A question to ALL Shogun fans........

Indiglow

This is to all the Shogun fans, whether they are die hard Shogun fans since Pride and insisted he would win because he's faced "better" opponents than Jones and are still fans after this fight, whether they are no longer fans of his because they realize Shogun hasn't really done anything spectacularly dominating in the UFC with his 3-3 record, or whether they were just bandwagon jumpers because they didn't like Jones....

What do you think of Shogun now? Do you believe (as I believe) that he has been washed up since his Pride days and has never/will never be the same, or do you believe he hasn't lost his flame?

I dislike Jones, so I was cheering for Shogun in this fight.

I was predicting an Evans victory, so I had a bad feeling about how this fight was going to play out.

That said, I actually AM a fan of Shogun's. I like his fighting style and how he brings it.

But he's not my favourite fighter by any means.

i saw a man who came in tired, i dont know why but he was not all there, he didnt even have his usual energetic stance.

btw anyone notice how he had chances for submissions but couldnt do them....

there was the armbar that he could have finished, there were two leg locks he let slip out, and i think it was second or 3rd round when jones was in guard he almost got a triangle, he was slowly pushing jne's arm back so he could slap his leg over his neck

I dislike Jones' date=' so I was cheering for Shogun in this fight.

I was predicting an Evans victory, so I had a bad feeling about how this fight was going to play out.

That said, I actually AM a fan of Shogun's. I like his fighting style and how he brings it.

But he's not my favourite fighter by any means.[/quote']

Yeah, I would have liked to see the Rashad Shogun fight because I had Rashad winning that and it would have been nice to see all the Rashad haters get shut down once again, but now that Jones is finally in the picture, Rashad doesn't stand a chance in hell.

This is to all the Shogun fans' date=' whether they are die hard Shogun fans since Pride and insisted he would win because he's faced "better" opponents than Jones and are still fans after this fight, whether they are no longer fans of his because they realize Shogun hasn't really done anything spectacularly dominating in the UFC with his 3-3 record, or whether they were just bandwagon jumpers because they didn't like Jones....

What do you think of Shogun now? Do you believe (as I believe) that he has been washed up since his Pride days and has never/will never be the same, or do you believe he hasn't lost his flame?[/quote']

Man, Im very dissapointed at Shogun last night but a lot of that fight had to do with his injury and phisical condition IMHO. He was clearly out of shape and tired (reminded me his fight against Coleman) and he wasnt by far the Shogun who beat Machida (twice).

I truly believe Shogun will be back to the top and even cham again IF HE DOENST HAVE ANY MORE INJURY !!!!!!

i saw a man who came in tired' date=' i dont know why but he was not all there, he didnt even have his usual energetic stance.

there was the armbar that he could have finished, there were two leg locks he let slip out, and i think it was second or 3rd round when jones was in guard he almost got a triangle, he was slowly jne's arm back so he could slap his leg over his neck[/quote']

He didn't even have the armbar close. Jones was stacking him.

The first leg lock he didn't even come close, he slipped out completely.

The second leg lock slipped through as well only for him to catch the ankle/heel. There is no way he was getting a heel hook out of that as Jones defended it perfectly.

He also wasn't close to landing the triangle either. Jones was stacking him yet again and with Jones' lengthy body, Shogun's legs weren't anywhere close to closing in for a triangle.

Shogun looked like the gassed Shogun in the Griffin fight.

He's not the shogun of the pride days, there was no question about that.

Even the shogun that showed up to the second machida fight was not the shogun of the pride days.

Too many injuries, and too many lay offs in between fights. Give him a healthy body and he'd be insane, but you can't, so we're stuck with the shogun we have.

He is missing his old tenacity.

Without that, he will never be on top. He hasn't shown that tenacity since Pride. I don't think it has anything to do with injuries or whatnot. He's perfectly healthy one fight, and then the next fight he loses it's suddenly blamed on injuries. Injuries heal.

Unfortunately, Shogun's tenacity has gone missing.

This is to all the Shogun fans' date=' whether they are die hard Shogun fans since Pride and insisted he would win because he's faced "better" opponents than Jones and are still fans after this fight, whether they are no longer fans of his because they realize Shogun hasn't really done anything spectacularly dominating in the UFC with his 3-3 record, or whether they were just bandwagon jumpers because they didn't like Jones....

What do you think of Shogun now? Do you believe (as I believe) that he has been washed up since his Pride days and has never/will never be the same, or do you believe he hasn't lost his flame?[/quote']

I think a healthy Shogun still wins 9/10 times. As long as his opponents don't have mutant frames. Any normal sized (Machida, evans, Rampage...) lhw is threatened by him.

Why aren't anyone (as far as I can see) *****ing about Shogun tapping to strikes? I' date=' mean if it was GSP the forum would be all over it?

