Sign in to follow this  
cruz2990

Mayweather 'turns down $50 million to fight Pacquiao'

What the hell is Mayweather thinkin, turning down this much cash! This fight is far overdue will pretty boy grow a pare and take this fight!

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/84223.html?fb_ref=homepage

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jnr's potential mega-fight appears unlikely to materialise after the latter refused $50 million to step into the ring with his Filipino rival.

The clamour for a bout between the two greats has grown in recent months but negotiations have always managed to hit stumbling blocks, with the pair falling out over the timing of blood tests taken before a possible showdown.

Last month Pacquiao's promoter claimed that Mayweather would only consider fighting the WBO welterweight champion if he was guaranteed to earn $100 million dollars - a request which would mean Pacquiao would have to "fight for nothing", according to Top Rank head Arum.

After the most recent negotiations between the two camps, Pacquiao's Canadian adviser Michael Koncz revealed that $50 million was offered to Mayweather but the American declined the proposal.

"A country that I won't name offered us $100 million to bring the Mayweather fight there," he told abs-cbnNEWS.com. "So we, in turn, offered $50 million to Mayweather as a guarantee. If the pay-per-view comes in higher, Manny and Mayweather would make more. He refused the $50 million… It means he doesn't want to fight Manny at this point in his career. Very simple."

He wants nothing to do with the Pacman. He would get destroyed.

But in realism' date=' boxing is dying. If this fight happens, it will be the end.[/quote']

Yeah but if this fight does not happen you can consider it already dead!

WTF? even if he thinks he'll lose which he probably doesn't how can you turn that other down. I'd happily let Pacquiao knock me the **** out for 100 times less then that.

WTF? even if he thinks he'll lose which he probably doesn't how can you turn that other down. I'd happily let Pacquiao knock me the **** out for 100 times less then that.

And thats not even including the payper view buys, you know this fight would crush the numbers posted in the De La Hoya vs Mayweather fight, so that means they would probably make way more than the 50 mill!

And thats not even including the payper view buys' date=' you know this fight would crush the numbers posted in the De La Hoya vs Mayweather fight, so that means they would probably make way more than the 50 mill![/quote']

Don't know what else he ****ing wants to take the fight. Maybe a night with Pacquiao's wife? Looks like he's doing anything to aviod it.

Mayweather knows trhat he would lose this fight and is doing everything that he can to protect his perfect record.

Too bad that he will always be known for ducking Pacman.

I would gladly fight Pacquiao for 50 million' date=' even 50 thousand, or 5 thousand.[/quote']

Yeah i'd knock Manny out for free.

j/k i'd want at least 10 grand to smash him

He's letting his pride get in the way. He wants people to believe he is the best without proving it. But 50 mil??? I would happily go in and get my *** whooped. Then afterwards, retire and sail away lol.

He's letting his pride get in the way. He wants people to believe he is the best without proving it. But 50 mil??? I would happily go in and get my *** whooped. Then afterwards' date=' retire and sail away lol.[/quote']

Well he will probably end up blowing all his cash soon and needing this fight. I believe that is why he came back out of retirement the last time!

Don't know what else he ****ing wants to take the fight. Maybe a night with Pacquiao's wife? Looks like he's doing anything to aviod it.

He would have to get Manny to agree to have his hands tied behind his back. Even then, Floyd would still have many concerns.

He would have to get Manny to agree to have his hands tied behind his back. Even then' date=' Floyd would still have many concerns.[/quote']

no he would fight him in his cousin's gym in fiji with no camera's pacquaio blindfolded and the allowance of bricks in his gloves

I would fight Manny Pacquiao for that price. Hell I would do it for far less.

Your a fighter..... how much coercion do you need?

This ^^^^^^^

I used to like Floyd but this is getting ridiculous. This is the true meaning of ducking.

Whoa now, this fight would've happened if Pacman would accept the drug tests. Why's everyone making Mayweather out to be the bad guy when Pacquiao is just as much to blame.

Floyd may be avoiding the fight to avoid tarnishing his record, but avoiding the fight will tarnish his lagacy.

Whoa now' date=' this fight would've happened if Pacman would accept the drug tests. Why's everyone making Mayweather out to be the bad guy when Pacquiao is just as much to blame.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure that Manny agreed to the 14 days.

