Sign in to follow this  
jacob20

Phil davis is a joke

Lol this dude sucks ***' date=' if he wouldn't pull off that lay an pray he been done he is nothing an will never see a shot at the belt[/quote']

So.....you say he sucks because his takedowns were getting stuffed? He had good fights up to this point and now he sucks because he didnt have a cool submission or constant domination?????????? ya.....keep believing that

Nothing wrong with Nog stuffing his takedowns. I bet you all Lil Nog was mostly training for was wrestling and takedown defence. He knows Davis is a good wrestler, and he has trouble with his last opponents.

he is still very good but LOL at the people who think he could ever beat Jones

I apologise on behalf of all the members on this forum who like to discuss possible problematic match ups for champions as opposed to just hanging off of their nuts.

So.....you say he sucks because his takedowns were getting stuffed? He had good fights up to this point and now he sucks because he didnt have a cool submission or constant domination?????????? ya.....keep believing that

This right here. And Nog did a bang up job stuffing. Davis has to improve his boxing though for sure to be in the title picture.

because they both do the same exact thing?

Ehh I'd assume they're about on the same place on the ladder at this point.

A win over Tito does nothing for Bader to be honest.

I apologise on behalf of all the members on this forum who like to discuss possible problematic match ups for champions as opposed to just hanging off of their nuts.

Thiago Silva is the real threat to Jones, just sayin lol.

Ehh I'd assume they're about on the same place on the ladder at this point.

A win over Tito does nothing for Bader to be honest.

pretty much. Though Its sad to see that these champion wrestlers can barely takedown the stand-up Nog lol

Lol this dude sucks ***' date=' if he wouldn't pull off that lay an pray he been done he is nothing an will never see a shot at the belt[/quote']

Davis doesnt suck...thats just stupi d...hes nowhere near Bones...end thread;)

pretty much. Though Its sad to see that these champion wrestlers can barely takedown the stand-up Nog lol

Lol it's alright a Bader vs. Davis match-up sounds exciting though.

We might see a double KO if they shoot at the same time :D

They should not put Phil Davis on main events of anything. Nearly fell asleep. But Phil Davis can win by decision against alot of guys in LHW i believe but he should be at the beginning of main cards. I saw MMA Live hyping up phil davis to be future contendor for Jon Jones and thats a joke.

Lol no i couldn't care any less bout his takedowns, Hell he couldn't do anything from the ground either other then the one time that he got lucky to pin lil nog on the cage an he had nothing in the stand up game!

lol maybe over hyped but not a joke, he on par with ryan bader right now

Thiago Silva is the real threat to Jones' date=' just sayin lol.[/quote']

That's your opinion, that's cool.

Jon Jones is extremely talented and I suspect that he'll be champion for a long time, but I'm of the opinion that no man can be branded "unbeatable" until he's defeated every type of fighter that his division has to offer. Jones has obliterated everyone that's been given to him but that doesn't mean there's no one in the division who can ever topple him.

That's your opinion' date=' that's cool.

Jon Jones is extremely talented and I suspect that he'll be champion for a long time, but I'm of the opinion that no man can be branded "unbeatable" until he's defeated every type of fighter that his division has to offer. Jones has obliterated everyone that's been given to him but that doesn't mean there's no one in the division who can ever topple him.[/quote']

Exactly everyones jumping the gun on the LHW champion again.

You_mad_grimace.jpg

Na just little tired of all these so called fighters being so hyped when all they do is try an lay on the other guy after getting hit or even before, it's kinda getting sad specially from johnson

That's your opinion' date=' that's cool.

Jon Jones is extremely talented and I suspect that he'll be champion for a long time, but I'm of the opinion that no man can be branded "unbeatable" until he's defeated every type of fighter that his division has to offer. Jones has obliterated everyone that's been given to him but that doesn't mean there's no one in the division who can ever topple him.[/quote']

I agree, I really like bones i think he is the best thing to happen in the lhw division in awhile but come on this aint a new story, a young fighter with a win streak and a style that no one can figure out it aint new. Someone will get him eventually.

