Sign in to follow this  
Shady_Champ

What is spamming?

I just wanna know. Because I was banned for spamming but I was staying on topic in every post. Is posting fast and staying on topic considered spamming?

I'm only wondering because I don't want to get banned again. Is there a rule against posting a lot? I could see if I was going off Topic but I was staying on topic and having discussion in the nothing thread and posting in pic threads.

Like I said I just want to know that way I don't get banned again for having discussion and replying to topics.

Thanks

Shady.

EDIT: Also I wasn't spamming the board with new threads.

from what I saw it did not look like you were spamming...just looked like you were posting a lot.

I know... I don't get why I was banned. I just want a clear cut definiton of what spamming is.

for sure......3 would have been appropriate i feel....

now the question of will they let him continue after coming off a 7 day ban for doing what he is.now doing.

for sure......3 would have been appropriate i feel....

Shouldn't have been a ban at all. I wasn't spamming I was posting alot. I should have been PM'd a warning of what I was doing wrong. I think if I hadn't announced that I was trying to get to 20k and it hadn't become a big deal that I wouldn't have even been banned.

now the question of will they let him continue after coming off a 7 day ban for doing what he is.now doing.

What am I doing now? Posting pics in pic threads and staying on topic in every thread? I'm doing the same thing as everyone else. I'm just doing it faster.

What am I doing now? Posting pics in pic threads and staying on topic in every thread? I'm doing the same thing as everyone else. I'm just doing it faster.

it's definitely a fine line........but for you to not get some kind of warning like you said.......that's a little fishy.....:confused:

I never thought you should have.been banned. But you are doing the same thing. All I am saying is will they allow it now?if they enforced what ever once they may do it again. We asked Steve why you were banned. He said posting with the intent of boosting post count is. Bannable.

I never thought you should have.been banned. But you are doing the same thing. All I am saying is will they allow it now?if they enforced what ever once they may do it again. We asked Steve why you were banned. He said posting with the intent of boosting post count is. Bannable.

Didn't see that in the rules..

While that may be one of my intentions it's not my sole intention. I enjoy these forums and discussing with people.

Well his tablet should be there for everyone to view and not just be shocked whent they are banned for a week for abiding by the forum rules.

you guys should have a talk..

Didn't see that in the rules..

While that may be one of my intentions it's not my sole intention. I enjoy these forums and discussing with people.

I think that one of your competitors got worried and bribed an official.

I think that one of your competitors got worried and bribed an official.

Haha I wouldn't put it past some people on here. I just PM'd Steve. Hopefully he pms me back. 1/2 the time it's hit or miss when you PM a mod.

Wasting forum bandwidth and creating excessive posts for the mods to look through for no reason other than to increase your post count.

I think this^ is a safe bet.

Wasting forum bandwidth and creating excessive posts for the mods to look through for no reason other than to increase your post count.

IMO As long as he isn't creating a bunch of threads on the same subject I don't see a problem with what he was doing. The forums are a lot quieter now than they were 6 months ago anyway.

Well I like participating in multiple discussions. And I'm sure the bandwidth was fine. No one encured any problems. IMO Had it not been announced that I was trying to hit 20K I would have just flown under the radar and never been banned.

Well I am not saying that I dissagree with either of you, the fact is it's their forum and we have to play by their rules...I mean there is not much we can do about it. If one of them thinks you need a break, lol you're gonna get a break.

Well I am not saying that I dissagree with either of you' date=' the fact is it's their forum and we have to play by their rules...I mean there is not much we can do about it. If one of them thinks you need a break, lol you're gonna get a break.[/quote']

Well it would be nice if we were able to see the rules and not just get smacked with the ban hammer for doing something we didn't know was wrong.

Well it would be nice if we were able to see the rules and not just get smacked with the ban hammer for doing something we didn't know was wrong.

where were the rules when my parents died from a nasty ban

lol It says right in the rules don't spam.

Yet people like this stay..

wheres the fairness with that, my parents did nothing wrong they only questioned how legitimate bas ruttens fights really were.

and then bam! out of no where the ban hammer struck my poor mother

Hey riot what is the actual definition of spamming? I really don't know.

I always thought of it as making a lot of threads about the same topic or fighter within a short period of time or making alot of pointless threads.

300+ per day over a 2 week period = spamming

Just my opinon btw

No it equals taking part in multiple discussions at a time over the course of a day. And posting in my posters thread that was made long before this 20k thing started. I had multiple tabs open, one for the nothing thread,one for the posters thread, one for the outside section and one for the UFC section. Id wait for something was interested in discussing then post in it, if people weren't discussing or taking to long to reply id post in my poster thread until something came up. That's not spamming.

well... if you go back and look at what I was doing right before I got banned... you'll know what spamming is lol. not sure why you were banned for it too. I had a nice 7 day vacation as well.

well... if you go back and look at what I was doing right before I got banned... you'll know what spamming is lol. not sure why you were banned for it too. I had a nice 7 day vacation as well.

you went pudz crazy..lol. but it was in the nothing thread which is made for useless stuff. so yours is debatable to

you went pudz crazy..lol. but it was in the nothing thread which is made for useless stuff. so yours is debatable to

lol I don't think that's why I was banned because before I posted a pic I always said something productive... until I basically counted 100 uninterrupted one number at a time...

lol I don't think that's why I was banned because before I posted a pic I always said something productive... until I basically counted 100 uninterrupted one number at a time...

Yeah. Steve went on a spree..lol

I couldn't tell you.

However, I did learn that bumping old threads in an attempt to knock off some of the troll threads is somehow trolling.

Interesting huh?

I couldn't tell you.

However' date=' I did learn that bumping old threads in an attempt to knock off some of the troll threads is somehow trolling.

Interesting huh?[/quote']

using the search function is trolling?!

They should make it dummy proof then. If a thread is inactive for 30 days its deleted..

yeah I agree, but instead of deleted I think closed would be sufficient.

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social networking spam, television advertising and file sharing network spam.

Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media' date=' digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media: instant messaging spam, Usenet newsgroup spam, Web search engine spam, spam in blogs, wiki spam, online classified ads spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, junk fax transmissions, social networking spam, television advertising and file sharing network spam.[/quote']

i wasn't doing that.