What's the better match up for Tito?

Jbrahams

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira or Ryan Bader?

Well Tito is mainly a wrestler and a striker, and a lot of the time tends to go for the takedown and follow up with his trademark GnP,

Lil Nog's main strengths are his Jiu jitsu and boxing, so standing up I would give it to Nog imo, and on the ground it could be dangerous for Tito,

And Bader is mainly a wrestler with some good punch power and less experienced

So what's a better fight for Tito?

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira or Ryan Bader?

Well Tito is mainly a wrestler and a striker' date=' and a lot of the time tends to go for the takedown and follow up with his trademark GnP,

Lil Nog's main strengths are his Jiu jitsu and boxing, so standing up I would give it to Nog imo, and on the ground it could be dangerous for Tito,

And Bader is mainly a wrestler with some good punch power and less experienced

So what's a better fight for Tito?[/quote']

Bader is a better wrestler and a better striker , I'd say he is much stronger than Tito and could probably keep up with Tito's pace for 15 minutes.

He could possibly Lay on Rogerio and GnP him for a decision , but Tito is comfortable in the guard which is bad against BJJ ace , so if Tito worked on advancing position and could find himself in halfguard or side control he could definitely beat Rogerio.

In retrospect , Rogerio is the much better matchup , or they could of given him Brandon Vera, Jason Brillz.

Bader is a better wrestler and a better striker ' date=' I'd say he is much stronger than Tito and could probably keep up with Tito's pace for 15 minutes.

He could possibly Lay on Rogerio and GnP him for a decision , but Tito is comfortable in the guard which is bad against BJJ ace , so if Tito worked on advancing position and could find himself in halfguard or side control he could definitely beat Rogerio.

In retrospect , Rogerio is the much better matchup , or they could of given him Brandon Vera, Jason Brillz.[/quote']

yeah agreed, calculating via MMAths Bader>Lil Nog so obviously Tito is better against Nog,

nah jks :D, Lil Nog struggled with Brilz and I think Tito would get a UD

It's 2011... the last time Tito had his hand raised was 2006... seriously he's not beating anyone worth mentioning. He can last three rounds with good fighters but if he's getting beat by Hamill how could he beat Bader?

Tito's wrestling is no longer mentioned with the other top wrestlers of the division and with good reason. He's overrated at this point and should retire. Bader will bully him around for 3 rounds 30-27.

Rogerio would box Tito's head in and his takedown defense would actually hold up against Tito's sloppy shot. Tito shoots from too far away without setting it up. Rogerio would have ruined him with much better boxing.

Yeah if you take a look at the Hamill fight and compare Hamill to Bader.. Bader is a better version of Hamill in my mind. Stronger, better wrestler, superior cardio...

I am a huge Ortiz fan but I will be the first to say he gets wrecked by Bader.. Ortiz does not have KO power so he would have to take his opponent down and punish them in the guard which he was famous for. Bader would stuff every takedown and possibly just take Tito down or keep it standing up.

Titos cardio has been suffering as well. If it is for the surgeries or whatever, his cardio is not the same. He needs to get out of his "Punishment" camp and actually train with another team that can push him and make him better if he wishes to compete.

Lil Nog is the better striker but he could POSSIBLY get taken down by Tito. If Tito came in there with great cardio of old we could see Tito get his first win in 5 years or so. If he got back to the level of his fight with Rashad he could possibly go further but.. this is unlikely.

I love Tito and what he has done for the sport and his chin is one of the toughest out there but... it's getting time for him to hang em up... Don't turn in to the one fighter whom he ruined the reputation of.. Ken Shamrock.

Archived