Should the UFC get tougher?

TechniqueSeeker

Should the UFC get tougher on the whole team mate fighting team mate issue? This isn't the IFL. The format in the UFC is to match up the best fighter against the best fighter. IMO, get with the program or get out. I understand loyalty to a team, however, this is an individual sport to find out who is the best fighter.

If the title's on the line, find out who is number one. If it's not, there's no point in doing a teammate fight and getting two guys who had unusual training camps and disrupting the way a gym runs when each could just as easily be matched with another fighter around the same level.

Only if the fighters agree to it. If a fighter says no to a title shot, then too bad for him. He misses out on a big opportunity.

If I was the number one contender and my brother was the champion, I would NEVER ASK for a shot at the title. But if I was given the opportunity to fight for the title, I wouldn't say no either. What's the worst that could happen? You lose the the fight to someone you're close to.

If the fighters don't want to fight then I don't see a big deal. It's their decision and I don't want to see a fight where two guys aren't giving their all. Some guys can put their emotions aside and give a war and some guys can't separate their feelings from fighting. Each person and situation is different.

If the fighters don't want to fight then I don't see a big deal. It's their decision and I don't want to see a fight where two guys aren't giving their all. Some guys can put their emotions aside and give a war and some guys can't separate their feelings from fighting. Each person and situation is different.

You're right it is absolutely their decision not to fight. But they work for the UFC. Refusing to work would get anyone fired. Those guys that can't put their emotions aside have picked the wrong career. This is not a team sport!

Archived