Jones will not walk through Rashad

gazan

The way I see it, Jon Jones has went up against some pretty good competitors (including former champ Shogun), but the people he's faced haven't been as fast as Rashad Evans is. I think that a reason why Jones has been so successful is that with his flashy moves and everything, he's been able to be more swift and elusive than his opponents. But Rashad Evans is known to have good stamina and be swift and quick, along with being a decent striker and of course a really good wrestler. In my opinion, this poses a problem for Jon Jones.

not even going to be close. Jones is just too big to be taken down or controlled by Rashad, and on the feet Jones will just destroy Rashad. I don't see it being close at all. This will force Rashad to move down to MW and there Rashad v Anderson Silva would be a good one to watch.

I'm not exactly sure what it is about Jones, but I don't think there's a wrestling based fighter in the UFC that can beat him. Forrest griffin would have a better time with John Jones in my opinion than Rashad would. If your toolbox is wrestling with a few additions, John will humiliate you.

I'm actually betting o Rashad to get the 'W'...I think he knows Jones inside out and will have the advantage wrestling. JJ knows this and will most likely be forced to avoid letting the fight go to the ground. He'll be wary of Rashad shooting which will make him a little more tentative to strike as wildly and aggressively as he did against Shogun. I also think Rashad is just plain smarter and will figure out a winning strategy to beat Jones based on the weaknesses he knows he has from training together for so long.

The way I see it' date=' Jon Jones has went up against some pretty good competitors (including former champ Shogun), but the people he's faced haven't been as fast as Rashad Evans is. I think that a reason why Jones has been so successful is that with his flashy moves and everything, he's been able to be more swift and elusive than his opponents. But Rashad Evans is known to have good stamina and be swift and quick, along with being a decent striker and of course a really good wrestler. In my opinion, this poses a problem for Jon Jones.[/quote']

Jon Jones will dismantle Rashad, it will be more of a one sided beating than his last fight. Rashad is scared of Jones he wanted nothing to do with him that's why he said he wouldn't fight him in the first place because he knows Jones beasted on him in training and would **** him up in a fight.

The way I see it' date=' Jon Jones has went up against some pretty good competitors (including former champ Shogun), but the people he's faced haven't been as fast as Rashad Evans is. I think that a reason why Jones has been so successful is that with his flashy moves and everything, he's been able to be more swift and elusive than his opponents. But Rashad Evans is known to have good stamina and be swift and quick, along with being a decent striker and of course a really good wrestler. In my opinion, this poses a problem for Jon Jones.[/quote']

Rashad wouldn't get near Jones with that reach

Rashards lay off... Too long.

Rashards injury... Affected Cardio.

Rashards Ring Rust... Is Real.

Rashards Training... Differant Camp.

Rashards Reach... Too Short.

Rashards Size.. Too Small.

Rashards Hand Speed... Too Slow.

Rashards Confidance... Low

Rashards Footwork... Maybe.

Rashards Movement... Maybe.

Jones for me....

All that Bones has beaten in the UFC have been double-leg wrestlers.

Then he faces quite possibly the best striker in the LHW division and not only manhandles him with his wrestling - he outstrikes him.

I'll be honest - I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Bones is the only fighter I've seen who really scares me with his talent, and I see him having very little difficulty with Evans. Evans might have better wrestling, but I don't think he can handle the sheer athleticism of Jones. Should be a great fight though

All that Bones has beaten in the UFC have been double-leg wrestlers.

Then he faces quite possibly the best striker in the LHW division and not only manhandles him with his wrestling - he outstrikes him.

I'll be honest - I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Bones is the only fighter I've seen who really scares me with his talent' date=' and I see him having very little difficulty with Evans. Evans might have better wrestling, but I don't think he can handle the sheer athleticism of Jones. Should be a great fight though[/quote']

Agree.

After Jones beat Shogun (he's still my favorite fighter, no matter what) i'm a little struck by how good he is. I don't like Jones, but i'll admit he's a great fighter. I think the only way Bones will lose is to another Next-Gen fighters.

It's like Bones is a PS3 among a bunch of PS2s.

We need a fighter at the same evolutionary level.

Archived