Do not forget one tiny detail about jon jones....

nolaypray27

I would like to see them measure that reach. Ali used to be listed in the 80-82 inch range. Same as Lewis. I think Klitchko's is 80.

Difficult to believe that Jones has a real 84 inch reach.

they have measured it...84.5.....what do you think that they just made up a number?

It was almost depressing trying to see Shogun go for the flying heel hooks. To be honest, it was pretty much his only shot at getting any sort of advantage in the fight. You can sit down for months and try to put a strategy together on how to beat Jones, but if you don't take his reach into consideration, even the best strategy could be useless. I'm sure Rua had a strategy going into the fight, but for the entire length of the fight, he had to put it aside and try to figure how HOW to get around Jones' reach. No disrespect to Shogun or any of his fans, but he couldn't have done any worse, even if he had been blindfolded.

I would like to see them measure that reach. Ali used to be listed in the 80-82 inch range. Same as Lewis. I think Klitchko's is 80.

Difficult to believe that Jones has a real 84 inch reach.

I could be wrong but i believe that Lewis had an 85 inch reach.

But reach doesn't mean everything and if it does Jon better hope he never meets this man.

manute_bol_11.jpg

Archived