Jesus and the UFC...

dimension33

Now I am not trying to start any religious debate here...and I care more about what kind of person someone is than I do what name(if any) they call God...but has anyone else besides myself here ever had the hilarious thought of how many fighters are Christians and pray and believe Jesus helps them knock people unconscious...destroy people, choke them unconscious, end careers and hurt them in the most violent way possible?? I mean I dont think Jesus(unless your talking about Family Guy Jesus) would be at a UFC event or support hurting others for money...when Jones won and he thanked above all Jesus( or when any fighter does it)...I honestly always chuckle a little bit...am i alone?? probably

lmao i always laugh at the same thing, althought if your catholic jesus' 1/3 piece which is god is kinda mean and has actually helped entire cities get destroyed so i mean, who knows... and it has been like 2000 years since his death, hes probably made a complete 180degre change and is in the crowd chugging beers cheering onn the fighters who worship him lol

i think they mean helping them realise their goals and helped them work hard and act responsibly.

sends a good message.

i think thats what they are really trying to say

the stuff that helps them get to the cage. is what they try and put across.

i dont think they think god actually help them in the fight.

i think they mean helping them realise their goals and helped them work hard and act responsibly.

sends a good message.

I see so God does everything he can to make sure they are healthy...to go and hurt someone else...

sends a good message.

i doubt jesus has anything to do with them entering the cage and destroying ppl, he should turn the cheek or something like, religious ppl are just too funny

Now I am not trying to start any religious debate here...and I care more about what kind of person someone is than I do what name(if any) they call God...but has anyone else besides myself here ever had the hilarious thought of how many fighters are Christians and pray and believe Jesus helps them knock people unconscious...destroy people' date=' choke them unconscious, end careers and hurt them in the most violent way possible?? I mean I dont think Jesus(unless your talking about Family Guy Jesus) would be at a UFC event or support hurting others for money...when Jones won and he thanked above all Jesus( or when any fighter does it)...I honestly always chuckle a little bit...am i alone?? probably[/quote']

People are brainwashed from childhood, especially Brazillians (hardcore Catholic). It's really all about that. I would guess Cro Cop is an atheist.

Religosity and IQ have an inverse relationship. The average IQ of a UFC fighters isn't very high, not really needed. Anderson Silva and GSP probably couldn't do a simple algebra problem.

Jesus kicked over tables at the temple and generally whooped *** there, but that's not it. They see this as a sport, not as violent aggression. I personally find it a little weird. Maybe its just that the Midwest and Brazil are fairly poor and have sport traditions that prepare them (wrestling in one, BJJ in the other). On the other hand, maybe a PhD in psychology is needed to explain this whole thing.

yes Jesus did become mad in the temple....but I am fairly sure he didnt commit any acts of violence towards any human being...well at least according to the story....in fact supposedly he healed the ear of one of the Roman Soldiers coming to take him away to be CRUCIFIED because one of his disciples cut it with a sword to try and protect Jesus...I guess my humble opinion is its hilarious that in a world full of over 6 BILLION people and a universe thats un fathomably large...that the creator of the universe is interested in your meaningless fight...

yes Jesus did become mad in the temple....but I am fairly sure he didnt commit any acts of violence towards any human being...well at least according to the story....in fact supposedly he healed the ear of one of the Roman Soldiers coming to take him away to be CRUCIFIED because one of his disciples cut it with a sword to try and protect Jesus...I guess my humble opinion is its hilarious that in a world full of over 6 BILLION people and a universe thats un fathomably large...that the creator of the universe is interested in your meaningless fight...

Yeah, kind of silly isn't it.

Now I am not trying to start any religious debate here...and I care more about what kind of person someone is than I do what name(if any) they call God...but has anyone else besides myself here ever had the hilarious thought of how many fighters are Christians and pray and believe Jesus helps them knock people unconscious...destroy people' date=' choke them unconscious, end careers and hurt them in the most violent way possible?? I mean I dont think Jesus(unless your talking about Family Guy Jesus) would be at a UFC event or support hurting others for money...when Jones won and he thanked above all Jesus( or when any fighter does it)...I honestly always chuckle a little bit...am i alone?? probably[/quote']

it only a sin if you are doing it out of hate I am a christian and my whole church supports me and the other 5 people that are trying to make it there so it is not funny so why dont you quit laughing

Many people say they find god on the battle field. The crusaides were in the name of god. So much death and violence has been under the banner of god. Nothing new.

