I Won't Belive

D33ZNUTZ

I wont believe Jon Jones is really the #1 LHW fighter in the world.

I JUST WONT DO IT

Is there any reason that he shouldn't be considered that? Not at all. But for some reason I can't handle it.

Please haters, let us all console one another.

(Thought it would be good to make a thread where everyone who's butt hurt can come together :D I'm sure there is someone around at 205 that can derail him.. please?)

First of all he has to prove it. He is talented' date=' we have to give him that. Let's give him a chance he may prove a lot of people wrong.[/quote']

Yeah I'll be honest, he's damn talented. I think I will be more accepting of the fact he is champion after a title defense or two, but something about him just makes me not want him at the top of the food chain.

I'm pretty sure he will prove me wrong though :mad:

Haters runnin' out of things to hate about him.

Oh, I'll find something..

To be honest I don't even hate Jon Jones, he's talented and respectful albiet annoyingly confident (Confidence isn't bad, filter wont let me type the word c**cky)

I just don't want him number one, hype trains are supposed to end at some point.. not just keep rolling >:(

I'm showing it 3-2 in favor of the haters

Good, good, we need all the support we can get. I mean if he really is as good as he seems, he might be on top forever. I mean It seems like Anderson has been champ for decades and he became champ when he was 31 or something.

Jones is 23 :(

See the thing i don't like about jon jones is that he is having so much success so easily, and so quickly. I mean this isn't some guy who has been training his whole life to be a pro fighter, he only has been training mixed martial arts for 3 years and all the sudden he is in the ufc dominating the best fighters around, almost purely based off of his athleticism and reach; almost like the sport of mma is a joke and anybody off the street whose more agile and athletic than most can walk in and take over, and make all these veterans look like fools, like they've been wasting their time training for years and years then this newbie comes in and makes everyone look like fools.

Which got me thinking about the chad ochocinco vs anderson silva fight, might seem pretty far-fetched right? But what if chad or any other pretty impressive proffesional athlete came waltzing into the sport of mma, trained for 2 or 3 years then kicked ***? Wouldn't that piss you off? Just kind of seems a bit degrading to mixed martial arts for me, that's all.

[\QUOTE]

Ya bones is holding onto that belt for along time, and or say he loses it, hes so young aloss will make him grow as a fighter, and be number 1 contender/ belt holder forever.

Maybe first lost(real lost) sends him to Hw...

I just think of what he would of done if he faced guys like Chuck Liddell did in his prime.

Bones would be 29-0 with chucks level on guys...maybe 1 loss (DQ)

but ya having a champ like Bones its a great Title fight whoever the challenger...unlike Gsp

Ps I like your name, i was gunning for that one but it said someone already had taken it...:mad:

Yeah, I'm thinking he will make the move to HW at some point, he is enormous at LHW and could put on muscle similar to how Allistair Overeem did and become up to par with the Carwins and Lesnars. Ofcourse lets not joke around and say Ubereem did all of that naturally :P

I was actually thinking about Jones Vs Chuck Liddell (2006-7 Chuck) and I think Chuck would dismantle him, but as it stands right now, no one has a style I can see to beat the Kid.

Oh and yeah thanks for the compliment :D Iw as looking to spell it normally but I had to get creative when I saw it was taken >:(

See the thing i don't like about jon jones is that he is having so much success so easily' date=' and so quickly. I mean this isn't some guy who has been training his whole life to be a pro fighter, he only has been training mixed martial arts for 3 years and all the sudden he is in the ufc dominating the best fighters around, almost purely based off of his athleticism and reach; almost like the sport of mma is a joke and anybody off the street whose more agile and athletic than most can walk in and take over, and make all these veterans look like fools, like they've been wasting their time training for years and years then this newbie comes in and makes everyone look like fools.

Which got me thinking about the chad ochocinco vs anderson silva fight, might seem pretty far-fetched right? But what if chad or any other pretty impressive proffesional athlete came waltzing into the sport of mma, trained for 2 or 3 years then kicked ***? Wouldn't that piss you off? Just kind of seems a bit degrading to mixed martial arts for me, that's all.[/quote']

1 Up

This.

Maybe this is what I can trace my hate too. Thank you for enlightening me, it was hard to find what exactly I disliked about him, but I feel this is a big part of it. Its just he is having tremendous success so fast and its so damn easy for him.

Completely annoying to say the least.

wrestling is a martial art, jones has been doing that a long time, so technically its not like he just walked in off the street 3 years ago without any training.

and one of the reasons why shogun didnt use kicks, id say, is because jones is a strong wrestler and shogun was afraid of being taken down.

you see it alot, good muay thai strikers will be hesitant to kick against a good wrestler.

Mr Nuts if I may?

Win Wanderlei Silva Decision (Unanimous) UFC 79 - Nemesis 12/29/2007 3 5:00

Loss Keith Jardine Decision (Split) UFC 76 - Knockout 9/22/2007 3 5:00

Loss Quinton Jackson TKO (Punches) UFC 71 - Liddell vs. Jackson 5/26/2007 1 1:53

Win Tito Ortiz TKO (Punches) UFC 66 - Liddell vs. Ortiz II 12/30/2006 3 3:59

Win Renato Sobral TKO (Punches) UFC 62 - Liddell vs. Sobral 8/26/2006 1 1:35

Win Randy Couture KO (Punch) UFC 57 - Liddell vs Couture 3 2/4/2006 2 1:28

Chuck fought 6 times 06-07 and went 2-4

I think Bones would of went 6-0' date=' but opinions sometimes stink like holes of ****[/quote']

Yerp I guess I meant 2005-6 :D you know when he was defending his title and what not heh

Archived