Floyd may be avoiding the fight to avoid tarnishing his record' date=' but avoiding the fight will tarnish his lagacy.

I'm pretty sure that Manny agreed to the 14 days.[/quote']

No one will ever know the true story about the contractual issues. Pacquiao said he agreed, Mayweather said he didn't. It's a game of he said she said and Mayweathers word is just as valid as Pacquiao's. I respect both as boxers equally but Bob Arum is a complete clown and has hated Mayweather ever since he sued him and is trying to do everything in his power to make Mayweather look like the bad guy.

No one will ever know the true story about the contractual issues. Pacquiao said he agreed' date=' Mayweather said he didn't. It's a game of he said she said and Mayweathers word is just as valid as Pacquiao's. I respect both as boxers equally but Bob Arum is a complete clown and has hated Mayweather ever since he sued him and is trying to do everything in his power to make Mayweather look like the bad guy.[/quote']

Mayweathers camp even tried to say that there were no negotiations for the fight at one point, aswell as claiming, with no evidence, that a fighter who has never failed a drug test is on steroids. IMO they just don't seem trustworthy.

Whoa now' date=' this fight would've happened if Pacman would accept the drug tests. Why's everyone making Mayweather out to be the bad guy when Pacquiao is just as much to blame.[/quote']

... your joking, right ?

... the tests pbf's camp asked for were unprecedented, never in the history of boxing has a

boxer been required to give blood 24 hrs before a fight -

... if it quacks like a duck,.. its a mofo duck !

PacLeftovers.jpg

Mayweathers camp even tried to say that there were no negotiations for the fight at one point' date=' aswell as claiming, with no evidence, that a fighter who has never failed a drug test is on steroids. IMO they just don't seem trustworthy.[/quote']

...So why didn't he accept the random drug testing, Pacquiao only accepted the tests 14 days before the fight but Mayweather demanded the tests being taken on the day of the fight which was denied. Pacquiao is just as much to blame as Mayweather, that is all.

...So why didn't he accept the random drug testing' date=' Pacquiao only accepted the tests 14 days before the fight but Mayweather demanded the tests being taken on the day of the fight which was denied. Pacquiao is just as much to blame as Mayweather, that is all.[/quote']

There is no need for a fighter to take a blood test 24 hours before a fight. Manny apparently beleives that taking blood will weaken him too close to the fight. If Mayweather can't comprimise on something that isn't even required to have the match, it is his fault.

... your joking' date=' right ?

... the tests pbf's camp asked for were unprecedented, never in the history of boxing has a

boxer been required to give blood 24 hrs before a fight -

... if it quacks like a duck,.. its a mofo duck !

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/starQhenson/PacLeftovers.jpg[/img]

Both put through the same tests, doesn't put any fighter at a disadvantage, so just accept the terms then shut Mayweather up by beating him. Btw, it's Olympic style drug testing, if Olympians can do it, i'm sure Pacman can.

There is no need for a fighter to take a blood test 24 hours before a fight. Manny apparently beleives that taking blood will weaken him too close to the fight. If Mayweather can't comprimise on something that isn't even required to have the match' date=' it is his fault.[/quote']

Again, Olympic style drug testing. I read somewhere a while ago they take 1 teaspoon of blood out of the bodies total of something like 380 and it doesn't effect your performance at all. If the best olympians in the world go through it, i'm sure pacman can.

Mayweather has an opportunity to participate in the biggest sporting ppv-event

in history & make good money-

Instead, he will be remembered as the damn fool that ducked Pacquiao ...

& for depriving the fans of the "Fight of the Decade"

Again' date=' Olympic style drug testing. I read somewhere a while ago they take 1 teaspoon of blood out of the bodies total of something like 380 and it doesn't effect your performance at all. If the best olympians in the world go through it, i'm sure pacman can.[/quote']

He has already agreed to do this, this all on pretty boy!

Mayweather has an opportunity to participate in the biggest sporting ppv-event

in history & make good money-

Instead' date=' he will be remembered as the damn fool that ducked Pacquiao ...

