Sign in to follow this  
DISCIPLE_

Question to mods.

In defense to Shin. We have many members that insult and get away with a lot of certain things in threads. You just have to dig deep and you'll see a lot of posters getting away with their hatred/insults/vulgar behavior. That's the whole point. You get these new posters that don't get eyed at all because they're new. The ones that have been here awhile get targeted. That's the problem.

Shin deserved what he got but we have a lot of posters carelessly getting away with the same behavior.

Ok here's the deal. The UFC forums are very transient. They get new membership constantly that replaces those who leave. Like it or not, I doubt very much that their overall membership numbers have been affected by the mass exodus of 2011.

Here's what I find a little unfair. Being a long time member you build e-friendships and invest your time into the site. You do so voluntarily, so its natural to develop an affinity towards the site. The harsh reality is: We really don't matter to them.

This is a corporate owned site for a big boy company. They want die hards visiting here regularly, purchasing ad products, buying merchandise, and of course PPVs and live events. If you're a 09er, 10er, or 11er this is all they care about.

Now the mods are people too, and we get to know them and think of them as e-friends too. They will never put a poster before their duties as a moderator. This may bother some people, but understanding this is important. Mods are also people, prone to make mistakes, and even play favorites and hold grudges. If you're getting banned for not breaking the rules I gotta tell you that should send you a clear message. You are bucking and not conforming so don't expect the hammer to leave you be. Either change your behavior or go elsewhere, complaining about it won't do anything.

Anyhow peace out till next time (unless I get the hammer too). :D

Ok here's the deal. The UFC forums are very transient. They get new membership constantly that replaces those who leave. Like it or not' date=' I doubt very much that their overall membership numbers have been affected by the mass exodus of 2011.

Here's what I find a little unfair. Being a long time member you build e-friendships and invest your time into the site. You do so voluntarily, but its natural to develop an affinity towards the site. The harsh reality is: We really don't matter to them.

This is a corporate owned site for a big boy company. They want die hards visiting here regularly, purchasing ad products, buying merchandise, and of course PPVs and live events. If you're a 09er, 10er, or 11er this is all they care about.

Now the mods are people too, and we get to know them and think of them as e-friends too. They will never put a poster before their duties as a moderator. This may bother some people, but understanding this is important. Mods are also people, prone to make mistakes, and even play favorites and hold grudges. If you're getting banned firmly breaking the rules I gotta tell you that should send you a clear message. You are bucking and not conforming so don't expect the hammer to leave you be. Either change your behavior or go elsewhere, complaining about it won't do anything.

Anyhow peace out till next time (unless I get the hammer too). :D[/quote']

Banned.

:P

In all honesty. I've been here awhile and it is in fact a popularity contest. The ones that get the most recognition try to eek away with more. Yet they come back complaining and wonder why. They've been here long enough to know what to do and not what to do. Just because every other poster gets away with things doesn't mean the senior most active member can get away with it.

That's not true' date=' though.

Before Kranga and Zerk were banned for 'trolling', nobody knew that it was against the rules to bump old threads. As I said before, that has been common practice, in ANY forum, for years!

Also, how is staying within the topic of the thread considered 'spamming'?

Sure, Shady was making a LOT of posts.. but he was sitting here all day and keeping the discussion relevant to the topic of the thread. Who knew you could be banned for that?

I see both sides of the coin and see that some of the respectful members that have got the ban hammer have been banned like they will never be forgotten. Members that come to mind that are always here and should get to come back are KFM,Dcent Shady. There may be more but those are the ones I enjoyed reading.

I'm sure there was things going on that really tempted the mods to ban and dismiss their behavior whatever it may be.

In all fairness, KFM actually asked for the ban.

Though I did enjoy his posts. It's nice to see him over at CD now.

Yet we have trolls come here all the time and can be entertaining but it also makes the people that want to discuss MMA just avoid this site or want to not participate. Especially since the ones that are always here and liked...are gone.

UFCFAIL1 is over at CD. That sucks lol

I understand what Brew is saying because I've only been banned once and that was for a fight gif. It's more of the posters fault than the mods fault. Posters try to get away with so much now and test the mods patience. I can tell you with the circus we have here some days. I wouldn't be so patient if I were the mods.

Brew took his time to actually explain what's going on. The only problem is we have the buddy system that calls out the mods and questions their rules and their calls on certain bans. People don't get banned for no reason.

Shady's first ban stated: "No reason given"

I'm just spewing anything right now but I think if there was none of this banning. We would be flooded with garbage on this forum. It may be quiet but that's something you don't question the mods. You actually question the poster that's been here long enough to know the rules.

