After watching UFC 128 Shogun would not beat Anderson...

Infamous505

FIRST OF PLEASE GO CHECK OUT MY BRUCE BUFFER ANNOUNCING MONTAGES THE LINK IS IN MY SIG

this is not meant to be disrespectful , im not trying to start a forum war or anything just a debate

Believe it or not some of the older members will remember that i did not like shogun nor did i ever cheer for him or even like him probably because of the whole Lyoto Machida fights and some will remember i used to bash him alot it was part of the whole Shogun-Machida series but i was actually hoping Shogun would KO Bones but after...

The fight i can say Anderson would beat Shogun in a fight, i think anderson will only lose to a strong wrestler like Rashad or Sonnen maybe even Okami but Bones is pretty much a anderson except he has great wrestling they both have unoradoxed striking that throws people off and they are both tall and lanky with long reaches, i think someone who has great BJJ could beat Bones but we will see.

Thoughts??

I dont think Bones will hold onto his title very long just because of the history of the LHW division he might lose to Rashad but we will see

Your guys thoughts!!

Anderson would beat the shogun that showed up last night yes.

BUT' date=' the real question is can he beat the Shogun that fought Machida?[/quote']

i think BOnes just out classed him i think bones is just that good but well see when he fights another great fighter, I think Shogun would have a hard time hitting Anderson, i really believe Shogun only won that fight because Machida didnt follow the game plan and got to close to Shogun who has KO power and u saw what happened

i think shogun didnt use kicks because he was afraid of being taken down by a wrestler.

silva is not going to wrestle shogun.

jones made shogun look like he was in wrong weight division, that would not be the case for silva vs shogun.

would be an even fight.

lol there's only One shogun i'm sick of this Shogun who showed up' date=' he had no injuries he said he was fit and he got his *** kicked he sucks deal with it![/quote']

i agree thats how you can say that Bones just outclassed him because of those reasons u listed!

i think shogun didnt use kicks because he was afraid of being taken down by a wrestler.

silva is not going to wrestle shogun.

jones made shogun look like he was in wrong weight division' date=' that would not be the case for silva vs shogun.

would be an even fight.[/quote']

Agreed but it would of helped him to slow his takedowns tho but very risky high risk low reward,

it would be a great fight anderson vs shogun but anderson would win either by Decison or TKO, SCREW GSP LET ANDERSON FIGHT SHOGUN!!!1

Who do u think he will fight next?

I honestly want to see a rematch against Griffin. It's the only blemish on his UFC record he can currently fix. Trying to avenge that loss to Bones is probably an impossible task for Shogun.

So yeah, either Griffin or the winner of Lil Nog/Davis. We'd either get a rematch against Lil Nog or we'd get to see if Davis has what it takes to make it in the top 5 of the division.

I honestly want to see a rematch against Griffin. It's the only blemish on his UFC record he can currently fix. Trying to avenge that loss to Bones is probably an impossible task for Shogun.

So yeah' date=' either Griffin or the winner of Lil Nog/Davis. We'd either get a rematch against Lil Nog or we'd get to see if Davis has what it takes to make it in the top 5 of the division.[/quote']

i like both of those match ups how about Tito vs Shogun?

i like both of those match ups how about Tito vs Shogun?

Would depend on what gameplan Tito might try to utilize.

If Tito would go into this fight and try striking with Shogun, I'd pass on that. However, I do believe that if Tito came in with the intention of taking Shogun down and trying to beat him on the ground, it would be a perfect opportunity to see how Shogun's ground game has been improving. So I might not mind that matchup.

Would depend on what gameplan Tito might try to utilize.

If Tito would go into this fight and try striking with Shogun' date=' I'd pass on that. However, I do believe that if Tito came in with the intention of taking Shogun down and trying to beat him on the ground, it would be a perfect opportunity to see how Shogun's ground game has been improving. So I might not mind that matchup.[/quote']

ya i think it would be interesting but i wanna see lil nog vs shogun 2 that would be legit that rematch the first fight was amazying

Truth is, shogun, anderson, and machida are all on the same level. anyone can beat or lose to each other at anytime. they are all great fighters and very closely matched.

Truth is, Jones would murder anderson and machida just like with shogun.

Every few years we are lucky enough to get a new prodigy. Accept it, don't deny the truth.

Anderson would beat the shogun that showed up last night yes.

BUT' date=' the real question is can he beat the Shogun that fought Machida?[/quote']

you guys are kiling me with your denial. The shogun that showed up saturday was the best Shogun ever. He said it himself, he said he was sharper than ever and that for the first time in years he was completely healthy.

The reason why he looked like a shell of his former self is because Jones broke him both physicaly and mentally. He shocked him when he showed total disrespect for his striking by going wild without hesitation in the first seconds, and then when he got the takedown easily.. he cut Shogun's breath when he elbowed him in the liver and finished the job of basically eating his heart alive when he kneed him to the body and kicked his face when he was standing back. Shogun had lost mentally after the first round.

Of course Shogun looked less dominant than he looked against Machida : he got owned. You never look as good in a fight you're losing than in a fight you're winning.. duh? And that has nothing to do with the fact that you're being ****** this specific night. It's because the opponent is better. Exactly like Silva makes everyone who fights him look like amateurs and why people think the MW division is weak now... cuz they all looked foolish against him..

don't get fooled. The real Shogun showed up, and it wasn't enough.

you guys are kiling me with your denial. The shogun that showed up saturday was the best Shogun ever. He said it himself' date=' he said he was sharper than ever and that for the first time in years he was completely healthy.

The reason why he looked like a shell of his former self is because Jones broke him both physicaly and mentally. He shocked him when he showed total disrespect for his striking by going wild without hesitation in the first seconds, and then when he got the takedown easily.. he cut Shogun's breath when he elbowed him in the liver and finished the job of basically eating his heart alive when he kneed him to the body and kicked his face when he was standing back. Shogun had lost mentally after the first round.

Of course Shogun looked less dominant than he looked against Machida : he got owned. You never look as good in a fight you're losing than in a fight you're winning.. duh? And that has nothing to do with the fact that you're being ****** this specific night. It's because the opponent is better. Exactly like Silva makes everyone who fights him look like amateurs and why people think the MW division is weak now... cuz they all looked foolish against him..

don't get fooled. The real Shogun showed up, and it wasn't enough.[/quote']

Look at Shogun's past. Every time he comes off a long layoff/injury, he has a bad performance.

Before you jump to conclusions, wait to see how Shogun performs in his next fight. If it's anything like before, Shogun will look much better then he did last night.

Rua will not have to worry about getting taken down against Silva. He would throw hard leg kicks and Anderson's aging *** would crumble. Honestly for not only Shogun but Evans and Machida should both drop to 185 considering the champion is aging out.

I know it may be hard for die hard Anderson fans to grasp but name a champion past 36 besides Couture who captured belts. Even light heavy was thin in the UFC when Couture was champ. Randy will never hold a belt again and no one over the age of 35 will either... once Anderson either loses or retires.

People think Randy is some athletic genetic freak... he started his MMA career at age 34! He has 29 fights over 14 years! LOL Melvin Guillard and Joe Stevenson are like 28 with twice as many fights and Joe has been fighting since he was 16. There's a reason he's on a decline at lightweight and that because he's been in too many wars in a shark tank division.

Anderson will age out.... sorry guys

Archived