& for depriving the fans of the "Fight of the Decade"[/quote']

Unfortunately that's how it will be seen due to the handy work of Pacmans team and Bob Arum. Shame that blind fans can't see all of the story, both are to blame.

Again' date=' Olympic style drug testing. I read somewhere a while ago they take 1 teaspoon of blood out of the bodies total of something like 380 and it doesn't effect your performance at all. If the best olympians in the world go through it, i'm sure pacman can.[/quote']

But the point is that olympic style blood testing is not required. He also agreed to it, but not that close to the fight, Mayweathers first demands were for the blood tests 30 days out, now Mayweather is demanding it a day before? Each time Pacquiao agreed, Mayweathers camp thought of something else. Almost all of the blame is on Mayweathers camp IMO

But the point is that olympic style blood testing is not required. He also agreed to it' date=' but not that close to the fight, Mayweathers first demands were for the blood tests 30 days out, now Mayweather is demanding it a day before? Each time Pacquiao agreed, Mayweathers camp thought of something else. Almost all of the blame is on Mayweathers camp IMO[/quote']

OST's are random any point up until the fight, there's no cut off time.

Apologies to my homie Smooth Criminal, but Floyd is a *****. Not even the kind of ***** you want to get close to but an abhorrent one that makes you cry and run away in horror. He has no credibility anymore as a fighter in my eyes.

Why would Pacquiao allow Mayweather to dictate any conditional-terms ?

Floyd needs this fight alot more than Manny ...

Mayweather : (Mayweather has fought twice since 2007)

Judah .. UD

Baldomir .. UD

de la Hoya .. SD

Hatton .. TKO

Marquez .. UD

Mosely .. UD

Pacquiao : (Pacs' record since 2006)

Morales .. TKO

Larios ..UD

Morales .. KO

Solis .. KO

Barrera .. UD

Marquez .. SD

Diaz .. TKO

de la Hoya .. RTD

Hatton .. KO

Cotto .. TKO

Clottey .. UD

Margarito .. UD

Why would Pacquiao allow Mayweather to dictate any conditional-terms ?

Floyd needs this fight alot more than Manny ...

Mayweather : (Mayweather has fought twice since 2007)

Judah .. UD

Baldomir .. UD

de la Hoya .. SD

Hatton .. TKO

Marquez .. UD

Mosely .. UD

Pacquiao :

Morales .. TKO

Larios ..UD

Morales .. KO

Solis .. KO

Barrera .. UD

Marquez .. SD

Diaz .. TKO

de la Hoya .. RTD

Hatton .. KO

Cotto .. TKO

Clottey .. UD

Margarito .. UD

Wtf? I'm not here to argue who's the better boxer or who needs the fight more, I respect both of these boxers equally, I'm just pointing out that we have people like cruz2990 who have all the facts twisted.

Wtf? I'm not here to argue who's the better boxer or who needs the fight more' date=' I respect both of these boxers equally, I'm just pointing out that we have people like cruz2990 who have all the facts twisted.[/quote']

I was pointing out that Floyd dosen't have the cred to be asking for unprecedented conditions,

we know about his financial & legal problems, I would think he needs the mula ...

& Manny's not a power-puncher @ welterweight, so wtf steroids ?

... a lot of Mayweathers reasoning makes little sense -

Wtf? I'm not here to argue who's the better boxer or who needs the fight more' date=' I respect both of these boxers equally, I'm just pointing out that we have people like cruz2990 who have all the facts twisted.[/quote']

Your the one that has it twisted its clear as day Mayweather is ducking Pacman! Have you seen any interviews of Mayweather, Kenny Albert interviewed him on ESPN and was asking him about this fight and pretty boy wouldnt even acknowledge or answer any of the questions. He knows he can't beat him, no true boxer/fighter would turn this fight down!

Any of us would take a fight against Pacquiao (or anyone else) for 50 million, but the money means nothing to Mayweather. He has more already than his grandkids can spend. He doesn't what the fight. Period. That simple. Never gonna happen.

Apologies to my homie Smooth Criminal' date=' but Floyd is a *****. Not even the kind of ***** you want to get close to but an abhorrent one that makes you cry and run away in horror. [b']He has no credibility anymore as a fighter in my eyes[/b].

this ^