how did Rashad become so hated?

Epilogue1406051983

I'm still trying to figure out why... sure he's a bit ****y but no more than anyone else... surely not so much so that he deserves to get booed like he was Sonnen or Koscheck... not really a big fan of Rashad, but not really a hater either... so anyways, just curious to hear the opinions of those that hate the guy so I can get a better understanding... something I missed?

I really didn't like Rashad when he was a fighter on TUF, his showboating that Hughes called him out on. Then as a coach I really liked him how he treated his fighters and even how he treated the other teams fighters after losses. He actually cared and could sympathize with the fighters while Rampage was a complete tool.

A lot of reasons. The whole Rampage scenario, his TUF antics, his year long layoff, the way the edia portrays him as being a whiner, the way Dana White portrays him as being a whiner, etc.

I happen to like him. Like the OP said, he can be a bit ****y but I like his overall personality. I just think the way he gets portrayed kind of takes away from his popularity.

I don't know, but I sure as hell can't stand Rashad Evans wife. I have never been so heated from a woman behind an MMA fighter. When Rampage knocked Rashad down right in front of her, I wanted him to bloody him so bad so she would shut up! She is like the mma version of Vickie Guerrero.

I don't get it either. Like stated before, ahe was great as a coach on TUF, clearly cared about his team and even the fighters on the other team, unlike Rampage who just acted like a little baby the whoel season. All these guys are saying they will never fight their training partners if the opportunity arose and now Evans has actually decided to step up against his (former) training partner and everyone hates him for it? People hated on him because a LHW fighter put all the other HW's to shame when he was a fighter on TUF? Doesn't make any sense.

I really didn't like Rashad when he was a fighter on TUF' date=' his showboating that Hughes called him out on. Then as a coach I really liked him how he treated his fighters and even how he treated the other teams fighters after losses. He actually cared and could sympathize with the fighters while Rampage was a complete tool.[/quote']

This. His antics turned people off really quickly. However, he was an awesome coach and as mentioned above, he treated every fighter in the house with respect win or loss and regardless of the team.

His TUF season mostly. I can't stand the guy but I respect his skills. Other than Jones I think he is the best LHW in the world. He is good at all aspects of fighting. He only gets himself in trouble when he tries to rely to heavily on his striking and doesn't mix it up. He acts very stuck up though and I don't care for his personality.

I'm still trying to figure out why... sure he's a bit ****y but no more than anyone else... surely not so much so that he deserves to get booed like he was Sonnen or Koscheck... not really a big fan of Rashad' date=' but not really a hater either... so anyways, just curious to hear the opinions of those that hate the guy so I can get a better understanding... something I missed?[/quote']

'Hate' is such a strong word. I don't think anyone 'hates' Rashad.....

I dislike the guy immensely and think he's a douce and would like him to be the first in cage death. But I don't 'hate' him.

I'm still trying to figure out why... sure he's a bit ****y but no more than anyone else... surely not so much so that he deserves to get booed like he was Sonnen or Koscheck... not really a big fan of Rashad' date=' but not really a hater either... so anyways, just curious to hear the opinions of those that hate the guy so I can get a better understanding... something I missed?[/quote']

Some people think Rasahd faked his knee injury for an excuse to back out the fight

Archived