Forrest Griffin could beat Jon Jones.

Shady_Champ

He's proven that he can take down big strong wrestlers with good striking(Rampage) He subbed a BJJ blackbelt(Shogun) Beat a strong wrestler in Sonnen and showed great TDD against Tito Ortiz.

Forrest has the Chin, the size and the tools on the ground to sub Jon Jones.

I think Forrest should only be 1 fight away from a title shot..

What do you guys think?

Discuss.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think forrest can also win this fight hes too underrated! i think they match him with thiago silva next or the winner of cotoure/machida and then either hell get a shot after rashad and rampage or fight one of them in a rematch fo the shot or the title depending on the title fight outcomes

He's proven that he can take down big strong wrestlers with good striking(Rampage) He subbed a BJJ blackbelt(Shogun) Beat a strong wrestler in Sonnen and showed great TDD against Tito Ortiz.

Forrest has the Chin' date=' the size and the tools on the ground to sub Jon Jones.

I think Forrest should only be 1 fight away from a title shot..

What do you guys think?

Discuss.[/quote']

He beat Rua pretty easily.

Forrest would be a good matchup i believe. I think he would have an amazing gameplan to stick and go. And maybe go for a couple of takedowns. In the end, i think Jones would win but i think Forrest would give him a run for his money. Way better than Shogun ever would. Shogun looked horrible.

I would disagree on that. Forrest would get beat up and tossed around.

If he couldn't beat-up Tito Ortiz, and come even close to submitting him on the ground, JBJ is few notches ahead of him. Or finish Rich Franklin who looked in awful shape, he's not going to do much against Jones.

Forrest was fast enough to be the champion and was winning against Rashad until Evans hit that lucky shot.

Same with Silva. Forrest underestimated him and Silva got a lucky shot in.

Won't happen with Bones. Forrest would wreck him.

Forrest also fought the #1 in the world Anderson and did fairly well until that lucky shot by Silva. Forrest would win a rematch after he beats Bones.

Lucky shot? haa, Forrest explained the fight himself about his own inferiority. And then ran crying because he trained so hard. Big Andy becomes even quicker.

If he couldn't beat-up Tito Ortiz' date=' and come even close to submitting him on the ground, JBJ is few notches ahead of him. Or finish Rich Franklin who looked in awful shape, he's not going to do much against Jones.[/quote']

Franklin was in the best shape of his life.

Tito Ortiz is much better wrestler than Jones.

Get your facts right,

Franklin was in the best shape of his life.

Tito Ortiz is much better wrestler than Jones.

Get your facts right' date='[/quote']

exactly and Shogun was way more healthy for the Forrest fight then he was for the Shogun fight. Forrest beat the best Shogun and Jones beat a Shogun at 60%

If he couldn't beat-up Tito Ortiz' date=' and come even close to submitting him on the ground, JBJ is few notches ahead of him. Or finish Rich Franklin who looked in awful shape, he's not going to do much against Jones.[/quote']

Well professor class is about to start so get your Pen and Pad out and take notes.

1. Forrest faced Rashad and Tito both better wrestlers than Jones and was able to keep the fight where he wanted.

2. Forrest has one hell of a chin. He wasn't KO'd by Silva just picked apart and demoralized plus he wasn't in his right frame of mind that night.

3. Forrest has more heart and Cardio then anyone @ 205

4. Forrest has brutal leg kicks(ala Rampage on 1 leg) and Jones legs would be an easy target.

5. Forrest has very good takedowns and good top control and BJJ black belt.

*Bell rings*

Okay class don't forget. Tomorrow we will have a class on why The MW division is in fact stacked!

Lucky shot? haa' date=' Forrest explained the fight himself about his own inferiority. And then ran crying because he trained so hard. Big Andy becomes even quicker.[/quote']

Yes it was lucky. Forrest underestimated him and didn't take the fight serious. Silva got lucky cause Forrest wasn't really trying.

Anderson Silva would look better if he actually fought him. And GSP if he ever mans up and moves up to MW like he said he would.

Good call. GSP would wreck Bones too.

That is if Bones could walk again after Forrest gets through with him.

Archived