Overeem questions?

D_Cato

Why do people think "Ubereem", or "Overoid" is so good? I haven't seen to many Alistair Overeem fights, the ones I have seen he was getting KO'ed or tapping(even to strikes). I am not knocking the guy, but I don't understand why people think he is so good when I can't really see it buy looking at his record. He has beat some alright guys, and he always puts up a good fight, but everytime he faces a top guy he loses. Again Overeem fans I am not knocking the guy I just want to know why so many people seem to think he is the best.

I think so many people think he's the best because he's an outstanding kickboxer (he did win K-1 tourny) and he really hasn't been challenge yet. it will be interesting to see how badly he beats Werdum though.

I'm not a fan of Uber. I'm just seeing it how it is.

Well I can understand people liking him if he is like Lesnar with strikes, because everyone likes to watch a stand up war, but that still doesn't make him the best HW.

Werdum already has a victory over Overeem why does anyone think Overeem is going to beat him this time? Is it because Overeem pounded Werdum in the first fight, and Werdum just pulled a sub out of his ***(just like Brock vs Mir 1), or what?

I am not arguing with anyone I just don't understand the mystique the guy has.

When Overeem lost to Werdum, he was such a skinny bugger, now he is built like a brick ****house. He ragdolled Rogers across the cage who is 265lbs. He's the 2010 K1 GP World Champion, current Strikeforce HW champion and for good reason is the favourite to win the tournament. He's a monster, look at when he lost to Shogun, then look at him now, he's liturally 10 inches larger of pure muscle.

Him being a huge monster is not a good enough reason to claim he would destroy everybody in the UFC especially considering there are a few monsters there too. Is there something else, because I'm starting to think he's all hype(fan boy hype).

Him being a huge monster is not a good enough reason to claim he would destroy everybody in the UFC especially considering there are a few monsters there too. Is there something else' date=' because I'm starting to think he's all hype(fan boy hype).[/quote']

It's all speculation.

Alistair Overeem has all the tools to become the #1 heavyweight, it's just that his competition has been lacking. You can't discredit the fact that he just won a K-1 Grand Prix, either. He's 6'5 of pure destruction. I'd put him somewhere around 8 or 9 in the HW rankings as of now, though.

Why do people think "Ubereem"' date=' or "Overoid" is so good? I haven't seen to many Alistair Overeem fights, the ones I have seen he was getting KO'ed or tapping(even to strikes). I am not knocking the guy, but I don't understand why people think he is so good when[b'] I can't really see it buy looking at his record.[/b] He has beat some alright guys, and he always puts up a good fight, but everytime he faces a top guy he loses. Again Overeem fans I am not knocking the guy I just want to know why so many people seem to think he is the best.
There's your first problem right there.

Don't look a this record. Look at his fight. (mma and k-1)

His fights can be awesome as all get out, but he has still lost everytime he faced someone good. K1 is kickboxing not MMA, and thats the same thing people say about great grapplers when their credentials come up. Chuck KO'ed him which is no shame, but I'm sure there are HW's that hit harder than Chuck.

He may be very exciting, and he may be a beast(those are reasons to like him alone), but to talk him up like some invincible MMA HW god that will decimate the UFC HW's seems a little over the top. I will believe it when(if) I see it.

Why do people think "Ubereem"' date=' or "Overoid" is so good? I haven't seen to many Alistair Overeem fights, the ones I have seen he was getting KO'ed or tapping(even to strikes). I am not knocking the guy, but I don't understand why people think he is so good when I can't really see it buy looking at his record. He has beat some alright guys, and he always puts up a good fight, but everytime he faces a top guy he loses. Again Overeem fans I am not knocking the guy I just want to know why so many people seem to think he is the best.[/quote']

You are right to some degree. I am one of those guys that like to hype him up.

His takedown defense against top wrestlers is largely untested...... so it is hard to say he will beat all the top competition. However his submision game is good, and his striking is without question, the best in MMA. If he can keep the fight standing its a BAD night for anyone.

The other reason people are starting to board the hype train is because he is EXCITING!

He has 1 decision in 34 victories. He comes to hurt you bad and that is what people like about him. This is the reason for him having more losses early in his carrer though...because he threw caution to the wind and payed the price. His defense is much better now and he is a much more intelligent and bigger version of the old Alistair. I see a bright future for the Reem.

WAR UBEREEM!

You are right to some degree. I am one of those guys that like to hype him up.

His takedown defense against top wrestlers is largely untested...... so it is hard to say he will beat all the top competition. However his submision game is good' date=' and his striking is without question, the best in MMA. If he can keep the fight standing its a BAD night for anyone.

The other reason people are starting to board the hype train is because he is EXCITING!

He has 1 decision in 34 victories. He comes to hurt you bad and that is what people like about him. This is the reason for him having more losses early in his carrer though...because he threw caution to the wind and payed the price. His defense is much better now and he is a much more intelligent and bigger version of the old Alistair. I see a bright future for the Reem.

WAR UBEREEM![/quote']

Now that is the best answer so far, and I hope he comes to the UFC sooner rather than later. If I had to guess I would say Cain, Brock, Nelson, and Carwin would all beat him(or at the very least give him serious problems). JDS would get KO'ed because he is the perfect opponent for Reem, and Mir probably couldn't take him down so he would likely get wrecked too. I am all hyped up to see this guy in the UFC now.

Now that is the best answer so far' date=' and I hope he comes to the UFC sooner rather than later. If I had to guess I would say Cain, Brock, Nelson, and Carwin would all beat him(or at the very least give him serious problems). JDS would get KO'ed because he is the perfect opponent for Reem, and Mir probably couldn't take him down so he would likely get wrecked too. I am all hyped up to see this guy in the UFC now.[/quote']

I really hope we can see him in the UFC as well.

I hate wondering who the best really is!:mad:

Make it happen Dana!

Archived