Finally a fighting champion

UFCCagerattler

The best thing about Jones finally getting his title (he could have won this 3 fights ago)' date=' is that the UFC will have a fighting champ[ion at 205 again.

Jones should be able to defend 2 or 3 times a year - and it doesn't look like there will be any rematches.[/quote']

True, I have a feeling he'll end up drying up the division like GSP and Silva though.

I can see Jon Jones being forced to move up to HW. I don't think the UFC will be able to find many LHW willing to step in there with him. He's making good fighters look bad and seems to never be in danger out there. Amazing performance.

His length is the source of his strength. Incredible leverage that even the best technique can't overcome.

I can see Jon Jones being forced to move up to HW. I don't think the UFC will be able to find many LHW willing to step in there with him. He's making good fighters look bad and seems to never be in danger out there. Amazing performance.

His length is the source of his strength. Incredible leverage that even the best technique can't overcome.

Before we get all overhyped here, Jones still hasn't faced the best LHWs yet.

Machida will be a much harder fight than Rua.

There is also Henderson and Mousasi to think about and also King Mo, who would possibly be the best match up of them all.

I don;t see Rashad Evans even being a fight.

Neither do I to be honest. The only way Jones is losing to Rashad is if this being champion goes to his head, he gets lazy to train and learn and shows up thinking he'll just roll over Rashad. He needs to keep his head screwed on properly and take every opponent seriously and he'll have no problems.

Before we get all overhyped here' date=' Jones still hasn't faced the best LHWs yet.

Machida will be a much harder fight than Rua.

There is also Henderson and Mousasi to think about and also King Mo, who would possibly be the best match up of them all.[/quote']

Rua is better than all those guys, especially Machida, and Jones made Rua look like a tool.

It doesn't Matter if Shogun beat Machida - Machida is a much tougher fight for Jones.SO are Henderson and King Mo - and Mousasi.

Shogun is just the totally wrong guy for Jones.

Honestly, I see Machida/Jones ending much similar to Shogun/Jones. Machida still has to get past Couture though.

Henderson I don't see being a problem either. If Jake Shields can control him like he did, Bones will have no problem.

King Mo...really?? King Mo?

Mousasi could possibly win by picking him apart standing, but I doubt he could get close enough.

Honestly' date=' I see Machida/Jones ending much similar to Shogun/Jones. Machida still has to get past Couture though.

Henderson I don't see being a problem either. If Jake Shields can control him like he did, Bones will have no problem.

King Mo...really?? King Mo?

Mousasi could possibly win by picking him apart standing, but I doubt he could get close enough.[/quote']

dont be hating on king mo

Jones vs Evans

Jones vs Machida

Jones vs Rampage

Jones vs Griffin

that alone should keep him busy for 1 1/2 years

maybe by that time we get to see some other up and comers emerge, or some strikeforce integrations.

if these guys keep improving:

Jones vs Davis

Jones vs T.Silva

SF integration:

Jones vs Mousasi

Jones vs Hendo (may retire soon though)

Jones vs King Mo

Jones vs Cavalcante

maybe some super fights

Jones vs A.Silva @205

Jones vs Velasquez @(catchweight)220

and maybe some guys move into the division

Jones vs Belfort

Jones vs Wanderlei

Jones vs Okami

so much entertainment potential with this kid.

Archived