LHW division about to lose it's excitment???

ferzo

One of the main things i always found so interesting about the LHW division is the regular change in title holders since the Ice Man. As the division has long been considered the most exciting division in MMA, will it be replaced by more competitive divisions such as lightweight if Jones dominnates?

I know it might be premature to say jones will dominate but i really cant see anyone beating him anytime soon.

I'm not a bones fan so please, no fanboy posts.

Discuss

It's really tough to see someone beating him.

Evans - Evans is completely outclassed in every aspects of the game compared to Jones

Rampage - He wont even get close enough to lay a finger on Jones

Hamill - Same as Evans

Davis - Very athletic, good wrestler but Jones a one step ahead of him

Machida - Very interesting, but I would see a GnP session from Jones

Forrest - Similar to when he fought Andy

I could see a era of dominance but this is MMA. You cant count out anyone on any night.

Every fighter has their flaw. Even Jones, who has looked unstoppable since day one, has a flaw. It's the fact that he hasn't filled out yet physically. He is only 23, and has brothers who have similar dimensions and have played football as linebackers.

Jones will face conditioning issues each and everytime he has to cut weight. Eventually he will move to HW. I believe he has said it himself. The LHW division won't lose it's excitement because Jones can get outworked in a long grueling fight.

Jones's style is also very tiring. He isn't exactly holding his opponents down or against the cage for 3-5 rounds. He is constantly attacking and trying to finish/pass guard.

Jones = EXCITE

But its not exciting if he simply runs through his opponents. Maybe its just cus i hate the guy, but already im not even excited to watch any1 fight for the LHW belt.

I guess from now on i'll just have to watch whoever gets to the no. 2 ranking and then forget about the title fights. lol

205 has long since lost it's luster as the most elite division. When you have a 155 talent pool that rivals the depth of any two other divisions combined, or finally have a heavyweight division that has some major players in it - not to mention a budding Middleweight division. I don't know, LHW hasn't been "THE" division to pay attention to in a long time in my eyes.

205 has long since lost it's luster as the most elite division. When you have a 155 talent pool that rivals the depth of any two other divisions combined' date=' or finally have a heavyweight division that has some major players in it - not to mention a budding Middleweight division. I don't know, LHW hasn't been "THE" division to pay attention to in a long time in my eyes.[/quote']

true

A dominant champ could be the final nail in the coffin. For a while at least anyway.

Archived