Do you people really think Forest can beat Jones?

Acedaddy

Or is it simply hoping whoever Jones fights beats him because he took Shogun to school. Come on now, I am a Forest fan but forest has no power in his punches to come close to hurting Jones. Jones however does & Jones would take him to the ground & elbow him out. Sorry but Forest would lose this one fairly quickly.

dunno if there's anyone in the lhw division who can cope with jones at the moment

i thought shogun woulda been to much for him to soon but he made shogun look old an slow, mayb with the addition of some SF fighters in time there mayb someone who can take the belt from jones but barrin an off night i can't see him being beat anytime soon

rashad may b faster but he'll get beat in the stand up, rampage will get his legs broken

machida mayb has best chance thanks to his "elusiveness" but it jones takes him down it'll b nap time with elbows

who's left that has enough skills to take him out

To be honest, the two fighters I believe could give Bones the most trouble are Griffin and Lil Nog....Griffin is big enough and good enough to fight off of his back...but then again Tito had some good ground and pound against Griffin in their last meeting, and Bones is the ground and pound king.....Lil Nog is a dangerous fighter to keep on his back for long periods of time and his boxing is clean...either Bones would have to keep the fight standing and be extremely dynamic OR his top game is waaaay better than I can imagine....Machida might able be a good match up as well...but I don't think his counter striking would be too effective against Bones' length and clinch game...who else is there....well I guess we shouldn't forget Rashad, but I don't see Rashad being able to push Bones up against the cage like he did Rampage....Rampage would also be a good fight, because he's a good fight for anyone...really Bones has a lot of work to do as champ

Phil Davis will be the guy to take on Jones imo the only guy who can stop his take downs and who could get jones down and keep him there' date=' he just need to improve the stand up.[/quote']

So, what fights have you been watching that I haven't that would indicate that Davis could both stuff all of Jones' take downs and well as take Jones down and keep him there....cos from what I've seen is that Jones has faced several top collegiate wrestlers as well as an international wrestler, and none of them was able to take him down, and he was able to take them all down, keep them there, and finish them....soooo, tell me what Davis has done to shape your opinions...not saying I'm not a fan of Davis, I just don't agree with your statement and I don't believe their is any reasoning behind it more than maybe you don't like Jones

Or is it simply hoping whoever Jones fights beats him because he took Shogun to school. Come on now' date=' I am a Forest fan but forest has no power in his punches to come close to hurting Jones. Jones however does & Jones would take him to the ground & elbow him out. Sorry but Forest would lose this one fairly quickly.[/quote']

Forrest has a 36% chance of beating Jones.

If history means anything then Forrest COULD beat Jones. No one thought Forrest would Rua or Rampage for the title. With that being said, Jones is an absolute freak of nature. Forrest has a good ground game but Jones is too long and lanky for Forrest. Jones will either make it rain elbows on the ground or do some ridiculous kick while standing

Again, this is MMA and any fighter has a chance of winning so I wont say Forrest cant win because that would be ignorant but if I was a betting man, i would say Jones will win via KO

It's funny how hype trains work:

- Forrest Griffin (no hype train) defeats Shogun, but, 'Shogun was coming off knee surgery. That wasn't the REAL Shogun!'

- Jon Jones (massive hype train) defeats Shogun, and people are saying he's so good, that he made Shogun look 'old and slow'.

Weeeiiiird!! :rolleyes:

It's funny how hype trains work:

- Forrest Griffin (no hype train) defeats Shogun' date=' but, 'Shogun was coming off knee surgery. That wasn't the REAL Shogun!'

- Jon Jones (massive hype train) defeats Shogun, and people are saying he's so good, that he made Shogun look 'old and slow'.

Weeeiiiird!! :rolleyes:[/quote']

Also one has the belt the other does not!

He looked better in the Forrest fight.

True.

I'm just trying to point out the idiocracy of some people.

For people to say that Griffin beat up an out-of-shape, post-knee surgery Shogun, but not say the same thing for Jones' victory, is just dumb.

Know what I mean?

• 2 months later...

Archived