People are brainwashed from childhood' date=' especially Brazillians (hardcore Catholic). It's really all about that. I would guess Cro Cop is an atheist.

Religosity and IQ have an inverse relationship. The average IQ of a UFC fighters isn't very high, not really needed. Anderson Silva and GSP probably couldn't do a simple algebra problem.[/quote']

Professor X, you sir are delusional.

Albert Einstein

Gregor Mendel

Max Planck

Robert Boyle

Isaac Newton

Galileo

Kepler

Francis Bacon

Alexander Fleming

Yes, all these men had terrible brains and lower than normal IQ's.

To the OP... I think you have it mistaken. God is not a woos. He's a warrior, a King, a bad-***. The bible is full of explicit details about how God loves valiance, heart, and wit in battle, as well as love and mercy. The apostle Paul even references boxing in the scripture. This is the God of the bible. I would challenge you or anyone here to demonstrate otherwise, after of course you read the bible and perhaps attempt through examining it to understand it. If you haven't, how can you then speak with any authority on it or claim to know anything about christians who claim to know this God? You guys are hilarious.

course you read the bible and perhaps attempt through examining it to understand it. If you haven't' date=' how can you then speak with any authority on it or claim to know anything about christians who claim to know this God? [/quote']

I stopped reading the bible about 2 paragraphs in when they neglected to mention dinosaurs.

People are brainwashed from childhood' date=' especially Brazillians (hardcore Catholic). It's really all about that. I would guess Cro Cop is an atheist.

Religosity and IQ have an inverse relationship. The average IQ of a UFC fighters isn't very high, not really needed. Anderson Silva and GSP probably couldn't do a simple algebra problem.[/quote']

I am not even religious and i think your above statement is rediculous.

Maybe they are thanking jesus for letting them come out of the cage without any serious injurys.

There is an old saying among soldiers.

Well there is a HUGE difference in believing in something larger than yourslef...believing in a higher power or some kind of creator being...and believing that the Bible is the infallible word of the creator...even though it was written by men...how arrogant do you have to be to think you speak for God

Professor X' date=' you sir are delusional.

Albert Einstein

Gregor Mendel

Max Planck

Robert Boyle

Isaac Newton

Galileo

Kepler

Francis Bacon

Alexander Fleming

Yes, all these men had terrible brains and lower than normal IQ's.

To the OP... I think you have it mistaken. God is not a woos. He's a warrior, a King, a bad-***. The bible is full of explicit details about how God loves valiance, heart, and wit in battle, as well as love and mercy. The apostle Paul even references boxing in the scripture. This is the God of the bible. I would challenge you or anyone here to demonstrate otherwise, after of course you read the bible and perhaps attempt through examining it to understand it. If you haven't, how can you then speak with any authority on it or claim to know anything about christians who claim to know this God? You guys are hilarious.[/quote']

Well if you want to cherry-pick passages out of the Bible and say god loves a warrior...but also expects you to be merciful....oh and then you have the NEW TESTAMENT which brings in JESUS who says that the GREATEST COMMANDMENT IS TO LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF...who gives a flying **** what Paul said...Paul wasnt the "son of God" so anytime you want to debate about the Bible bring it...I know just as much as you

Well if you want to cherry-pick passages out of the Bible and say god loves a warrior...but also expects you to be merciful....oh and then you have the NEW TESTAMENT which brings in JESUS who says that the GREATEST COMMANDMENT IS TO LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF...who gives a flying **** what Paul said...Paul wasnt the "son of God" so anytime you want to debate about the Bible bring it...I know just as much as you

Wha? Wow.

