losing a lot of respect for rashad

Gamer_Ely

"I will never use Greg ever again," Evans wrote on Sunday. "Greg brought this situation about. He brought Jones on board a while back against my wishes [and] here we [are] today." http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=6239588

rashad is acting really obnoxious about all of this, if he had it his way Jones wouldnt be in jacksons camp and maybe wouldn't even be champion today. There's nothing wrong with training together if youre going to be fighting, if youre true friends you can get over it, but no, he's burning all these bridges for no reason.

"I will never use Greg ever again' date='" Evans wrote on Sunday. "Greg brought this situation about. He brought Jones on board a while back against my wishes [and'] here we [are] today." http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=6239588

rashad is acting really obnoxious about all of this, if he had it his way Jones wouldnt be in jacksons camp and maybe wouldn't even be champion today. There's nothing wrong with training together if youre going to be fighting, if youre true friends you can get over it, but no, he's burning all these bridges for no reason.

He's upset because he wanted the title before Jones, since he can't beat Jones himself. He also is aware that he may need to start cutting to 185 to get a belt again, something he's just been to lazy to do before.

Yeah' date=' pretty much...how do you expect one camp to train 2 competing fighters?

You should try using your head for something more than a place to shove Doritos you silly twit.[/quote']

Lots of camps have multiple fighters in the same weight class, it's good for sparring.

Also Doritoes are made with Corn and thereforeare for poor people in Mexico

So where is Rashad going to go? The only primarily wrestling team I know with no LHWs is Deathclutch. If he goes anywhere else he will deal with the same issues as Jacksons camp.

He'll stay where he already trains. Grudge in Colorado, with visits to Montreal.

2 other points even if "Deathclutch" were a team (it's actually Minesota Martial Arts Accademy) they are most definatly not the only one. Bader's new Arrigona team is all wrestlers.

i was just saying thats he's acting really shady, but as others said he'll have to go to a camp where no other lhw would challenge him for the title... which means he'll be training with sub-par fighters, there should be no animosity involved with training, but yeah expecting a coach to not train people of the same weight class is crazy

Well the thing is Rashad is being kind of a baby in a way, but I still don't blame him. At Jacksons camp guys swear an oathe not to fight each or other something like that. They had other LHW fighters even when Rashad was still fighting Jardine, Jones, and maybe more, but Rashad was always top dog until recently.

Well now Rashad is out in the cold so his only choices are to swallow his pride and fight other top contenders till Jones loses the title(like Matt Hughes did), or go somewhere else and challenge him for the belt. I think Rashad made the right choice, but he is also kind of snakey for doing it.

Yeah' date=' pretty much...how do you expect one camp to train 2 competing fighters?

You should try using your head for something more than a place to shove Doritos you silly twit.[/quote']

There is zero problem with training competing fighters. This is PROFESSIONAL fighting. I see no trouble with fighting friends let alone training with friends in the same division. After most fights even fighters how disliked each other before put their animosities aside and show each other respect. If they can do it then certainly friends can do it as well.

The problem isn't exactly the animosity, or the fact that they are friends. It it the fact that they train with each other, and know everything about each other. Maybe if they trained at diffeent camps for the title fight, but you can't erase all that training and intimate knoledge of each other.

Archived