Jim Miller!

cdnMMAfan15

20-2 overall, 9-1 UFC. Currently on a 7 fight win streak.Never been finished, and his only loses are to the top 2 guys in the division. he has 11 submission wins and 3 (t)ko wins. His last 2 fights were a kneebar win over Oliveira, who was regarded as one of the top prospect in the LW division, and a tko over Shalorus, who despite the fact that he is relatively unknown to most casual fans, is a beast with KO power and good wrestling. Miller is a BJJ blackbelt and a former NCAA div 1 wrestler.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Despite all of this he is constantly overlooked when people talk about the future of the LW belt. based on skill and record i personally rate Miller as #3 LW in the UFC ( Edgar and Maynard are ahead of him. Penn is currently considered a WW and while Pettis may be next in line he still doesn't have the credentials and experience of Miller)

As for his next bout i would suggest him fighting the Pettis/ Guida winner for a shot at the Edgar/Maynard winner. He has paid his dues and with a win over Pettis/Guida he would solidify that he is one of the best lightweights in the UFC.

20-2 overall' date=' 9-1 UFC. Currently on a 7 fight win streak.Never been finished, and his only loses are to the top 2 guys in the division. he has 11 submission wins and 3 (t)ko wins. His last 2 fights were a kneebar win over Oliveira, who was regarded as one of the top prospect in the LW division, and a tko over Shalorus, who despite the fact that he is relatively unknown to most casual fans, is a beast with KO power and good wrestling. Miller is a BJJ blackbelt and a former NCAA div 1 wrestler.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Despite all of this he is constantly overlooked when people talk about the future of the LW belt. based on skill and record i personally rate Miller as #3 LW in the UFC ( Edgar and Maynard are ahead of him. Penn is currently considered a WW and while Pettis may be next in line he still doesn't have the credentials and experience of Miller)

As for his next bout i would suggest him fighting the Pettis/ Guida winner for a shot at the Edgar/Maynard winner. He has paid his dues and with a win over Pettis/Guida he would solidify that he is one of the best lightweights in the UFC.[/quote']

+1

The consensus rankings agree with you. With Kenny gone' date=' he's the third highest UFC LW, and he'll likely even pass one or two non-UFC guys in this next iteration and find himself top-5 overall.[/quote']

The only non UFC fighters i have ahead of him are Alvarez and Melendez which makes him #5 overall in my opinion. But i do agree with a win or two more he should be in everyones top 5

The list of LW contenders imho goes like this

Edgar

Maynard

Pettis

Guida

Guillard

Florian

Henderson

Miller

He is nowhere close to earning a title shot imho. Espically since Shalorous did the exact same thing he always does which is punch himself out of the fight by the 2nd round

The list of LW contenders imho goes like this

Edgar

Maynard

Pettis

Guida

Guillard

Florian

Henderson

Miller

He is nowhere close to earning a title shot imho. Espically since Shalorous did the exact same thing he always does which is punch himself out of the fight by the 2nd round

pettis and henderson havent even foughtin the ufc yet and Henderson is coming off a loss. florian is now a FW guida hasn't beaten any high level guys in a while. guillard is the only one of those who could possibly be ahead of miller\

Archived