So happy Fedor went down like a pathetic sack of ****

thesecondlastguy

Ops thoughts = "If I post a really dumb post hating a very good fighter people will give me attention and for a few minutes in my life people will think about me' date=' damn I wish my dad didn't touch me so much when I was young."[/quote']

lol your avatar

The guy fought washups and bums his whole career and lost badly to handpicked opponents. He'd be a gatekeeper in the UFC at best

You need a big-lower organization to help fighters have jobs. If it's just the UFC and D level promotions it will be impossible for fighters to find a job/fight.

Do you really care about that?

Sounds cruel, but it's an honest question.

With the monopolizing of a sport, you get a very Darwinian atmosphere.

"The strong will survive" hence, if you're not good enough to be kept i the top organization in the world - then why compete?

lol your avatar

The guy fought washups and bums his whole career and lost badly to handpicked opponents. He'd be a gatekeeper in the UFC at best

Wow, you are saying things no one has ever said before. Your argument is so original and fresh that I am going to change my opinion and agree with you. Just kidding, your a dumb *** :)

You need a big-lower organization to help fighters have jobs. If it's just the UFC and D level promotions it will be impossible for fighters to find a job/fight.

so what, its bad for the fighters but its good for us so we dont have to have those annoying cross organazation fight questions and extremist idiots who think fedor could be brock lmao

Wow' date=' you are saying things no one has ever said before. Your argument is so original and fresh that I am going to change my opinion and agree with you. Just kidding, your a dumb *** :)[/quote']

Oh you mad? lol

Why don't you go cry on Fedor's shoulder with Barnett about him being irrelevant?

Do you really care about that?

Sounds cruel' date=' but it's an honest question.

With the monopolizing of a sport, you get a very Darwinian atmosphere.

"The strong will survive" hence, if you're not good enough to be kept i the top organization in the world - then why compete?[/quote']

Go cry for the fighters

Now the fans are gonna get to see all the best matchups

It could possibly deter 50% of fighters who could be the next A. Silva/GSP/Aldo/Alvarez/ext...

From a Brazilians perspective it's already hard enough to get out of Brazil to fight over seas. Doing this we'll see less and less Brazilian monsters.

It could possibly deter 50% of fighters who could be the next A. Silva/GSP/Aldo/Alvarez/ext...

From a Brazilians perspective it's already hard enough to get out of Brazil to fight over seas. Doing this we'll see less and less Brazilian monsters.

How so? If anything it'll motivate a fighter to be that much better.

Let's face it - some just have "it".

Jon Jones and BJ Penn are a testament to that.

It'll deter those who can't compete at the highest level.

lol oh yeah everyone in the world is gonna give up on their mma dreams because Strikeforce is no longer around

gimme somma what ur smoking

I said MONOPOLIZATION. If Zuffa keeps buying out competition (Bellator/SF/ext..) There will be fewer and fewer opportunities for fighters to show case themselves.

How so? If anything it'll motivate a fighter to be that much better.

Let's face it - some just have "it".

Jon Jones and BJ Penn are a testament to that.

It'll deter those who can't compete at the highest level.

They aren't even near the level of the best athletes on earth. If this continues it's just going to keep deterring those elite level athletes.

I said MONOPOLIZATION. If Zuffa keeps buying out competition (Bellator/SF/ext..) There will be fewer and fewer opportunities for fighters to show case themselves.

They aren't even near the level of the best athletes on earth. If this continues it's just going to keep deterring those elite level athletes.

You live in a dream land. UFC is taking the sport to the mainstream, that accounts for a hell of a lot more interest, revenue, and new athletes coming into the sport than the loss of SF.

There are dozens upon dozens of small MMA orgs where newer fighters can start off in before coming to the NFL of MMA the UFC.

You live in a dream land. UFC is taking the sport to the mainstream' date=' that accounts for a hell of a lot more interest, revenue, and new athletes coming into the sport than the loss of SF.