Not that I have anything against tapping to strikes, just wondering why Shogun is getting a pass....[/quote']

I really don't put that much stock into him tapping to strikes. Not fighting back and waiting for the ref to stop it is the same as tapping.

I don't think less of him for tapping.

I think your an idiot and Jones will smash ANYONE below HW and prob half the HWs.

Jones is huge an amazing wrestler and has above average striking, to make things worse he can go crazy on the feet and people cant because they know he will take them down and use that brutal GnP.

Shogun is 3-3 but he also hasnt been in the ring alot as of late, Jones had an easy warm up fight for this fight and was but in the best situation he could be in for it.

Jones will not lose in a long long long time.

Why aren't anyone (as far as I can see) *****ing about Shogun tapping to strikes? I' date=' mean if it was GSP the forum would be all over it?

Not that I have anything against tapping to strikes, just wondering why Shogun is getting a pass....[/quote']

I don't know maybe because it basically didn't matter because Herb Dean was already stopping the fight anyway and if anyone would tap in any situation it would be this one.

I think your an idiot and Jones will smash ANYONE below HW and prob half the HWs.

Jones is huge an amazing wrestler and has above average striking' date=' to make things worse he can go crazy on the feet and people cant because they know he will take them down and use that brutal GnP.

Shogun is 3-3 but he also hasnt been in the ring alot as of late, Jones had an easy warm up fight for this fight and was but in the best situation he could be in for it.

Jones will not lose in a long long long time.[/quote']

Are you special?

You think I'm an idiot because I'm NOT a Rua fan and then you go on to praise Jones?

Don't get all bent out of shape because Rua has looked bad since Pride. He's lost his tenacity and he hasn't found it since.

I am fans of Jones and Shogun, and it is obvious from his last two fights with Machida that Shogun hasn't lost his ability to dominate, I just think that last night made it that much more evident of HOW dominant Bones Jones is. Just b/c he was completely dominated by Jones doesn't mean Rua is any less of a fighter. I think that Jones would have done the same thing to ANYONE outside of anderson silva.

He'll be back. He'll be champ. Mark my words.

i think hes after surgery fights always suck so im expecting a show for his next fight ' date=' he jus wasnt there this fight he gassede in the first yet it still took jones 3 rounds to finish him says somthin ![/quote']

I don't believe that, Jones could have finished him a couple of times early and backed off. I think he done that because he believes so much in himself that he didnt wanna finish it early and have people say it was a fluke. He wanted to beat him up for a couple rounds first and then finish him to leave an exclamation point of how much better of a fighter he is.

i saw a man who came in tired' date=' i dont know why but he was not all there, he didnt even have his usual energetic stance.

there was the armbar that he could have finished, there were two leg locks he let slip out, and i think it was second or 3rd round when jones was in guard he almost got a triangle, he was slowly pushing jne's arm back so he could slap his leg over his neck[/quote']

yes, but what ur forgetting is he got rocked EARLY in the fight, so the rest of the fight he looked not all there at all. I think he was really rocked, he just has such a good chin, he didn't go out, but was very out of it.

I think he either goes down to MW and beat Anderson or he smashes few dudes in LHW and fights for the title again.

Jones style is too bad for him, but when Shogun gets the shot Jones wont be champ any more. Rashad knows all hes weaknesses and will but him on his back or Machida will stop his takedowns and counter strike his spin/jump strikes.

And then Shogun will get the title once again :)

He's not the shogun of the pride days' date=' there was no question about that.

Even the shogun that showed up to the second machida fight was not the shogun of the pride days.

Too many injuries, and too many lay offs in between fights. Give him a healthy body and he'd be insane, but you can't, so we're stuck with the shogun we have.[/quote']

I get so sick of hearing about how he isn't the shogun of old just cause he got beat. How can you say he isn't the shogun of old in 2nd Machida fight????? He came in and knocked him out early....WTF??? He is absolutely just as good a fighter as ever, he proved that in last two fights, he just simply got outclassed.....BOTTOM LINE....DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!! And by the way, I am a shogun fan, look at my sig. I am just honest with myself.

I'm a Shogun fan, always will be. I think a healthy Shogun could kill Jones. But when i saw him walk in the cage it was like he shouldnt be there. He was out of shape, had a year lay off, surgery and didnt have the energy he usually does. I dont discredit Jones but i do think if he was healthy he would have won the fight. Maybe 185lbs could be a good weight class for him. Anyway, I will be rooting for Rashad against Jones.

I'm a Shogun fan' date=' always will be. I think a healthy Shogun could kill Jones. But when i saw him walk in the cage it was like he shouldnt be there. He was out of shape, had a year lay off, surgery and didnt have the energy he usually does. I dont discredit Jones but i do think if he was healthy he would have won the fight. Maybe 185lbs could be a good weight class for him. Anyway, I will be rooting for Rashad against Jones.[/quote']

Don't forget to add that Bones was like a hundred pounds bigger. Oh, and did you by any chance happen to catch if Rua had a cracked skull? That may have had something to do with it too.

