Hardy or Rumble??

mangoKush

Rumble will miss weight but knock Hardy out in a forced catchweight bout. If Johnson makes it under 174 I will be surprised. I see him coming in around 176 and even if he wins Dana will not let him fight at welterweight again if he doesn't make weight so he better find a way. I would really like to know what his weight is currently.

Hardy via being better.

Better at making weight maybe. Johnson is coming off a massive layoff so that will help Hardy. Striking is pretty even IMO but Johnson is bigger with a reach advantage.

I know they both said they still stand and bang but honestly Johnson should use his wrestling to take Hardy down and pound the **** out of him.

Dan Hardy has only finished one guy in the UFC and the guy was a total can that even Nate Diaz crushed in under two minutes.

Better at making weight maybe. Johnson is coming off a massive layoff so that will help Hardy. Striking is pretty even IMO but Johnson is bigger with a reach advantage.

I know they both said they still stand and bang but honestly Johnson should use his wrestling to take Hardy down and pound the **** out of him.

Dan Hardy has only finished one guy in the UFC and the guy was a total can that even Nate Diaz crushed in under two minutes.

In that case, Hardy via triangle ;)

Rumble 3rd Round TKO

If Hardy is still hanging in there by the third round that could be bad for Johnson coming off an injury and 18 month layoff. He also ballooned up over 230 pounds. He better take care of business in the first ten minutes or less IMO. He's going to miss weight and still not have the cardio to fight at 170. For his health he needs to fight at 185. For his career to go anywhere he needs to find a way to cut crazy weight so he can tower over all of his opponents... the ****ing Yoshida fight was absurd it looked like a light heavyweight fighting a lightweight.

hardy got taught a lesson in his last fight, i would expect that he will come to fight and finish to earn back some of that respect, johnson who hasn't had a fight in how long ? his cardio is questionable and is cutting weight.

i would expect hardy to keep a fast pace moving and counter striking, maybe shooting when johnson over commits or becomes tired.

i expect johnson to stand and trade wading in with long stiff punches and kicks, as condit KO'd hardy i feel johnson thinks this is how he will make a spectacular finish and get noticed.

IMO johnson should be at lhw or mw. but hey cant wait to see what will happen.

Hardy to leg kick the **** out of Johnson' date=' if Johnson doesn't make weight again he should lose all his match purse it's a joke he hasn't already been told look you have to move weight.[/quote']

Or Hardy could just poke him in the eye. Johnson must have a natural resistance to that by now!:)

This.....I really think Hardy is overrated, he shouldn't be considered a top 10 guy....with that said, I hope Johnson is in shape so we get a good fight because I'm sure Hardy will be....I can't see Hardy finishing Johnson on the feet, highly doubt it...but I can see Johnson getting tired and thus being outworked....if Johnson mixes the striking with the wrestling, he'll throw Hardy off and will be a in better position to finish him

Dan Hardy....But it's not going to be the 'slugfest' they're making out... Hardy will try to outpoint him with footwork, and Rumble will 'at least' be looking for the takedowns in the 2nd half of each round to secure points.

Both desperate for the win!!!

Hardy to leg kick the **** out of Johnson' date=' if Johnson doesn't make weight again he should lose all his match purse it's a joke he hasn't already been told look you have to move weight.[/quote']

He knows (AJ) that he's out on his **** if he misses weight again.

This.....I really think Hardy is overrated' date=' he shouldn't be considered a top 10 guy....with that said, I hope Johnson is in shape so we get a good fight because I'm sure Hardy will be....I can't see Hardy finishing Johnson on the feet, highly doubt it...but I can see Johnson getting tired and thus being outworked....if Johnson mixes the striking with the wrestling, he'll throw Hardy off and will be a in better position to finish him[/quote']

Pretty good post, I agree witht this. Hoping Rumble can make weight comfortably, He should hook up with the person who handled Alves' weight cut for his last fight. Thiago is a big dude and made the 170 easily and looked fresh for the entire fight.

Tough fight to call. Stand up I think they compare well. Rumble is the bigger guy and has better wrestling,ground game but he is coming off a year injury layoff and rumor has it started camp at 230lbs. So that massive weight cut could affect him.

Before I can call the fight need to see the weigh ins today to see if Rumble even makes weight and how he looks.

Archived