The best Muay Thai Bag / Large Heavy Bag

Me_Against_The_World

Cost is no real concern; I train out of a small gym for now , I'm moving out to San Jose 1-2 years ( soon as possible ) to train out of AKA and start a professional career.

Anyways to the point , I was wondering if you guys knew what type of heavy bag elite K-1 fighters like Badr Hari , Alistair Overeem , Semmy Schilt , Giorgio Patrosyan , Mike Zambidis and such use. Is there a Rolles Royce of Heavy Bags/MT Bags? If so maybe you guys could leave me suggestions and tips I'd really appreciate it. I can't get enough inbetween training in the gym to improv and just unleash on a heavybag. I bought a 80lb heavy bag about 8 months ago and now its literally falling apart.

Cost is no real concern; I train out of a small gym for now ' date=' I'm moving out to San Jose 1-2 years ( soon as possible ) to train out of AKA and start a professional career.

Anyways to the point , I was wondering if you guys knew what type of heavy bag elite K-1 fighters like Badr Hari , Alistair Overeem , Semmy Schilt , Giorgio Patrosyan , Mike Zambidis and such use. Is there a Rolles Royce of Heavy Bags/MT Bags? If so maybe you guys could leave me suggestions and tips I'd really appreciate it. I can't get enough inbetween training in the gym to improv and just unleash on a heavybag. I bought a 80lb heavy bag about 8 months ago and now its literally falling apart.[/quote']

80 lbs? that is small

80 lbs? that is small

Yeah it was , I'm hoping for something more along the lines of 150-200lbs now. Not a typical lanky Thai bag or a short Heavy bag , something ideal for MMA I suppose? Something that can take a beating too I've had this thing duct taped and its still ripping apart , I've had to restuff it twice now.

Anyways like I said any insight would be much appreciated it.

Yeah it was ' date=' I'm hoping for something more along the lines of 150-200lbs now. Not a typical lanky Thai bag or a short Heavy bag , something ideal for MMA I suppose? Something that can take a beating too I've had this thing duct taped and its still ripping apart , I've had to restuff it twice now.

Anyways like I said any insight would be much appreciated it.[/quote']

I don't think brand really matters that much, just make sure it's leather and filled correctly. Pick out the perfect shape for your uses. I would definitely choose something around 150 lbs though at least, but if you're hitting an 80 pound bag and its not flying all over the place then you should be fine with 100 pounds.

I don't think brand really matters that much' date=' just make sure it's leather and filled correctly. Pick out the perfect shape for your uses. I would definitely choose something around 150 lbs though at least, but if you're hitting an 80 pound bag and its not flying all over the place then you should be fine with 100 pounds.[/quote']

The bag flew around more than a jet-bell-ranger , and its ripped apart beyond mending.

I was thinking something along the lines of

http://www.fightstoremma.com/punch-bags/punch-bags/venum-synthetic-punch-bag.html

I just want to know if they come stuffed , because the process of stuffing a heavy bag is HELL and it never turns out as perfect as I wanted it to be. I want something around 5 feet and 125-200lbs that comes stuffed and is pro ware.

The bag flew around more than a jet-bell-ranger ' date=' and its ripped apart beyond mending.

I was thinking something along the lines of

http://www.fightstoremma.com/punch-bags/punch-bags/venum-synthetic-punch-bag.html

I just want to know if they come stuffed , because the process of stuffing a heavy bag is HELL and it never turns out as perfect as I wanted it to be. I want something around 5 feet and 125-200lbs that comes stuffed and is pro ware.[/quote']

The heavier bags usually don't come stuffed or you have to pick them up somewhere because they won't ship something too heavy. And if they come stuffed, most of the time you need to re stuff it since in my experience at least they do a ****** job of it. The only question about that is what is leather syntec? I'd get something that just says leather. I've heard water filled bags are the best but I've never used them.

The heavier bags usually don't come stuffed or you have to pick them up somewhere because they won't ship something too heavy. And if they come stuffed' date=' most of the time you need to re stuff it since in my experience at least they do a ****** job of it. The only question about that is what is leather syntec? I'd get something that just says leather. I've heard water filled bags are the best but I've never used them.[/quote']

I know they don't usually come stuffed but it does infact state the weight being 121.5lbs.

Leather synthetic is basically a more resilient form of leather in my experience when it comes to getting wet and the heat or if it was outdoors it wouldn't be very effected whatsoever.

I've also heard the Water filled bags are the best , but I've been to ATT once and a Kickboxing Academy in southern Florida and they didn't use 1 water filled bag. Nor does Thailand as far as I know , so I'm not buying it.

I've had to stuff bags they suggest ripped up rags , that is terrible honestly I kept wetting the down so they'd be harder and more compact for extra mass , the texture was never consistent enough , I couldn't get the weight I wanted and it was the most tedious task I can remember cutting and ripping forever.....Before that I tried sand and I kept jamming my wrists and fingers and swelling up my shins and feet. So I am a tad lost on what I should stuff it with or if I just spring for the extra cost and get a great bag that is prestuffed.

I know they don't usually come stuffed but it does infact state the weight being 121.5lbs.

Leather synthetic is basically a more resilient form of leather in my experience when it comes to getting wet and the heat or if it was outdoors it wouldn't be very effected whatsoever.

I've also heard the Water filled bags are the best ' date=' but I've been to ATT once and a Kickboxing Academy in southern Florida and they didn't use 1 water filled bag. Nor does Thailand as far as I know , so I'm not buying it.

I've had to stuff bags they suggest ripped up rags , that is terrible honestly I kept wetting the down so they'd be harder and more compact for extra mass , the texture was never consistent enough , I couldn't get the weight I wanted and it was the most tedious task I can remember cutting and ripping forever.....Before that I tried sand and I kept jamming my wrists and fingers and swelling up my shins and feet. So I am a tad lost on what I should stuff it with or if I just spring for the extra cost and get a great bag that is prestuffed.[/quote']

Yeah a leather bag won't be good outside, but are you training outdoors? You want to fill it with rags and ribbons and foam and stuff not sand. And don't wet the inside of a bag that isn't designed for it. If it's under 150 pounds I think they will ship it stuffed.

Yeah a leather bag won't be good outside' date=' but are you training outdoors? You want to fill it with rags and ribbons and foam and stuff not sand. And don't wet the inside of a bag that isn't designed for it. If it's under 150 pounds I think they will ship it stuffed.[/quote']

My personal heavybag is outside , the ones in my gym are obviously inside. You can get them up to anyweight stuffed from what I'm seeing just a bit more, though a machine stuffs it with compression a human cannot , and the ones laced in foam for better texture and consistency is what I want , but not the water ones. Man this is worse than looking into my first car :P

Yeah a leather bag won't be good outside' date=' but are you training outdoors? You want to fill it with rags and ribbons and foam and stuff not sand. And don't wet the inside of a bag that isn't designed for it. [b']If it's under 150 pounds I think they will ship it stuffed[/b].

They should I use to work with UPS and we would commonly have boxes that weighed as much as I did. We've had drivers have to call a supervisor when its being delivered residential and not to a business where someone can help you.

A heavy bag should be fairly easy to deal with though. 5 feet tall but at only around 2 feet wide you can put that on a 2 wheeler easy and lower it out the back.

My personal heavybag is outside ' date=' the ones in my gym are obviously inside. You can get them up to anyweight stuffed from what I'm seeing just a bit more, though a machine stuffs it with compression a human cannot , and the ones laced in foam for better texture and consistency is what I want , but not the water ones. Man this is worse than looking into my first car :P[/quote']

Lol well good luck.

Archived