The last of the PRIDE fighters has fallen

Centurion480

Oh really? Last time you checked? Hahahah thats funny cuz hes the champion HAHAHAHA

He also only fought in Pride 4 times.

Vet? LOL.

Five times actually, but yup. Other promotions around the world insist on referring to any fighter who fought in the UFC at some point as a "UFC vet". Anderson Silva fought in Pride and probably would have continued to do so had the UFC not absorbed it.

What about guys like Hendo and Overeem?

Oh' date=' you mean the champions of the soon-to-be-gone organization? The rulers of thier 5-man-division? LOL

PRIDE DIED.[/quote']

Ok then, fine. Let's look at it a different way. Pride was bought out in early 2007. How about you name me as many UFC fighters as you can that were at the top of the division in 2007 and continue to be there today.

Times change. The sport's developed and so have the fighters.

Ok then' date=' fine. Let's look at it a different way. Pride was bought out in early 2007. How about you name me as many UFC fighters as you can that were at the top of the division in 2007 and continue to be there today.

Times change. The sport's developed and so have the fighters.[/quote']

Point: Last of the Pride legacy has ceased to be relevant.

Game over K thanx for playin.

Anderson' date=' Rampage, Hendo and Overeem are the last of the pride legends. Oh yeah, and if Jones wants to compare himself to Overeem so much, let them fight, maybe a standing version of Jones vs Shogun, but with Overeem beating down Jones.[/quote']

LOL why would they fight? Thats dumb anbd it would prove nothing. Reems huge.

And is as relevant in the LHW division as my left foot.

Saying that Rampage is irrelevant to the division is essentially saying that no one in the division is relevant. He's the #3 LHW, and he is likely to get a title shot if he beats Hamill (granted, he doesn't deserve it, but he will get it).

The point Martino was making is that 2007 PRIDE fighters are basically equivalent to 2007 UFC fighters in terms of relevancy.

Yes but my point is that I dont friggin care. Go read the OP.

Irrelenavce = Pride legacy

Oh and idk whats more irrelevant, Rampage's acting career or his fighting career LOL. Seriously, hes going no where. Hes worth a few more good fights then its off to Liddell land. The land of losses and fake jobs.

Yes but my point is that I dont friggin care. Go read the OP.

Irrelenavce = Pride legacy

Oh and idk whats more irrelevant' date=' Rampage's acting career or his fighting career LOL. Seriously, hes going no where. Hes worth a few more good fights then its off to Liddell land. The land of losses and fake jobs.[/quote']

Fig%202-1%20Fortune%20teller.jpg

^ I hope your glad to be the above person....

Last of the PRIDE fighters = Officially gone. No longer significantly relevant.

Shogun

Fedor

Rampage

Cro Cop

Coleman

Nog

PRIDE died.

Commence whining.

LOL Nog UFC champ,

Rampage UFC champ,

Shogun UFC champ,

Fedor beat two UFC champs coming out of Pride,

Cro Cop and Coleman did flop after Pride but that doesnt take away from their careers.

also Henderson, Oveerem and Anderson Silva are both from Pride and are champs now.

Most PRIDE top fighters was on their prime at 2000-2005,including fedor nog and etc... Overeem.,shogun,kharitonov,rampage was young guns who was considered future of the sport. there is some unique fighters like HENDO,anderson silva,couture and etc who stayed in same form or even better even at their late 30s...

And we have kharitonov,overeem,barnet at very good forms now maybe best of their,they all from pride.

Reem,Shogun(one loss doesnt mean he's already heading to retirement,he's still 29 he will comeback...),Rampage,Anderson,Takanori Gomi(well,he will never be a champ but he will always get close),Barnett(since now his crypton Cro Cop is gone) , Sergei Kharitonov(dont underestimate this dude..)

well,i dont think that PRIDE is already dead....

Archived