The ONE fight you WANT to see?!

slimchin

with the recent buyout of strikeforce ..what is the one matchup you would want to see between both promotions?...yeah i know it will be some time where this will happen but when it does what is the one fight you will be looking forward to the most....personally mine is the obvious in Alistair vs Cain....but some other matchups like melendez vs frankie, anderson vs jacare, hendo vs ??, fedor vs ??, diaz vs gsp.......so many great matchups that could happen........which one do u want to see the most???

Top 5

Overeem vs Cain

Fedor vs Couture

Big Foot vs JDS

Gegard Mousasi vs Bones

Ronaldo Souza vs Demian Maia

all great matchups.....fedor vs couture would be amazing....jacare vs maia could be some of the best bjj in a fight we have ever seen or a horribly boring boxing matchup of some mediocre kickboxers, but i would still love to see that fight

lol do you srsly want to see overeem fight on the ufc? i see him ending up like the pride boys(but ofcourse chael is an exception the guy should have his own organization)

overeem would beat cain standing up....if it goes to the ground its all cain...but overeem has some of the best striking in the HW division why would u NOT want to see him in the UFC...even if he doesnt win the title...compared to some of the UFC HW's right now u wopuld be insane to not wanna see this guy in the UFc or just big time hater

I can hardly pick 5 let alone 1.

Cain vs JDS

JDS vs Overeem

BJ Penn vs Thiago Alves

Anthony Pettis vs Eddie Alvarez

GSP vs Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones

Gegard Mousasi vs Anderson Silva

Dan Henderson vs Jon Jones

mousassi vs silva would be insane.....man i could imagine the striking exchanges but still andy pulling out the KO....

overeem would beat cain standing up....if it goes to the ground its all cain...but overeem has some of the best striking in the HW division why would u NOT want to see him in the UFC...even if he doesnt win the title...compared to some of the UFC HW's right now u wopuld be insane to not wanna see this guy in the UFc or just big time hater

lol are you drunk? beat cain standing up? get out of here. i think even struve can beat overeem via critical punch while getting beat up.

lol are you drunk? beat cain standing up? get out of here. i think even struve can beat via critical punch while getting beat up.

drunk naw ...buzzed yes....but that doesnt matter ur crazy if u think struve can beat alistair standing....struve got rocked by buentello standing whats gonna happen when a top K1 level guy hits him....

Probably Maia vs. Jacare

yeah that fight sounds on paper like one of the best bjj fights ever.....as long as they dont turn the fight into an extremely mediocre kickboxing match...we could see some of the best grappling we have ever seen...but who do u think would win??? i think jacare could take this fight standing or on the ground.....

yeah that fight sounds on paper like one of the best bjj fights ever.....as long as they dont turn the fight into an extremely mediocre kickboxing match...we could see some of the best grappling we have ever seen...but who do u think would win??? i think jacare could take this fight standing or on the ground.....

Mmm I actually think Maia would take it.

I feel he's transitioned better into MMA than Jacare. While Souza will probably always have the athletic advantage over Maia you'll notice that in his last few fights although his stand-up has improved slightly it's still nowhere near technically sound. On the other hand I've felt that Maia has improved greatly and could even outstrike (in terms of technical ability and not power) someone like Mark Munoz. On the ground it's a complete toss-up.

But yeah just my two cents.

Maia by decision.

Mmm I actually think Maia would take it.

I feel he's transitioned better into MMA than Jacare. While Souza will probably always have the athletic advantage over Maia you'll notice that in his last few fights although his stand-up has improved slightly it's still nowhere near technically sound. On the other hand I've felt that Maia has improved greatly and could even outstrike (in terms of technical ability and not power) someone like Mark Munoz. On the ground it's a complete toss-up.

But yeah just my two cents.

Maia by decision.

man just thinking about this i wanna see this fight even more.....i hope this buyout doesnt hold back strikeforce from trying to put a fight on between melendez and alvarez..but u know they wont co promote with bellator ....alvarez is def. the best fighter outside of both of these orgs and could see him wiping out both organizations 155 divisions.....

man just thinking about this i wanna see this fight even more.....i hope this buyout doesnt hold back strikeforce from trying to put a fight on between melendez and alvarez..but u know they wont co promote with bellator ....alvarez is def. the best fighter outside of both of these orgs and could see him wiping out both organizations 155 divisions.....

