Anderson silva + gsp = jon jones

guti

If we were to combine silva and gsp , we will get jones. Seriously , I m not trolling here

Jones has an amazing wreslting background and he has a very unpredicted strking game. He could outstrike you like silva outstrikes his opponent , or he could take you down at will and keep you there just like gsp does to his opponents.

Not only that, but he has the reach and size of anderson silva (bigger), but at the same time he has the athleticism of gsp (may be more of an athlete than gsp).

If that was not enough he is only 23, meaning he will only get better. Now if you want to take a step further he is as charismatic as silva , as discipline as gsp and he can actually speak english well

I dont know , but i think the USA made an experiment and made the perfect fighter:D ( ok i think i m trolling a bit with these sentence)

More like (anderson silva + Gsp)/2= jones

Jones' wrestling is half as good as Gsp's and his striking is half as good as anderson's.

Im not saying hes bad im just saying its ridiculous that you are saying he is the #1 and #2 p4p put together.

Im sure he will have successful career in the ufc no doubt

More like (anderson silva + Gsp)/2= jones

Jones' wrestling is half as good as Gsp's and his striking is half as good as anderson's.

Im not saying hes bad im just saying its ridiculous that you are saying he is the #1 and #2 p4p put together.

Im sure he will have successful career in the ufc no doubt

I agree with this SOMEWHAT. I think Jones wrestling is more MMA effective than GSP's. And his striking is more unpredictable than Anderson's. That being said, he is less technical so his chances of making a crucial mistake are a lot higher.

Haha, I agree. The strikes that he was throwing were very similar to the strikes that you would see Anderson doing.

Obviously, Anderson and GSP are both better technically than Jones when it comes to striking, and obviously GSP and Jones both have a very different wrestling style, but I agree with the OP.

Well , maybe jones striking is not as good as silva and his wrestling is still not as good as silvas. But he is only 23 and his strking and wrestling is getting up there

However he is still stronger, taller , and has better reach advantage than silva or gsp. I dont see any weaknesses on jones games. A lot of people say it takes a wrestlers to beat silva and it takes an amazing striker to beat gsp. But what does it take to beat jones???

He tool shogun on the feet and he also tool shogun on the ground. I dont think gsp would be able to tool shogun on their feed and i dont think silva would be able to tool shogun on the ground....

If we were to combine silva and gsp ' date=' we will get jones. Seriously , I m not trolling here

Jones has an amazing wreslting background and he has a very unpredicted strking game. He could outstrike you like silva outstrikes his opponent , or he could take you down at will and keep you there just like gsp does to his opponents.

Not only that, but he has the reach and size of anderson silva (bigger), but at the same time he has the athleticism of gsp (may be more of an athlete than gsp).

If that was not enough he is only 23, meaning he will only get better. Now if you want to take a step further he is as charismatic as silva , as discipline as gsp and he can actually speak english well

I dont know , but i think the USA made an experiment and made the perfect fighter:D ( ok i think i m trolling a bit with these sentence)[/quote']

At irst i said Ur F'n Stupid But As I Thought He Is The Angles Match Silva And The Wrestling Matches A Gsp/Randy Couture Style But Jones Dosent Have That Head Movement That Silva Does. Beacuse IMO Silva Was A Pro Boxer For 2 Years He Has Better Spideys Than Everyone Haha

At irst i said Ur F'n Stupid But As I Thought He Is The Angles Match Silva And The Wrestling Matches A Gsp/Randy Couture Style But Jones Dosent Have That Head Movement That Silva Does. Beacuse IMO Silva Was A Pro Boxer For 2 Years He Has Better Spideys Than Everyone Haha

True, jones doesn have that head movement. But he has the unpredictable striking game as silvas.

If you watch his last fight against bader , he was actually trying the hands waves silva does, this last fight he was trying the front kick silva does as well as the flying knee. He is not a copy of silva or a copy of gsp. He is taking the best from those two and comming with his own style. He is also adding his own moves , which makes him very unpredictable on his feet and own the ground.

He has the crazy spinning elbow , the side kick. On the ground he has done a suplex, and against shogun he try a submission that i ve never seen anyone try ( right at the end of the first or second round)....

(Anderson silva + GSP) - 40% skill + 30% size + 30% reach = Jon Jones

Agree..

But the 40% is decreasing every fight. I remember that his striking was not this good when he first fought. He is now trying submissions , and he also improved his ground and pound.

Well ' date=' maybe jones striking is not as good as silva and his wrestling is still not as good as silvas. But he is only 23 and his strking and wrestling is getting up there

However he is still stronger, taller , and has better reach advantage than silva or gsp. I dont see any weaknesses on jones games. A lot of people say it takes a wrestlers to beat silva and it takes an amazing striker to beat gsp. But what does it take to beat jones???

He tool shogun on the feet and he also tool shogun on the ground. I dont think gsp would be able to tool shogun on their feed and i dont think silva would be able to tool shogun on the ground....[/quote']

A high level Jiu-Jitsu practitioner will be the guy to beat Jones, I think. What I've noticed about Jon Jones is that whenever he's on top of his opponent, he always rushes into the strikes and does not protect his arms and legs. I thought that Shogun was going to submit Jones in the 2nd round, but he was able to avoid the submission attempts. I think that when Jones loses, it will be by submission.

Jones isn't a better athlete than GSP. We never saw him perform for 5 rounds but we know for sure GSP can perform 5 full rounds perfectly without any sign of fatigue.

Jones is huge and a lot of his game relies on his reach advantage. His MMA wrestling isn't as good as GSP's. His striking isn't as good as Silva's. His head movement and foot work is nothing compared to Silvas and he isn't really that explosive to compare his athleticism to GSP's...

But... he's very good and he has his own style.. to compare him to both Silva and GSP is foolish.. he's a different fighter. Both Silva and GSP are the full package. Don't categorize them as only wrestler or striker. GSP's got the whole arsenal and so does Silva.

Archived