Sign in to follow this  
oznatividad

how about bones vs. mr. wonderful

Not really, I mean let's be honest little Nog was beating Davis until he finely started getting lucky with his takedowns an he had nothing for little Nog on the feet.

I can't stand Jones an can't wait to see somebody knock him out, Lets get real he aint even that great an he is a heavyweight playing bully at 205!!

Anyway if jones vs davis happen i see it being a first round Tko for Jones

if davis magically found a way to get jones on the ground he would have a chance. but jones would make davis look like a fool on the feet. davis beat jones and bader in college wrestling though. but thats just wrestling. not mma. jones would own this fight completely

if davis magically found a way to get jones on the ground he would have a chance. but jones would make davis look like a fool on the feet. davis beat jones and bader in college wrestling though. but thats just wrestling. not mma. jones would own this fight completely

I still don't understand why people say Jones is going to suck if he gets taken down. We don't know what he can do.

Exactly! If you're a smart person you should bet your money on him being an absolute monster off of his back rather than the opposite. With his long limbs he could even outstrike other people from his back!! And he should have it easy going for a rubber guard etc.

Agreed. Jones can probably still throw some really vicious elbows from his back. And I think that with how long he is and how much stronger he seems than everyone hes faced it would be tough for anyone to get any solid offense going.

Who knows though...Ive never seen him being even close to getting taken down yet. His closest UFC fight was his 1 sided beat-down of Stephan Bonner and I only say that because Bonner at least survived the whole fight.

Phil Davis is a poor man's Jon Jones..

No he's not, Phil Davis is a homeless man's Jon Jones. He's not as big, not as strong, not as fast, not as athletic, his MMA wrestling is not as good, his MMA judo is not as good, his MMA BJJ doesn't seem to be as strong, and his striking is just plain awful while Jones' is good and just keeps getting better with each fight. Phil Davis is good but he's not anywhere near as great as Jon Jones, he's a one-dimensional wrestler with good BJJ that hasn't translated that well so far into MMA. Jon Jones would destroy Phil Davis, I think Ryan Bader, Matt Hamill, and Vladimir Matyushenko each might beat Phil Davis in a fight right now.

Not really' date=' I mean let's be honest little Nog was beating Davis until he finely started getting lucky with his takedowns an he had nothing for little Nog on the feet.

I can't stand Jones an can't wait to see somebody knock him out, Lets get real he aint even that great an he is a heavyweight playing bully at 205!!

Anyway if jones vs davis happen i see it being a first round Tko for Jones[/quote']

No he wasn't. just saying; your thought process on how that fight was going is off. so; you're wrong. good job. davis was putting together better striking combos on the feet then the vet nog was. Davis gave him multiple headkicks which shows confidence against a fighter like nog.

Nog was also supposed to be superior on the ground yet Davis won there too nullifyng any offence nog had from there.

BTW this thread sucks. it is anti-innovative. it has been beaten to death in other better threads. search function is your friend OP. davis isn't ready for JBJ.

No he wasn't. just saying; your thought process on how that fight was going is off. so; you're wrong. good job. davis was putting together better striking combos on the feet then the vet nog was. Davis gave him multiple headkicks which shows confidence against a fighter like nog.

Nog was also supposed to be superior on the ground yet Davis won there too nullifyng any offence nog had from there.

BTW this thread sucks. it is anti-innovative. it has been beaten to death in other better threads. search function is your friend OP. davis isn't ready for JBJ.

Ok first Little nog's striking is purely Boxing based Not kickboxing so i can see him taking head kicks!!

As far as the ground game, Davis couldn't even get Nog down at first an when he finely did he didn't do anything but lay on him

When did Davis face Jones in collegiate wrestling? Unless you're talking about Junior College, but I doubt it. Jones started competing in MMA after becoming a JUCO champion and did not attend a D1 university...and Davis and Jones are separated by 3 years so I don't think they competed in junior college...I don't think Davis even went to a junior college

Ok first Little nog's striking is purely Boxing based Not kickboxing so i can see him taking head kicks!!

As far as the ground game' date=' Davis couldn't even get Nog down at first an when he finely did he didn't do anything but lay on him[/quote']

Nog is the 10+ year veteran of MMA; he didn't even utilize his boxing on the stand up; phil davis read his range & stayed out of it; despite Nog obviously being a black belt on the ground; Davis gave him multiple opportunities & openings for him to get the TD when he threw those wild head kicks. long story short: it doesn't matter if Davis had trouble getting the TD, because in the later rounds he took Nog down multiple times & smothered Nogs ability to mount any substantial offence the entire fight.

I'll take that performance from somebody with relatively as little time invested in MMA as Davis has compared to a 'legend' like Nog. Davis wasn't in a truely bad position the entire fight; so can't see where your "let's be honest davis was losing" comment came from. It didn't happen.

At the same time' date=' Davis had no offence either on the ground.

Compare this to Jones...[/quote']

Davis shouldn't be compared to Jones. Davis took a big step up in competition accepting the fight vs. a vet like Nog on two weeks notice. He deserves respect for doing so.

Davis isn't on Jon Bones level; but he has the potential to get much better with time. with hardwork put into his camp & rounding out his craft, He has the tools & base to be supremely effective; but Phil Davis isn't Jon Jones, and despite JBJ's relative inexperienced mma status; Phil Davis has even less then half of that time invested.