Sign in to follow this  
Hells_Bartender

Rumble weighed 195lbs come fight night.

yeah, it really is amazing how much he cuts, even though I was expecting a great stand up war you can't blame him for fighting smart, and the smarter he gets then he's really going to become a title contender, with size like his, all you need to do is add skill and knowledge, oh and cardio

its very possible ncaa wrestlers cut aroun 10 pounds and go out on the mat atleast 6 pouns heavier, an thats an hour after weigh ins, these guys get weeks too cut and 24hrs to recover and rehydrate the weight change is crazy

I totally think Rumble should be at MW but if the guy can keep making the weight cut how do you tell him he should be fighting in a higher weight class. I'm so torn over Rumble. Don't no what to think about him.

He said in an post fight interview he's eventually going to 185 because 170 is just too much for him but he's planning to stop gaining weight then dropping it when he has a fight I guess he's going on a strict diet. Maybe he'll move up after he fights Howard or something.

They should weigh them before they enter the ring.

If he is 195 on the day of the fight, what is the point of having a 170lb limit.

It's a farce.

I'm just glad he made 170 this time. He missed the cut twice in prior fights and that really ticked me off. I for one don't care how much weight a guy cuts. As long as he makes it on weigh in day, he could have cut 40 pounds for all I care.

I admit i know nothing about cutting weight and putting it back on. I just find it impossible to weigh 171 one day and in less than 24 hours, ok maybe its 27 hours putting on 24lbs. I understand alot of it is water weight and 7-8lbs gain should be easy but 24lbs??? that just seems impossible to me. Is there anyone who can guarantee it 100% that its not impossible to do, someone who has done it or come really close to it

last I remember GSP weighs 195ish on fight night... I think I saw it on a video... possibly Dana's video blog...

GSP walks around at 187... he might be about 185 come fight day... he is never 195

Rumble was just to big and strong for Hardy...it was pathetic...curious to know what Hardys weight was compared to his LHW opponent at fight day?...lol

I was really glad to see Rumble maintain his cardio throughout 95% of the fight. Given his long layoff and the cut he makes I had my doubts. Kid is a definite force and with some additional training can be top 3 dangerous imho

GSP walks around at 187... he might be about 185 come fight day... he is never 195

He said leading up to the Hardy fight, when he was packing on muscle, that he was 193 before his cut, like during daily training.