Lets see who said Jones had no chance

artvandelay-1

Lol, funny cause before the fight, everyone in the forum said Shogun would destroy Jones. And then after the fight, everyone starts saying "See?!!! I knew this was gonna happen!!!" LMAO!!!! Anyways, I knew Jones would win. I had my prediction spot on. I said he would finish Shogun in the 3rd round, and he did :)

Lol' date=' funny cause before the fight, everyone in the forum said Shogun would destroy Jones. And then after the fight, everyone starts saying "See?!!! I knew this was gonna happen!!!" LMAO!!!! Anyways, I knew Jones would win. I had my prediction spot on. I said he would finish Shogun in the 3rd round, and he did :)[/quote']

I have always been a Jones fan (check my posts) and I had it TKO 2mins into the 2nd.

I said Rua was going to beat him standing or submit him on the ground... :( I was wrong

Jones was right he's too god damn big' date=' strong, athletic and NEW SCHOOL for anyone right now imo.

No one has ever run over Rua and Jones just whooped his ***.[/quote']

This. As much as I like Shogun, Jones just destroyed him. Which is why Jones had better reign for a long *** time. I don't want the only man to TKO Shogun to be have 1/2/3 title defenses. Anything less than 5 title defenses and I'll be pissed at Jones.

Lol' date=' funny cause before the fight, everyone in the forum said Shogun would destroy Jones. And then after the fight, everyone starts saying "See?!!! I knew this was gonna happen!!!" LMAO!!!! Anyways, I knew Jones would win. I had my prediction spot on. I said he would finish Shogun in the 3rd round, and he did :)[/quote']

funny all I saw was people picking Jones...the 2-1 favorite to win and thinking they were some kind of prophet for doing it...everyone knew Jones had a great chance to win...he can punch Shogun from his own corner with that reach...sounds like you need alot of approval...if you picked him to win in the third round...your post is still on the forum...but you needed to make a seperate post to let everyone know how you picked the 2-1 favorite to win...and guessed the right round.....out of 5 possible choices...thats like wanting a cookie for guessing the right number when picking a number between 1-10...I think Shogun fans were a little annoyed that people were saying all kinds of negative **** about what Shogun has accomplished in the sport...which if you think about LESSENS Jones victory and says Shogun wasnt a worthy opponent

I said Rua was going to beat him standing or submit him on the ground... :( I was wrong

Jones was right he's too god damn big' date=' strong, athletic and NEW SCHOOL for anyone right now imo.

No one has ever run over Rua and Jones just whooped his ***.[/quote']

Finally, a true MMA fan and not a nut sucking queen!

Which one are you?

i said that based off performances, jones has been on fire going into the fight. but based off experience, shogun was the man.

when your dealing with what seemed to be a close fight, i felt the safe pick was shogun. although i was back and forth the whole time.

i like both fighters, both are very classy guys, both put on great fights, and both are elite. But Jones is the new breed of fighters. we see it time and time again, the old school getting pushed out from the new school. ladys and gents, time for a new generation.

but yes, i picked shogun based off experience.

well I never said Jones had no chance but I did say that I thought Shogun's experience would earn him this fight...

last time that I put any eggs in a pride basket.

The Pride guys still have it.

The problem is that they're simply being matched up with the next generation of fighters who are hungry and determined to make names for themselves. It's simply a changing of the guard, in a sense.

I'll still root for Pride fighters. But even I have to admit that their time has finally come, and for most of them, already come and gone.

I had Jones to win this fight. But i wasnt really expecting him to beat shogun in such a fashion. After the Bader fight i knew jones was the man. I didnt think i would see anyone man handle such a powerful wrestler like bader. After i seen that it was obvious he could do it to shogun if he chose to. People are saying that shogun was the safe bet through his experience but imo the safe bet was jones. Why? becasue after shoguns recent fights his performances havent all been impressive. I mean his loss to griffin and his victory of coleman were embarrassing and after knee surgery again i kind of knew shogun wouldnt be up to it.

But the way he got dominated even in the standup i wasnt expecting. I think right now the only really interesting matchup would be Jones vs Machida. I honestly dont see how rashad can defeat jones.

Archived