Lol yeah the whole co-promotion situation is gonna definitely be weird.

With Sengoku out of the picture and DREAM basically floundering (if not gone) Bellator can't really "import" fighters anymore. Will be interesting to see if Zuffa will allow Coker to keep the ability to co-promote.

Lol yeah the whole co-promotion situation is gonna definitely be weird.

With Sengoku out of the picture and DREAM basically floundering (if not gone) Bellator can't really "import" fighters anymore. Will be interesting to see if Zuffa will allow Coker to keep the ability to co-promote.

yeah this whole "business as usall" saying is getting really annoying...we all know its only a matter of time till a merger happens....and we def. know that zuffa is callin the shots....man i just wanna see alvarez fight in either org......but as of right now dont think it will happen anytime soon....sh*t edgar already knows he would lose this fight as he has stated in interviews that eddie beats him up in training

yeah this whole "business as usall" saying is getting really annoying...we all know its only a matter of time till a merger happens....and we def. know that zuffa is callin the shots....man i just wanna see alvarez fight in either org......but as of right now dont think it will happen anytime soon....sh*t edgar already knows he would lose this fight as he has stated in interviews that eddie beats him up in training

Lol yeah, would be great to watch Eddie kill some LWs in the UFC.

Ehh I'm kind of impartial to his situation though seeing as he's the golden boy of Bellator. Unless the UFC decides to pick them up I doubt he's ever gonna go anywhere and this buyout crushed any hope of me seeing him fight top 10 competition lol

Lol yeah' date=' would be great to watch Eddie kill some LWs in the UFC.

Ehh I'm kind of impartial to his situation though seeing as he's the golden boy of Bellator. Unless the UFC decides to pick them up I doubt he's ever gonna go anywhere and this buyout crushed any hope of me seeing him fight top 10 competition lol[/quote']

yeah its never gonna happen...damn.....but i still cant wait till these fights between ufc and strikeforce happen....its so obvious that theyre gonna merger...it may be a year or two...but for anyone who doesnt see it just watch the interviews...everytime they ask dana about the future he says they are gonna honor the showtime contract.,...meaning when thats over its merger time....obviously...

yeah its never gonna happen...damn.....but i still cant wait till these fights between ufc and strikeforce happen....its so obvious that theyre gonna merger...it may be a year or two...but for anyone who doesnt see it just watch the interviews...everytime they ask dana about the future he says they are gonna honor the showtime contract.' date='...meaning when thats over its merger time....obviously...[/quote']

Lol yeah.

Get to finally see matches people are dreaming of.

I don't see how people see any negatives in this deal, in my opinion it's just taking a very natural route and is being very Darwinian. Survival of the fittest - of course it'd suck to be a fighter on the bubble but it's just how the fight world should be.

Anderson Silva - Jon Jones

yeah i dont think we will ever see this fight....although anderson can step up to 205 i highly doubt this will happen....bones is so dominant and i think we r gonna see a guy who rules his division anderson silva style....theres just no one at 205 who can beat this guy right now....andy could def outsrike him but he knows if he gets taken down hes gonna have a beast on top of him.....honestly andy is really the only guy i could see beating him right now...but that fight wont happen ever probly.....

Lol yeah.

Get to finally see matches people are dreaming of.

I don't see how people see any negatives in this deal' date=' in my opinion it's just taking a very natural route and is being very Darwinian. Survival of the fittest - of course it'd suck to be a fighter on the bubble but it's just how the fight world should be.[/quote']

exactly...only the strong survive...and besides between both companies there is over 300 fighters....so every fighter better give everything they got everytime they fight......and we better get more events...

exactly...only the strong survive...and besides between both companies there is over 300 fighters....so every fighter better give everything they got everytime they fight......and we better get more events...

Amen to that.

More free events would be perfect lol

Amen to that.

More free events would be perfect lol

for sure....but cmon i mean penn vs fitch....who wants to see that.....penn vs melendez...ahhhhhhhh sh*t id pay 55 bucks for that instead of a 2nd fight that is gonna be the exact same the 2nd time....

Archived