Christians are supposed to be in a state of continuous worship and praise. I believe this includes athletics. God is a parent to his children looking down and being proud of them. As a Christian athlete one reason I compete is to glorify God by using the gifts He's given me.

Also God helped a lot of men in the Bible. His spirit was in Sampson who single-handedly killed armies. God/Jesus are love, but they can also unleash some serious whoop-a.

Christians are supposed to be in a state of continuous worship and praise. I believe this includes athletics. God is a parent to his children looking down and being proud of them. As a Christian athlete one reason I compete is to glorify God by using the gifts He's given me.

Also God helped a lot of men in the Bible. His spirit was in Sampson who single-handedly killed armies. God/Jesus are love' date=' but they can also unleash some serious whoop-a.[/quote']

Finally... where you been brother?! haha... well said. So much misconception on who God really is since there is only surface knowledge espoused in most of these rantings about Him and his athletes giving thanks. Good to hear it from yas.

Finally... where you been brother?! haha... well said. So much misconception on who God really is since there is only surface knowledge espoused in most of these rantings about Him and his athletes giving thanks. Good to hear it from yas.

LMAO is this your calvary(no pun intended)...sorry but the point was fighters thanking Jesus for helping them hurt others for ....drum roll.............MONEY, FAME...its hilarious to me sorry

I dont think when Jesus said love your neighbor as you love yourself he REALLY meant UNLESS you have the ability to whoop his ***...THEN you should glorify me by hurting my other children for money and sport...and as for God...well lets see...God supports slavery therefor God and Jesus are not at odds with each other...maybe thats why God had him killed and you guys just made up the salvation part

Lots of athletes are religious.

It helps a lot with training discipline.

Well MMA is a sport first, and less people get hurt in MMA than in football. God gives gifts to people, and some people have been given gifts for MMA. Jesus saw a lot of soldiers, and he never did tell anyone of them to quit their jobs. In fact he told the disciples to sell their cloak and buy a sword to defend themselves.

Jon Jones has a lot to be thankful for(we all do), look what happened Rashad blew out his knee in training, and Jones stepped in, and dominated the champ. Not only has he been given a lot of talent, but I dare say God opened the door for him sooner than we expected.

Well MMA is a sport first' date=' and less people get hurt in MMA than in football. God gives gifts to people, and some people have been given gifts for MMA. Jesus saw a lot of soldiers, and he never did tell anyone of them to quit their jobs. In fact he told the disciples to sell their cloak and buy a sword to defend themselves.

Jon Jones has a lot to be thankful for(we all do), look what happened Rashad blew out his knee in training, and Jones stepped in, and dominated the champ. Not only has he been given a lot of talent, but I dare say God opened the door for him sooner than we expected.[/quote']

actually Jesus healed the soldiers ear when his disciple cut it...he spoke against violence and claimed that there were 2 great commandments...love god with all your heart and LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF...thats it...its funny that those that claim to represent God and speak for Jesus never seem to follow his rules...

actually Jesus healed the soldiers ear when his disciple cut it...he spoke against violence and claimed that there were 2 great commandments...love god with all your heart and LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF...thats it...its funny that those that claim to represent God and speak for Jesus never seem to follow his rules...

let the thread die

Yes I know he healed the soldiers ear, and he probably did that because he was just doing what he was told to do. He also told the disciples to buy swords to defend themselves with. Man is not perfect if we were we wouldn't have needed Jesus to die for our sins. I do my best to follow the golden rule, and I think I do pretty good at it, but I could always do better. If you were the Biblical scholar you think you are you would understand why being a fighter, and the golden rule don't have to conflict with each other.

Yes I know he healed the soldiers ear' date=' and he probably did that because he was just doing what he was told to do. He also told the disciples to buy swords to defend themselves with. Man is not perfect if we were we wouldn't have needed Jesus to die for our sins. I do my best to follow the golden rule, and I think I do pretty good at it, but I could always do better. If you were the Biblical scholar you think you are you would understand why being a fighter, and the golden rule don't have to conflict with each other.[/quote']

2nWSh.jpg

Archived