I still stand by my request though and to bring back Dcent and KFM. Shady just needed a fair warning and he would have listened. They posted her so much I'm sure they didn't want to get banned and were stoked about it. They were active here and deserve a tiny bit of respect from the mods. Since I'm sure the mods have had decent conversations with the ex members.

You're complaining about the forum being flooded with garbage, but want to bring back Dcent and KFM? :P

To be fair' date=' I haven't been on in a few days. My laptop somehow ended up with that MS Removal virus, and it's been causing me hell. I'm on my desktop right now, but I rarely use it :P

So once again, I apologize for being wrong about Shinny.

I will continue to stand by Shady, though. I still don't feel he deserved his initial bans.[/quote']

In defense to Shin. We have many members that insult and get away with a lot of certain things in threads. You just have to dig deep and you'll see a lot of posters getting away with their hatred/insults/vulgar behavior. That's the whole point. You get these new posters that don't get eyed at all because they're new. The ones that have been here awhile get targeted. That's the problem.

Shin deserved what he got but we have a lot of posters carelessly getting away with the same behavior.

1. You should lay off the **** sites, they will destroy your PC.

2. You should consider going Mac.

3. @ BodyMod ... The mods can't see everything all the time.

4. I liked Shady's posts, but his desire to be the forum post whoar was getting old.

5. The forum needed new blood.

6. Does Shady actually have a job? :D

1. You should lay off the **** sites' date=' they will destroy your PC.

2. You should consider going Mac.

3. @ BodyMod ... The mods can't see everything all the time.

4. I liked Shady's posts, but his desire to be the forum post whoar was getting old.

5. The forum needed new blood.

6. Does Shady actually have a job? :D[/quote']

Actually, it wasn't even from pr0n.

I was reading something about some website and decided to check it out. 5 minutes later, that crap popped up.

I would post a link, but would rather not subject people to the same fate.

Also, I HATE Apple. :P

Actually' date=' it wasn't even from pr0n.

I was reading something about some website and decided to check it out. 5 minutes later, that crap popped up.

I would post a link, but would rather not subject people to the same fate.

Also, I [b']HATE[/b] Apple. :P

haha... Dude, I was PC forever, and about 8 years ago I went Mac and it's been great. My Macs never fail me. My PC's always have something going on. Never gotten a virus on my Mac, and they handle a lot more processing with less effort.

haha... Dude' date=' I was PC forever, and about 8 years ago I went Mac and it's been great. My Macs never fail me. My PC's always have something going on. Never gotten a virus on my Mac, and they handle a lot more processing with less effort.[/quote']

Yeah, I know that they make a quality product.

I just hate the new Apple craze. It drives me nuts. :D

i think the problem is very apparent. People post nonsense all day long and for some odd reason think their post count equals some sort of respect and honor. "if" we are being adults about it' date=' i really dont see the issue. People got banned, big deal, were they allowed back? If they were, its there fault if they post an immature drunken rant full of obscenities thinking their cool behind a computer. This is just a place to talk mma and have fun (in a mature way), not meet soulmates, have popularity contests, or be keyboard warriors. Im glad things slowed down recently, way too much garbage being posted recently imo.[/quote']

+1000

In all honesty. I've been here awhile and it is in fact a popularity contest. The ones that get the most recognition try to eek away with more. Yet they come back complaining and wonder why. They've been here long enough to know what to do and not what to do. Just because every other poster gets away with things doesn't mean the senior most active member can get away with it.

i would agree with this first bit

This Forum is a bit of a popularity contest

Some enjoy the popularity and so strive to earn more and sometimes think to gain that next up popularity they had to cross the line which i suppose is not acceptable.

some people need to feel popular not saying this recent bannings have anything to do with it but some people trolls mainly do it for the reaction and thus get known quicker throughout the forum. They feed on the popularity i would say.

where as some members stroll through the forums leaving their piece and leaving and are able to discuss things in a intellectual manner.

posters here come in 3 categorises as far as i can see it

1. Trolls - we all know then start threads to get a rise out of people as the strive for the attention (Spuda SCO and the like)

2. Embers - the ones that post leave there peace and leave rarely gets noticed as people need drama to even care about there opinions most of the time but are usually the best members (HappyHamer, Cayne, TUF1 and alike)

and

3. THE HOLY**** THAT GUYS ON FIRE - the posters that are not neccesary trolls but gain a rise from people but also hold some real intellegence but can push the boat out a little bit (Shady , Fast and Shin)

really we need all three for a forum to excell in my opinion we need trolls to give us a wee break once in a while and to be honest it is funner when there is a decent troll about, the embers to keep the sanity and the fire to also keep us entertained.

but we are slowly running out of the critical 2 IMO in which is the trolls and the fire's if the mods ban them all first off instead of warnings first we will soon be left with only embers and then although the forum will be more intellectual and more post's will to be on the point of the matter the forum will become boring and people will leave anyway.

and yes i used a crappy fire metaphor so sue me

im terrible at metaphors haha

I don't doubt that' date=' like I say, I don't know any of you but the banter/interplay between you is all good natured. But when someone (not you, btw) flames on anyone, a noob or a longer member when they contradict a normally troll post, you can see why a mod wouldn't want happening.