There are dozens upon dozens of small MMA orgs where newer fighters can start off in before coming to the NFL of MMA the UFC.[/quote']

You know nothing, by the way you talk I can tell you have not been a fan of MMA long. Understand that you do not know this sport well because you just don't get it yet. Now shut your noob mouth and go sit in the corner so the big boys can have a real discussion :)

Are you really going to tell me that an athlete is the same thing as a fighter?

Goldy said something very "deep" during one of BJ Penn's fights (I think against Diego)

"Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard.

When talent decides to work hard - you have BJ Penn"

So while being athletically gifted definitely has its advantages, you're still going to get the best type of fighters out there joining the organization. Even basic economics say that capital will flow to where it will be most used effectively - in this case the UFC. Also - with the monopolization of the sport you'll have the ability to pay your fighters fairly. It's a little counter-intuitive I know - but without competition they'll have other "traditional" sports to compete with in order to get athletes. That means raising pay in order to maintain interest.

You live in a dream land. UFC is taking the sport to the mainstream' date=' that accounts for a hell of a lot more interest, revenue, and new athletes coming into the sport than the loss of SF.

There are dozens upon dozens of small MMA orgs where newer fighters can start off in before coming to the NFL of MMA the UFC.[/quote']

How football is run is not how combat sport should be run. If the UFC stays the course the sport will be called "UFC" instead of MMA (it's already starting).

What happens if the UFC hits the tank? What happens if they fold? There will be nothing left. MMA would be gone again.

You know nothing' date=' by the way you talk I can tell you have not been a fan of MMA long. Understand that you do not know this sport well because you just don't get it yet. Now shut your noob mouth and go sit in the corner so the big boys can have a real discussion :)[/quote']I thought you said you were leaving? lol at how upset you are.

You basically just tried to insult me without even refuting my point.

Goes to show you're unintelligent on top of being a loser :)

I thought you said you were leaving? lol at how upset you are.

You basically just tried to insult me without even refuting my point.

Goes to show you're unintelligent on top of being a loser :)

HA HA :) So funny to watch you try so hard to sound smart. Keep trying man, you got a long way to go.

Are you really going to tell me that an athlete is the same thing as a fighter?

Goldy said something very "deep" during one of BJ Penn's fights (I think against Diego)

"Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard.

When talent decides to work hard - you have BJ Penn"

So while being athletically gifted definitely has its advantages' date=' you're still going to get the best type of fighters out there joining the organization. Even basic economics say that capital will flow to where it will be most used effectively - in this case the UFC. Also - with the monopolization of the sport you'll have the ability to pay your fighters fairly. It's a little counter-intuitive I know - but without competition they'll have other "traditional" sports to compete with in order to get athletes. That means raising pay in order to maintain interest.[/quote']

If the UFC is going to monopolize they're going to need to hold...

25 Major events a year (Showcasing the best talent)

200 minor shows a year. (Breeding new talent)

If they can't do that then they shouldn't monopolize.

For instance. This would mean they'll have to shut down all MMA orgs in the continent of Africa if they want to get hold of other fighters like Njikuani.

Basically they'll need to help saturate the market as much as every other MMA promotion is doing right now combined.

How football is run is not how combat sport should be run. If the UFC stays the course the sport will be called "UFC" instead of MMA (it's already starting).

What happens if the UFC hits the tank? What happens if they fold? There will be nothing left. MMA would be gone again.

These doomsday scenarios are preposterous. The UFC will never hit the tank at this point and if they did in this hypothetical fantasy world someone else would eventually rise up because people like MMA.

These doomsday scenarios are preposterous. The UFC will never hit the tank at this point and if they did in this hypothetical fantasy world someone else would eventually rise up because people like MMA.

