Sign in to follow this  
iNOOB

Kris McCray Cut from UFC

McCray got a pretty raw deal. They put him in way over his head against Rocha and then against Hathaway. Honestly, I thought he should have gotten the decision over Hathaway. The first two rounds were pretty close.

McCray got a pretty raw deal. They put him in way over his head against Rocha and then against Hathaway. Honestly' date=' I thought he should have gotten the decision over Hathaway. The first two rounds were pretty close.[/quote']

It was a close fight and I think he proved in that fight that he has the potential to hang with some good fighters. Just needs to work on his cardio. I personally had the fight in Hathaway's favour but I don't think there would have been a huge uproar if it went the other way. The first round went to Kris. The third round went to John. I think John took the second just by being busier. Even when the fight did go to the ground, John was busier until he got back to his feet.

McCray was lucky to have 3 UFC fights. Now with TUF runner ups they give 1 fight after the finale' date=' and if they lose that, its bye bye...[/quote']

I think he got another shot because the Rocha loss was a bit unlucky. He was doing well while is lasted but just made a slight mistake and got caught in a sub. It wasn't like he was dominated start to finish. Plus, I think Dana liked him because he was such a game fighter on the show.

Damn it! Why does the UFC constantly decide to get rid of really good prospects?

oh....no...I got that wrong. They're on top of this - just like McCray's opponents on top of him.