Exactly everyones jumping the gun on the LHW champion again.

And with good reason, in their defense. It's easy to see how a fighter with Jones's resume can be regarded so highly so quickly. I just dislike people who brand a fighter as unbeatable and mock any member who even speculates as to how another fighter in the division might present a threat. The hardcore Anderson fans are the worst for this in my opinion. Start a thread talking about how a guy in the division could present a stylistic threat and you'll just be shot down and called a hater.

yeh on one side you have people saying that jones is unbeatable and then on the other you have people saying that he sucks and that he will lose the title in his next fight whilst completely disregarding any other of his skills. Its black or white on these forums there is no grey...

Na just little tired of all these so called fighters being so hyped when all they do is try an lay on the other guy after getting hit or even before' date=' it's kinda getting sad specially from johnson[/quote']

You're delusional kid first of all Johnson never got hit once from Hardy and secon Phil fired head and leg kicks at Nog, he was grappling with a Nogueria of course it's going to be hard for him to pass. It takes two to tango you slouch.

lol lay & prey?

rumble johnson did more lay & prey then phil davis. davis was throwing bombs on the ground, if nog wasn't as tough as he is you'd have tko via g'n'p. how many high kicks did he throw at nog???

OP needs to stfu. Nog said he would KO him standing, it didn't happen.

Nog didn't sub him on the ground like he said either. PD fought a very good fight.

Na just little tired of all these so called fighters being so hyped when all they do is try an lay on the other guy after getting hit or even before' date=' it's kinda getting sad specially from johnson[/quote']

if you dont like the ground game then watch k1 or boxing

Phil Davis turned pro 2 years and 5 months ago.

What do you expect someone so new to the sport to do against a blackhouse fighter with 10 years experience, high level jiu jitsu and high level boxing? oh yeah. reckless ground n pound to please Jacob20. It was clear that Phil was defensive in Nog's guard and you could see him open up when he got his back.

He also showed the ability to adapt after getting all his takedown attempts stuffed and tagged with lefts in the first round. He got a single leg working and showed he can pace himself with ground strikes and guard passes.

Yeah 9-0 in under 3 years with a win against a legend. Phil Davis and the other LHWs should just give up now, right?

EDIT: give this a read (if you can)

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/27/for-the-last-time-phil-davis-is-not-jon-jones-and-thats-oka/

Davis would defeat Jon Jones.

Gotta say my money would be on JJ in that fight. Don't like Jones, but I don't really see anyone taking his belt any time soon. It most definitely won't be Griffin taking his belt, despite the recent reforming of the Griffin bandwagon.

so what does that say about Nog?

so what does that say about Nog?

cut him or send him to strikeforce. He brings the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. "I have good subs of my back"

In the wake of Jon Jones' rousing title win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, everyone began looking to Phil Davis as the next "next big thing." He was going to be the man to give Jones a challenge, the one that could match his wrestling prowess and catch up to his creativity. Davis actually won last night, but the reaction around the MMA world seems to be somewhat negative.

Come again? The guy just beat a fighter with a decade of experience, and that's a step backward?

Keep in mind this was his fifth fight in 13 months. That's training camp after training camp after training camp. Regardless of the fact that he's just 26 years old, that's a physical grind the body just isn't designed to take. And all the while, he's been trying to improve his overall skills while preparing for an opponent's individual fight style. Kind of a tall order, don't you think?

Davis -- who took the fight on short notice, by the way -- said afterward he was "falling apart" in camp and didn't always know whether he would be able to go through with it. He's earned himself a long layoff to get healthy, work on his overall game and come back strong. If he just beat a fresh Little Nog on short notice with a beat-up body, how much better do you think he'll be after taking some time off to let his body heal?

Maybe in some ways this win is a blessing. When he returns healthy, the expectations will be more modest,