Jones has yet to face an elite striker..

Shady_Champ

lol Shady you're trolling is weak considering anyone with a history in MMA remembers Rua knocking Machida and Rampage out.

Basically Jones has yet to face an elite BJJ fighrer at light heavy BUT Rua has very good BJJ and great sweeps so Jones has proved himself to me.

Rashad was ****ed regardless of who walked away with the belt both men would/will knock him out.

lol Shady you're trolling is weak considering anyone with a history in MMA remembers Rua knocking Machida and Rampage out.

Basically Jones has yet to face an elite BJJ fighrer at light heavy BUT Rua has very good BJJ and great sweeps so Jones has proved himself to me.

Rashad was ****ed regardless of who walked away with the belt both men would/will knock him out.

Shogun's striking was weak on saturday. Didn't even look like a striker if you can't admit that then you're delusional.

And don't try using MMA math to say Jones would beat Rampage.

Shogun's striking was weak on saturday. Didn't even look like a striker if you can't admit that then you're delusional.

And don't try using MMA math to say Jones would beat Rampage.

I'm not and I will admit Rua looked like ****. He was slow and gassed after a single round... what else do I need to admit besides pointing out he can't stay healthy?!

Rampages only shot is to knock him out early because Jones would just throw him around.

I usually agree with you man but not here, what makes you think Jones will treat Machida any differently. He hasn't been put in a bad position because he's just that good. He throws Div 1 wrestlers around like theyre schoolkids.

I'll sig bet you now because i think Machida will beat Couture and get a title shot at Jones after he rapes Rashad.

I'm not and I will admit Rua looked like ****. He was slow and gassed after a single round... what else do I need to admit besides pointing out he can't stay healthy?!

Rampages only shot is to knock him out because Jones would just throw him around.

First, no LHW can throw Rampage around if anything rampage will be doing the throwing/slamming

Second, your right rampage's only shot is KOing him(very likely), what else is he going to do, sub him haha

Machida will face Rampage for the title shot after Couture. I don't see either fighter waiting and fighting the winner for that long. Plus Machida is coming off 2 straight losses. If anything Rampage would be next in line and Rua fights Machida in the trilogy. But there's no clear cut 1 and 2 in line.

First' date=' no LHW can throw Rampage around if anything rampage will be doing the throwing/slamming

Second, your right rampage's only shot is KOing him(very likely), what else is he going to do, sub him haha[/quote']

Have you seen the size of Bader? Also a Div 1 Wrestler and he got tooled. Greco wrestling is the best wrestling for MMA as its top body wrestling, instead of going for leg takedowns. You use your leverage in Greco and Jones sure has leverage.

Machia will pick him apart.

He is the worst possible matchup for lol boy bones...

Lyoto via whatever he wants.

FACT.

Prove it otherwise fanboys...

Lyoto would have a really really really hard time hitting Jones. His strategy of skirting outside of range wouldn't work well, because it's too hard to be outside of Jones range. Jones would take him down and finish I think.

I think Rampage poses a bigger threat to Jones. He'd be stronger and harder to take down, and equally, if not more, dangerous in terms of knockout potential.

Have you seen the size of Bader? Also a Div 1 Wrestler and he got tooled. Greco wrestling is the best wrestling for MMA as its top body wrestling' date=' instead of going for leg takedowns. You use your leverage in Greco and Jones sure has leverage.[/quote']

Bader is big but not the size / Strength of Page or Thiago..... I want to see him try to man handle one of those guys.

Machia will pick him apart.

He is the worst possible matchup for lol boy bones...

Lyoto via whatever he wants.

FACT.

Prove it otherwise fanboys...

This. And Shogun is elite striker... He beat Machida and Rampage at striking.

But Shogun is allways going forward and it was easier for Jones to land those jump/spin strikes. Machida would keep distance and counter strike, and Machida has better TDD so Machida is bad matchup for Jones

well considering being 6'4 with an 84 inch reach,that means that whoever jones fights will have to get in close to jones,which isnt easy to do,especially when he will hit you before you even get close to hitting him...shogun couldnt get close enough to hit jones,and when he did jones ended up hitting shogun...as for rampage,he has a hard head,but only a 'big right hand' chance of winning,and machida wont be able to run far,jones will cut him off and attack like shogun did to machida

jones is good because of his wrestling, and he can strike

you need to out strike him and out wrestle him

you out wrestle him by not letting him take you down. or you take him down

out striking is simple, strike him more times.

any possible match ups need to be good strikers and good wrestlers, or they will lose. unless they get a lucky get knock out or submission.

an elite striker will always lose to him because they will be to hesitant to strike , afraid of being taken down

shogun is an elite striker and look hesitant

the way to beat him is to out wrestle him.

lets us see cain go on a diet :D

rashad has a good chance, if he can out wrestle him, he can shut down alot of jones attack

Put him in with Machida' date=' Rampage and dare I say Silva and lets see what happens.