No one is listening to you kid, notice no one is responding to your crap except for me. Only reason I am is because I like watching you get angry :)

No one is listening to you kid' date=' notice no one is responding to your crap except for me. Only reason I am is because I like watching you get angry :)[/quote']

lol says the guy who said he was leaving 15 minutes ago but got his pride hurt so badly by getting owned by a noob to this forum that he can't let it go.;)

lol says the guy who said he was leaving 15 minutes ago but got his pride hurt so badly by getting owned by a noob to this forum that he can't let it go.;)

Lol, actually I figured id stick around cus you were embarrassing yourself. Im pretty glad I did, cus i've enjoyed watching you crash and burn :)

If the UFC is going to monopolize they're going to need to hold...

25 Major events a year (Showcasing the best talent)

200 minor shows a year. (Breeding new talent)

If they can't do that then they shouldn't monopolize.

This would mean they'll have to shut down all MMA orgs in the continent of Africa if they want to get hold of other fighters like Njikuani.

Understand that Dana himself stated that he's going to try to keep a roster of 28 fighters per division as a maximum. He's trying to maintain a roster of close to 200 - impossible to hold that many events.

With that said - I see that you're suggesting that they need to make up for the lost shows.

Consider this - the latest M-1 show (the biggest promotion in Europe easily) garnered just under 200K viewers. Bellator is happy to break the 400K barrier on a non-competitive weekend and they're essentially free ALL the time. No one really cares for these smaller promotions because in the end we all just want to see those deemed "the best" go at it. The numbers they do right now is fine - but by your provided logic you'd have to think that other traditional sports should be playing year-round.

And on the Njokuani case - you do know his first professional fight was held in Austin, Texas right? All I can garner from you bringing him up is the fact that smaller countries will not be recognized - which is completely false. Talent is talent, and talent gets recognized. Why do you think Gunnar Nelson (from Iceland of all places) is recognized as the top prospect out of Europe?

Understand that Dana himself stated that he's going to try to keep a roster of 28 fighters per division as a maximum. He's trying to maintain a roster of close to 200 - impossible to hold that many events.

With that said - I see that you're suggesting that they need to make up for the lost shows.

Consider this - the latest M-1 show (the biggest promotion in Europe easily) garnered just under 200K viewers. Bellator is happy to break the 400K barrier on a non-competitive weekend and they're essentially free ALL the time. No one really cares for these smaller promotions because in the end we all just want to see those deemed "the best" go at it. The numbers they do right now is fine - but by your provided logic you'd have to think that other traditional sports should be playing year-round.

And on the Njokuani case - you do know his first professional fight was held in Austin' date=' Texas right? All I can garner from you bringing him up is the fact that smaller countries will not be recognized - which is completely false. Talent is talent, and talent gets recognized. Why do you think Gunnar Nelson (from Iceland of all places) is recognized as the top prospect out of Europe?[/quote']

No. What you were getting at was that it is ok for the UFC to buy up EVERY mma promotion. They would need a UFC Europe, UFC Africa, UFC Asia ext to help pull the talent out. My case is in the direction they are currently heading is that they'll buy up all minor inputs towards MMA.

As for the Njukuani case I know, I was using his as an example (His home country).

Unless your cool with just having NCAA UNITED STATES wrestlers fighting and having no international diversity.

As for the 400k views for Bellator. It's not the competition/caring aspect, it's the having a promotion to help showcase the fighters for the UFC (if not they'll need to host local shows also, hence 200+ events)

Well I can say I've never been raped by another man

bfootx-wide-community.jpg

He made more money that night than you will ever make in your life :) He also has more respect than your will ever gain. Hate all you want, but fact is the man is a legend. true MMA fans know it, the only ones who deny it are the new dumb *** MMA fans who don't know sht about this amazing sport.

No. What you were getting at was that it is ok for the UFC to buy up EVERY mma promotion. They would need a UFC Europe' date=' UFC Africa, UFC Asia ext to help pull the talent out. My case is in the direction they are currently heading is that they'll buy up all minor inputs towards MMA.

As for the Njukuani case I know, I was using his as an example (His home country).[/quote']

How many major American sports provide billions in revenue yearly and are not based in more than one country? Please remind me of that.

