Fool me Once, Shame on You.

bonesbonesbones

Fool me twice, god damn it I must be really stupid.

Thats all I can think of when I see this forum. First it was Jon Jones can't beat Vera, then Matyushenko, then Bader. Then he finally wins the title by beating the champion, the guy most people said he couldn't beat. That enough should prove enough for you all to believe he can beat another fighter. But, of course, out comes a laundry list of fighters that would beat Jones. Couture, Davis, Machida, Rashad, Rampage... There's a point to Jones' career. Don't pick against him he is going to win. The more you pick against him the more you will be wrong.

Fool me twice' date=' god damn it I must be really stupid.

Thats all I can think of when I see this forum. First it was Jon Jones can't beat Vera, then Matyushenko, then Bader. Then he finally wins the title by beating the champion, the guy most people said he couldn't beat. That enough should prove enough for you all to believe he can beat another fighter. But, of course, out comes a laundry list of fighters that would beat Jones. Couture, Davis, Machida, Rashad, Rampage... There's a point to Jones' career. Don't pick against him he is going to win. The more you pick against him the more you will be wrong.[/quote']

who currently do you give the best shot of beating jones?

who currently do you give the best shot of beating jones?

Well everyone has a puncher's chance. It's hard to say because we don't know how much punishment Bones can take because he doesn't really get hit. With his good wrestling and unorthodox striking that no one can seem to deal with I would say someone with a great chin, experience, and ability to either not be taken down or get up quickly. So I guess Rampage right now I would have to say has the best chance.

There are 2 fighters and that is it.

Rashad' date=' due to knowledge of training with him for so long

Davis, one of the only other fighters that can match strength and athleticism.[/quote']

Davis would get destroyed worse than Rashad. There'd be that "oh ****" moment in the fight for Davis when he realized that he couldn't take Jones down, and that he is going to be humiliated on his feet. Rashad has better chances, but I think Jones can put him away also.

There are 2 fighters and that is it.

Rashad' date=' due to knowledge of training with him for so long

Davis, one of the only other fighters that can match strength and athleticism.[/quote']

Rashad I can see, but I think it will go kinda like Machida vs Rashad but quicker.

I dont see Davis doing it, Jones is basically a better version of Phil Davis. Everyone was doubting Jones for never facing top 5 comp but who has Phil Davis beat? We have no idea how he will do with top 5 opponents.

Possibly Jesus (if he changes fight camps - can't have two fighters from the Heaven camp fighting each other)

True' date=' I heard he didnt tap.

Forrest is the only guy at LHW that can (and will) beat Jones.

I see that going down just like SIlva vs Griffin, but I guess based on Griffin's career he has the best chance since he could go in and beat anyone.

True' date=' I heard he didnt tap.

I see that going down just like SIlva vs Griffin, but I guess based on Griffin's career he has the best chance since he could go in and beat anyone.[/quote']

Silva got lucky cause Forrest underestimated him and didn't take the fight serious.

Forrest would wreck Bones with kicks.

Rashad I can see' date=' but I think it will go kinda like Machida vs Rashad but quicker.

I dont see Davis doing it, Jones is basically a better version of Phil Davis. Everyone was doubting Jones for never facing top 5 comp but who has Phil Davis beat? We have no idea how he will do with top 5 opponents.[/quote']

I totally agree. At this current time I don't feel like anyone is a good matchup for Jones. I just feel that those 2 fighters have the best shot.

I think anyone can beat Bones with the right game plan...Bones striking, while flashy and exciting to watch, isnt really that good. What he has going for him is his reach. The only reason he beat shogun in the stand up was cause of his reach, that gave him a huuuge advantage...I think someone with good take down defense and good striking can beat him which is why I believe Rampage or Machida can beat him.

Archived