Sign in to follow this  
Flying_Lotus

Twister Eddie

Wow who saw that coming I also watch 10th planet vids on youtube that submission was awesome and so clean Rogan was excited lol. Jung played it smart this time and tooled Leonards corny ***.

That's got to be sub of the night!

I'd be very surprised if it isn't a leading candidate for sub of the year. It's a sub which is so rarely attempted in professional MMA, it deserves to be recognised if pulled off successfully.

I'd be very surprised if it isn't a leading candidate for sub of the year. It's a sub which is so rarely attempted in professional MMA' date=' it deserves to be recognised if pulled off successfully.[/quote']

Yah know I'm suprised that G-Sot hasn't pulled off any 10th planet subs yet.

Bravo was probably high as a kite if he watched that fight

If that were me it'd rank up in one of my greatest accomplishments. Creating a sub so good that someone who doesn't even train with him used it to win a UFC match. That's what I call a legacy.

i had it on our big screen at my job im a life guard at a resort and wen i saw the sub coming on and garcia fighting off then tap i was like running in place and then the tap came i turned around and full body flex like chuck liddel and let out a big RHAWWWWWWWWW...it freaked out the little kids by me hahah i know i will hear it 2morrow from my bosses hahah

Okay, I know he learned it from a Bravo YT vid, but it is not Eddie's invented submission, he just demonstrated it, it's a neck crank that has existed a long time.

I'm sure many know this, but allot of people are hailing it as a 10th Planet sub, and it's really not.

Okay' date=' I know he learned it from a Bravo YT vid, but it is [i']not[/i] Eddie's invented submission, he just demonstrated it, it's a neck crank that has existed a long time.

I'm sure many know this, but allot of people are hailing it as a 10th Planet sub, and it's really not.

its jsut eddie had shown it more and became like the flag waver 4 this sub...it is not tought or advaceted in alot of BJJ schools just like how ankle locks were hated by the gracies until rickson used it in a torny then it was accepted by the BJJ world...eddie is a true trail blazer for alot of things BJJ like not caring to use the Gi

Okay' date=' I know he learned it from a Bravo YT vid, but it is [i']not[/i] Eddie's invented submission, he just demonstrated it, it's a neck crank that has existed a long time.

Nah, I'm on Eddie's side on this one unless you can prove me wrong.

"After all, I had wrestled in high school and it seemed somewhat similar to this submission stuff. Immediately I began thinking about the Twister, the only move I had walked away with after two years on the wrestling mats."

Taken from "Jiu-Jitsu Unleashed" by Eddie Bravo with Erich Krauss. Introduction chapter, page 4.

He took that move and brought it into Jiu Jitsu. It is an illegal move in BJJ tournaments because it is a neck crank and BJJ tournaments don't allow neck cranks. He tells about how he came up with twister side control to to more effectively set-up the twister submission.

korean zombie adds to his cult following; lead by me; with a possible sub of the year candidate? **** yeah.

give him a trophy to put next to fight of the year 2010.

completely different game plan this time vs. garcia; not letting those judges get the better of him this time; he kept his word and finished it just like he said; great to ****ing watch that fight tonight with some drinks.

BTW i threw up in my mouth when i heard earlier in the thread lentz finished a ****ing fight... wtf... 2012 is upon us, korean zombies ay'where :eek: