can still mix it up with some of the other top contenders, meanwhile someone else will figure out bones weakness and capitalize.

As for Mirko, I hope hes done. It's like chuck all over again, I don't want see all the pride fighters end up that way.