Everyone is getting carried away about jones, here's why...

nusa

I'm not discounting or down playing his win at all, he destroyed shogun and props to him.

My point is people are already calling him unbeatable etc.... I recall the exact same fan fair with machida, he got found out!

Jones has massive potential but until he shows his ability to take a shot or seriously have his heart tested I think its naive to call him unbeatable.

Yeah but Machida never really ran through Shogun like Jones did. Machida was hyped, but Jones really was only hyped by MMA fans, and not so much the UFC. I think he needs to quit doing risky moves, because if he had been in there with a good wrestler and they got his back the way Shogun did, Jones would have been on the mat, and in a bad position. So he isn't unbeatable but it's going to take a hell of a gameplan, and a hell of a fighter to pull it off. I think Jones will defend the title at least one time.

Anyone calling him unbeatable is a casual mma fan at best, don't put so much stock in their opinion.

No one is unbeatable, but JJ totally dominated rua, and deserves the top spot for now. You should know the trolls are out in full force, and they're working non-stop to get under your skin, try to keep em at bay and you'll be alright.

I'm not discounting or down playing his win at all' date=' he destroyed shogun and props to him.

My point is people are already calling him unbeatable etc.... I recall the exact same fan fair with machida, he got found out!

Jones has massive potential but until he shows his ability to take a shot or seriously have his heart tested I think its naive to call him unbeatable.[/quote']

I kind of agree, saying JJ is unbeatable is kind of stupid at this point. However, comparing this to when people were saying the same thing about Machida doesn't work. JJ is a much more intelligent fighter, and a well rounded fighter than Machida. No one should have said that a fighter who refuses to utilize any boxing methods when striking is unbeatable (Machida). Machida doesn't even keep his hands up when he exchanges, because of his dedication to his style (I guess that's why). JJ also displays disciplined defense, and is probably the strongest guy in the division. I think his toughest test is coming against Rashad, because of Rashad's speed. But if he easily beats Rashad then who's next, a slow *** Rampage??? JJ is looking pretty unbeatable then...

Anyone calling him unbeatable is a casual mma fan at best' date=' don't put so much stock in their opinion.

No one is unbeatable, but JJ totally dominated rua, and deserves the top spot for now. You should know the trolls are out in full force, and they're working non-stop to get under your skin, try to keep em at bay and you'll be alright.[/quote']

jones will get beaten by an elite wrestler who will put him on his back and use heavy hands to punch his untested chin into the mat

Jones has looked incredible in every fight he's had in the UFC. It's hard to see how anyone can stop him. That said, being the champion puts a huge target on your back and I think we need to wait for him to make a few defences before we start talking about superfights or talking about the Jones era.

i agree jones could get beat ... if he goes to the heavyweight division where he belongs. i dont want to see him run through people easy.. i wan to see a hard technical fight.

what would you sooner watch

jones vs mir

jones vs lesnar

jones vs valasquez

or

jones vs rampage

jones vs rashard

jones vs macheeda

my votes with the first lot lol

Jones has that rare freak (size + strength: weight) ratio. He is an awesome fighter, but being that big, and being able to weigh in at only 205 gives him a big advantage over pretty much everyone in the division right now. Eventually other bigger fighters will be able to fight at 205, and if they come out of college wrestling, they'll give him a run for his money.

Jones is also only 23. It would not be unexpected for him to find it harder to make 205 in a few years, and have to move up to heavy weight.

I'm not discounting or down playing his win at all' date=' he destroyed shogun and props to him.

Jones has massive potential but until he shows his ability to take a shot or seriously have his heart tested I think its naive to call him unbeatable.[/quote']

Yeah man .. I see your point but I really dont see ANYBODY CAPABLE TO BEAT JONEA ATM .... and the only guy who comes along and maaaaaaaaaaybe coud do it is Lyoto The Dragon Machida !!!!

It was not long ago when everyone thought machida was the next best unbeatable p4p fighter and look what happened to him...

Until jones has his chin and heart tested I'm not totally convinced.

Yeah, but Jones just destroyed the guy who destroyed the "unbeatable" Machida.

So we are definitely at a much higher level of "unbeatable" fighter with Jones.

Besides, Machida drinks his own pee. That's just nasty.

Yeah' date=' but Jones just destroyed the guy who destroyed the "unbeatable" Machida.

So we are definitely at a much higher level of "unbeatable" fighter with Jones.

Besides, Machida drinks his own pee. That's just nasty.[/quote']

styles make fights. Machida has a lot better tdd than Shogun and when Jones does all those stupid flying punches and kicks Machida would counter strike and knock him out. Shogun was going forward all the time so it was easier to land those, but when Machida keeps his distance he will land counter strike

It was not long ago when everyone thought machida was the next best unbeatable p4p fighter and look what happened to him...

Until jones has his chin and heart tested I'm not totally convinced.

Comparing Jones to Machida is like comparing Bruce Lee to Jackie Chan

He's got all the makings of being the next A.Silva, and going on a long winning streak and title defense streak. So look out for that. Don't be surprised if he ends up never losing (minus the dq) in his career. But honestly, it's too early to tell, he's young and has a load of years to go.

Don't hold your breath waiting for someone to test it at LHW. Discount and downplay what he did all you want' date=' the fact is that Jones utterly destroyed one of the greatest fighters in MMA.[/quote']

And now Shogun haters call him one of the greatest of all time?

They sure didnt before

Yeah but Machida never really ran through Shogun like Jones did. Machida was hyped' date=' but [b']Jones really was only hyped by MMA fans, and not so much the UFC[/b]. I think he needs to quit doing risky moves, because if he had been in there with a good wrestler and they got his back the way Shogun did, Jones would have been on the mat, and in a bad position. So he isn't unbeatable but it's going to take a hell of a gameplan, and a hell of a fighter to pull it off. I think Jones will defend the title at least one time.

His own pre fight special on top of the countdown show? All over the front page for a month?

Archived