There is a member called lifell that I would really like to hear from. He talked and talked about how Jon Jones was in over his head and he was about to be made a fool of.

I mean this guy would not listen to the reasons we told him Shogun wouldn't win, and called us all idiots.

Can't wait for the reaction. I think P4P Shogun's fan's excuses are right up there with Tito's excuses. That's pretty serious.

There is a member called lifell that I would really like to hear from. He talked and talked about how Jon Jones was in over his head and he was about to be made a fool of.

I mean this guy would not listen to the reasons we told him Shogun wouldn't win' date=' and called us all idiots.

Can't wait for the reaction.[/quote']

From my experience, those people don't post anymore after their fighters lose like that unless they are regular posters and die hard fans like some of the Shogun fans you see here who are still his fans even after his loss.

I've seen Bisping/Lesnar/Shogun fans make ridiculous claims about how their fighters are unstoppable only to be proven wrong and never show up again.

In short, don't hold your breath lol :D

I don't know maybe because it basically didn't matter because Herb Dean was already stopping the fight anyway and if anyone would tap in any situation it would be this one.

yeah, I'm not saying that it had any influence to the outcome of the fight, or that I think any less of Shogun because of it. Not many fighters could take a beating like that and still carry on into the 3rd round.

But, I would say that the situation is not very far away from, for instance, GSP vs Serra I. Mccarthy stopped the fight most likely because GSP was getting his *** kicked, not because he was allegedly tapping, yet the match have become the very definition of tapping to strikes among a lot of mma-fans.

Just pointing out the double standard...

From my experience' date=' those people don't post anymore after their fighters lose like that unless they are regular posters and die hard fans like some of the Shogun fans you see here who are still his fans even after his loss.

I've seen Bisping/Lesnar/Shogun fans make ridiculous claims about how their fighters are unstoppable only to be proven wrong and never show up again.

In short, don't hold your breath lol :D[/quote']

Yea I don't think he will post here for awhile. This guy was so adamant about Shogun destroying Bones that his head might have exploded when he saw Shogun lose lol.

Luckily there are still plenty of Shogun fans on these boards making insanely weak excuses for me to laugh at. Ahh good times.

03-02-2011, 05:58 PM

Cbrooks

After I seen shogun vs coleman I have no doubt Jones will annihilate Rua

-----

Shogun looked AS gassed as coleman during that fight and coleman had almost 16 years on him

If you are blessed to have life which goes to eternity you will still be lack of knowledge WHAT IS MMA you are simply stupid and retarded.

here is your answer.

Everyone knows why Shogun lost. It's not an excuse. It's a fact easily observed. Jones targeted Shogun's knees and his breathing/cardio, therefor his game plan was to use his layoff/medical problems against him. It's not sour grapes, it's totally legit to do what Jones did, Shogun lost... I get it.But he'll be back.

Will Shogun make it back to a title shot? I think so, but maybe not. I think everyone can reasonably agree it depends upon his knees, which to me, isn't the same as Liddel/Cro Cop losing by KO time after time after time again.

SO before anyone jumps all over me...There are people saying Shogun is like Cro Cop, which is unbelievably ignorant.That Shogun should retire! There are people calling for Bones/Silva "super-fight" after 1 fight. Bones hasn't even defended his title yet. Shogun is my favorite fighter of all time, but I just don't think I'm blinded by love. I think i'm being reasonable.

i have a few things to say.

1. i was so disappointed when jones got out of the leg lock in the third round, because had he subbed him i wouldve been 100% correct on winner, finish, and round ended

2. i called Bones stifiling Shogun for the first two rounds(i just didnt know itd be that bad)

3. i will laugh ever so hard if he fails a post fight drug test.

4. Dont count on Evans vs Bones, Rashad knows his place and its not champion, my guess is 4 weeks before he declares his injury

5. Thiago Silva will be his first major threat once the investigation drops

Man' date=' Im very dissapointed at Shogun last night but a lot of that fight had to do with his injury and phisical condition IMHO. He was clearly out of shape and tired (reminded me his fight against Coleman) and he wasnt by far the Shogun who beat Machida (twice).

I truly believe Shogun will be back to the top and even cham again IF HE DOENST HAVE TO FIGHT JONES AGAIN !!!!!![/quote']

Fixed that for ya.

If you are blessed to have life which goes to eternity you will still be lack of knowledge WHAT IS MMA you are simply stupid and retarded.

here is your answer.

But yet my MMA knowledge is good enough to see things like this coming.

So if that makes me stupid/retarded then I wonder what that makes you/

Archived