And before you call Shogun an elite striker.. Well you saw what happened

BTW I like Jones.[/quote']

Shogun is an elite striker :D

Shogun got owned because he made a mistake of thinking Jones was like rashad.

Id love to see Jones fight those guys mentioned. Jones hasnt really fought top compeition prior to the shogun fight, and as we've seen shogun isnt usually himself after knee surgeries (then agian who in any sport is)

Jones has some questions to answer before we can say how great he is, but so far hes looked as good as you can look. I want to see how far he can take this.

Saved me some time.

I like how people say Shogun is gonna tear Jones up but after Jones takes him to school everybody selects a new fighter that they say is greater than shogun that will beat Jones. If they are so much better than Shogun, Why weren't they defending against Jones then? After Machida & Rampage gets beat by Jones, who's your next fighter that you can say " well Jones can't beat him" ?

I think the fighter with the biggest chance of beating bones woould be Rampage. Rashad wont out wrestle him and definantly wont outstrike him. Machida couldnt counter strike him, well, Im not so sure about that. Originally I was thinking because of reach and unorthodox striking, but the way Jones strikes isnt a secret, machida COULD train to counter strike Bones' style. I still think Bones is too fast and unpredictable.

Page would have to get in the pocket, eat and elbow or two, and overhand right jones' face through the mat. I guess what I mean is, throw caution to the wind and brawl.

Jon will be champ for a while.

Put him in with Machida' date=' Rampage and dare I say Silva and lets see what happens.

lol,shogun is not an elite striker?i would say machida will get KOED same with rampage,both of your so called elite striker was KOED by shogun,a healthy and 100% shogun.:D

I like how people say Shogun is gonna tear Jones up but after Jones takes him to school everybody selects a new fighter that they say is greater than shogun that will beat Jones. If they are so much better than Shogun' date=' Why weren't they defending against Jones then? After Machida & Rampage gets beat by Jones, who's your next fighter that you can say " well Jones can't beat him" ?[/quote']

Ortiz.

Rampage only boxes and isn't quick on closing the distance. Jones could keep him at the end of his jab all day.

Machida doesn't commit enought to his strikes to stop Jones and eventually he'd get caught with something and dropped.

A Silva is the only standing test

Well Rashad's game plan has to be to take him down and keep him there for 5 rounds. Standing up with Jones could be dangerous as he is so unorthadox and quick. Not to mention Rashad's chin is always an issue.

Rampage is too slow for Jones. He would pick him apart.

Machida is one of those guys that could give Jones a good fight because he is also unorthadox as far as the usual crop of fighters go.

Machida has a chance.

Rampage NO.

Silva will never fight Jon Jones he is to clever.

BUT

Jones is probably interesting for Vitor Belfort to move in LHW.

Also Rashad could give us some aspect how to fight agains Jones.

However I see Shogun fighting for his title agains Jones one more time and he will have something new to say.

Machida has a chance.

Rampage NO.

Silva will never fight Jon Jones he is to clever.

BUT

Jones is probably interesting for Vitor Belfort to move in LHW.

Also Rashad could give us some aspect how to fight agains Jones.

However I see Shogun fighting for his title agains Jones one more time and he will have something new to say.

If GSP waffles on fighting Silva... after having him benched on his complex decision. I absolutely want Silva VS JBJ... just one super fight... it's been long enough.. before Spider before he loses lubrication in his joints and speed/agility really starts going down hill.

I think Lyoto would have a very good chance beating Jones.

His takedown defence is phenomenal and his speed is probably the best in the division, not only his striking speed, but his overall movement is very quick and very unpredictable. His timing is spot on most of the time and he can strike from all angles which makes him a tricky opponent for anyone. Because of his stance and fighting distance, you need to be very lucky to be able to make contact with his chin with a spinning elbow!

I think Dana White would do us all a big favour and put Jones - Machida fight together after Jones has beaten Rashad Evans, which I'm sure will happen.

I don't like Jones because of his attitude. He lacks respect and humility. He was signing autographs prior to the fight as the champion and before the fight he was reluctant to touch gloves with Rua. Also, after the fight he did not acknowledge his opponent which shows arrogance. It's good to be confident and you need it to win fights but arrogance does not belong in martial arts. But I guess some of these young fighters need to learn humility and respect the hard way. Obviously Jesus doesn't care about those traits but clearly just works his magic to give Jones strength to beat the C**P out of other children of God. Hallejujah! :rolleyes:

I like how people say Shogun is gonna tear Jones up but after Jones takes him to school everybody selects a new fighter that they say is greater than shogun that will beat Jones. If they are so much better than Shogun' date=' Why weren't they defending against Jones then? After Machida & Rampage gets beat by Jones, who's your next fighter that you can say " well Jones can't beat him" ?[/quote']

This ^

People really think Lyoto will beat Jones? That's humorous. And this is coming from one of the biggest Lyoto fans on this forum.

Stylistically Lyoto will put up a better fight than most others at LHW. His speed won't matter and neither will his countering. His lean back tactic won't do **** against 84.5 inches. Jones will plant him and smash him the same way he did to Shogun.

Archived