Who deserves the next LW title shot?

Technique

I think Jim Miller flies under the radar. This guy is a beast and showed he has some striking skills to match his sick ground game.

He's a respectful, quiet unassuming guy that just goes out and performs. White said you need people to be clamoring for you to fight for the title and I think it's about time we show Miller the support he deserves and has worked for.

Jim Miller Title shot 2011!!!

Poll coming.

I think Jim Miller flies under the radar. This guy is a beast and showed he has some striking skills to match his sick ground game.

He's a respectful' date=' quiet unassuming guy that just goes out and performs. White said you need people to be clamoring for you to fight for the title and I think it's about time we show Miller the support he deserves and has worked for.

Jim Miller Title shot 2011!!!

Poll coming.[/quote']

winner of bocek vs henderson vs Jim miller

LW division is having a road block for the title shot because of so many dam immediate rematches. Frankie/Gray3' date=' then winner of guida/pettis, THEN Jim Miller. But better pray Jim doesn't lose in the time between those title fights[/quote']

Yeah what's tough is Jim Miller will take on anybody and will most likely ask to stay active. I forsee him having one more fight and if he wins that then there is absolutely no question this guy should be fighting for the title.

Yeah what's tough is Jim Miller will take on anybody and will most likely ask to stay active. I forsee him having one more fight and if he wins that then there is absolutely no question this guy should be fighting for the title.

But that ruins a potential contender. Like chances of putting him vs someone like Melvin Guillard (who is marketable AND a THREAT to anyone) sets Melvin way back if he loses

But that ruins a potential contender. Like chances of putting him vs someone like Melvin Guillard (who is marketable AND a THREAT to anyone) sets Melvin way back if he loses

Not necessarily a bad thing. They need to start cleaning up the division a bit and establish a clear hierarchy. I wouldn't want them to match up Jim and Melvin unless it was for the title maybe for a #1 contenders match, but I would like to see both of them fight for the title.

I don't know what they will do but I don't think the UFC will spoil the runs these two are on. But then again they spoiled Bader's run by tossing him to Jon Jones.

Pettis/Guida winner' date=' cos if it wasn't for the instant rematch BS pettis would be fighting for the title at 130[/quote']

Yeah, and I want to see Pettis fight for the title as much as anyone else, I just think that Miller may be more deserving.

I think Dana will honor his promise to Pettis though, especially if he wins in impressive fashion. Guida is a tough out for anybody, going to be a tough fight. Plus it was impressive for Pettis to accept this fight, especially considering the opportunity.

If Guida wins I see Miller getting the first crack, at least he should IMO.

I actually think they should do a big tournament for the title. not a one tourny but a long one over a period of time.

who should participate in such a tournhy?

Sometimes It seems like the UFC does this without being tied down to a bracket. Usually, they get the most deserving contender, but not always. Sadly the UFC can't always be about competition, because it's a business first.

Pettis/Guida winner' date=' cos if it wasn't for the instant rematch BS pettis would be fighting for the title at 130[/quote']

The only thing I see wrong with that is Dana said if Pettis wins, he gets a title shot, but if Guida won, he wouldn't know what to do with Guida. Even if Guida did manage to beat Pettis, I think Dana would still consider Miller more deserving of a title shot than Guida.

I actually think they should do a big tournament for the title. not a one tourny but a long one over a period of time.

who should participate in such a tournhy?

8 man tourney is easiest

frankie

gray

pettis

el nino (assuming his contract is up)

miller

melvin

bocek/henderson winner

wiman maybe?

Not necessarily a bad thing. They need to start cleaning up the division a bit and establish a clear hierarchy. I wouldn't want them to match up Jim and Melvin unless it was for the title maybe for a #1 contenders match' date=' but I would like to see both of them fight for the title.

I don't know what they will do but I don't think the UFC will spoil the runs these two are on. But then again they spoiled Bader's run by tossing him to Jon Jones.[/quote']

The UFC NEVER follows the problem ranking of who is number #1 (frankie > gray for the title??? )

But this is why I love the LW division. So many great contenders and possible champs.

winner of bocek vs henderson vs Jim miller

I dont know about this. Miller has already defeated Bocek not too long ago at UFC 111. And Henderson would only be on a 1 fight win streak. Miller is 9-1 in the UFC with only loss being a decision loss to Maynard 2 years ago.

Lets do this UFC get Miller in there for the title.

I dont know about this. Miller has already defeated Bocek not too long ago at UFC 111. And Henderson would only be on a 1 fight win streak. Miller is 9-1 in the UFC with only loss being a decision loss to Maynard 2 years ago.

Lets do this UFC get Miller in there for the title.

didn't miller lose to Frankie too?

didn't miller lose to Frankie too?

Yeah but not in the UFC. This was early in both of their respective careers 2006 for a title in a smaller organization.

This too was a decision. Miller said he's had trouble against strong wrestles in the past, so I was nervous for him coming into this fight. Thing is though Shalarous never really uses his wrestling offensively. Still would like to see if Miller has improved, which I suspect he has.

It's way too early to even be considering this fight' date=' but I'd love to see Pettis/Guillard. That fight would be intense as hell.[/quote']

Would be crazy. I think Pettis has a good shot against Guida, but Guillard I think would be a tough match-up for him.

Looks like the poll is favoring Pettis/Guida, which I expected. Really I wouldn't care who get's the next title shot, just feel that Miller deserves some recognition for the work he has put in. Dude is an animal.

Dana said if Pettis wins he gets the shot, if Guida wins, he'll still have to fight one more guy, I say have that guy be Jim Miller for #1 contender.

If Pettis wins and gets the shot, I say that Miller should still be fighting for #1 spot, and I think the winner of Guillard / Roller should be considered.

Archived