There's always going to be a number 2 organization - can't help that. People will always want a piece of the pie, but with the buyout of SF the current #2 (Bellator since DREAM is probably gone) is FAR from having a "top" status. I hate to bring football in - but the NFL has the CFL as the #2. The reason there's no need for the NFL to buy them out (and they sure as hell have that power) is because the CFL is seen as the farm-league and cut player league to the NFL. Those who couldn't cut it on the big show move up north in order to have a chance to play.

Your idea that they need to base in each country is completely unfounded.

Refer to my point on Gunnar Nelson from my previous post.

Talent gets found as long as it chooses to show itself.

He made more money that night than you will ever make in your life :) He also has more respect than your will ever gain. Hate all you want' date=' but fact is the man is a legend. true MMA fans know it, the only ones who deny it are the new dumb *** MMA fans who don't know sht about this amazing sport.[/quote']

I'm not a new fan. I've watched that chicken **** duck and handpick fights his entire career. He's a cancer to the sport who has destroyed mutliple orgs and has no respect among people who don't have their head in their asses.

As far as his money, he made it off fooling chumps like you.

I'm not a new fan. I've watched that chicken **** duck and handpick fights his entire career. He's a cancer to the sport who has destroyed mutliple orgs and has no respect among people who don't have their head in their asses.

As far as his money' date=' he made it off fooling chumps like you.[/quote']

Yeah, Big Nog was a total can is whole career.

Total can.

Can can can.

How many major American sports provide billions in revenue yearly and are not based in more than one country? Please remind me of that.

There's always going to be a number 2 organization - can't help that. People will always want a piece of the pie' date=' but with the buyout of SF the current #2 (Bellator since DREAM is probably gone) is FAR from having a "top" status. I hate to bring football in - but the NFL has the CFL as the #2. [b']The reason there's no need for the NFL to buy them ou[/b]t (and they sure as hell have that power) is because the CFL is seen as the farm-league and cut player league to the NFL. Those who couldn't cut it on the big show move up north in order to have a chance to play.

Your idea that they need to base in each country is completely unfounded.

Refer to my point on Gunnar Nelson from my previous post.

Talent gets found as long as it chooses to show itself.

Funny thing is is that the UFC bought out their #2 (SF)

Come back 2 years later. I bet they'll dissolve Strikeforce and not keep it around just to build the "UFC brand"

10 years from now people will call this sport "UFC" and not MMA (already starting to happen)

As far as his money' date=' he made it off fooling chumps like you.[/quote']

Lol, no way you are not a new fan spouting crap like that :) That is pure dana recycled garbage and you know it. Go preach to someone who cares, o wait, nobody does.

Yeah' date=' Big Nog was a total can is whole career.

Total can.

Can can can.[/quote']

Big Nog is the only good fighter who Fedor ever took on other than Crocop. And he took on Nog only to win the title and make a name for himself that he could coast off of afterwards. He ducked Crocop for as long as possible in Pride and they were going to strip him of his title for, even Nog said so. He also ducked Sergei, Igor, and Werdum in Pride who later beat him. Instead he decided to fight has beens like Randleman and Coleman.

Did you even read my post? Bellator isn't even CLOSE to the level that SF was.

The UFC has no need to buy them out due to the fact that there's no dispute at their current level.

Yes i did. Read my previous post. Bellator is a show case the talent promotion. Not a competing one.

Strikeforce was a competing one (healthy for business). And the UFC bought them out.

If MMA were more on the map that would be deemed illegal by US law.

Big Nog is the only good fighter who Fedor ever took on other than Crocop. And he took on Nog only to win the title and make a name for himself that he could coast off of afterwards. He ducked Crocop for as long as possible in Pride and they were going to strip him of his title for' date=' even Nog said so. He also ducked Sergei, Igor, and Werdum in Pride who later beat him. Instead he decided to fight has beens like Randleman and Coleman.[/quote']

Lol not gonna get into this debate with you.

His career can be seen subjectively by anyone, and I'm not gonna engage in it ;)

Archived