The whole no 11ing is also not on. Yes, some of them (one in particular) is a freakin idiot but this is a sport bordering on mainstream and new members should not be treated with utter contempt for not agreeing with a more established member. New members are what the mods want, correctly, as they are essential for the growth of the sport. If they join and get flamed on like CD part 2 they will go elsewhere. This sport is not for us alone, everyones PPV is the same price (in respective countries) and they all pay their share.

Like I say, I have never had any problems with any of you guys, I'm not on here enough, but it isn't the friendly conversation between you that results in a ban.

The thread about nothing deletion and subsequent[b'] reinstation [/b]is questionable though.

I have reconsidered my post and have decided reinstation isn't actually a word.

Apologies for any confusion.

Ehh the only time I look at post counts is to see if they're banned members,though I do like calling them 11ers for fun.. I like Shady,but in all honesty he is starting to be a crybaby over the whole thing,get over it or move along..If it weren't for the Owl I'd be perma banned,cause I asked for it,he just banned me for 3 days to let me think about my decisions..Yes I think the 7 day ban was a bit much,but damn to keep whining in such a way is just childish BS..If you don't like it here make your way to CD,they're in desperate need of new members..

i would agree with this first bit

This Forum is a bit of a popularity contest

Some enjoy the popularity and so strive to earn more and sometimes think to gain that next up popularity they had to cross the line which i suppose is not acceptable.

some people need to feel popular not saying this recent bannings have anything to do with it but some people trolls mainly do it for the reaction and thus get known quicker throughout the forum. They feed on the popularity i would say.

where as some members stroll through the forums leaving their piece and leaving and are able to discuss things in a intellectual manner.

posters here come in 3 categorises as far as i can see it

1. Trolls - we all know then start threads to get a rise out of people as the strive for the attention (Spuda SCO and the like)

2. Embers - the ones that post leave there peace and leave rarely gets noticed as people need drama to even care about there opinions most of the time but are usually the best members (HappyHamer' date=' Cayne, TUF1 and alike)

and

3. THE HOLY**** THAT GUYS ON FIRE - the posters that are not neccesary trolls but gain a rise from people but also hold some real intellegence but can push the boat out a little bit (Shady , Fast and Shin)

really we need all three for a forum to excell in my opinion we need trolls to give us a wee break once in a while and to be honest it is funner when there is a decent troll about, the embers to keep the sanity and the fire to also keep us entertained.

but we are slowly running out of the critical 2 IMO in which is the trolls and the fire's if the mods ban them all first off instead of warnings first we will soon be left with only embers and then although the forum will be more intellectual and more post's will to be on the point of the matter the forum will become boring and people will leave anyway.

and yes i used a crappy fire metaphor so sue me

im terrible at metaphors haha[/quote']

I think I have met all 3 categories one time or another on here lol.

Where did you find that gif of Riot? :D

My cover has been blown!

Act natural.....

I raged

netherage.gif

omg look at the guy in yellow beside her...I think its her bf/ husband.

Poor son of a ***** :D

Where did you find that gif of Riot? :D

I have a camera on him at all times

My cover has been blown!

Act natural.....

omg look at the guy in yellow beside her...I think its her bf/ husband.

Poor son of a ***** :D

my dad acts like that lady at football games

Hammers and Spurs do have some strange fans.

lol good catch ... my eyes must be going bad

I think there should be a section of the forum where the mods post why a member received a ban.

i made a "police round up" thread and wanted them to sticky it for that reason but never happened....someone bump it!

Question:

why the **** did shady get banned... Again?

answer:

how come that girl riot is so pissed off...?

images?q=tbn:and9gcskcm3zi6w2rltbdsv-5xa3vge-0ahioukgegr8wxuqfyrkm4j2vq&t=1

10833-big_balls.jpg

cassell.jpg

ill never say you dont havem shady....guts that is

*(i missed the video' date=' hoping for a sequel...:D[/quote']

i made a "police round up" thread and wanted them to sticky it for that reason but never happened....someone bump it!

Bumping old threads will lead to a ban!

Dunskies

Why the **** did Shady get banned... again?

Refer to sig.

Bumping old threads will lead to a ban!

uh oh....:D

exactly my point, every time someone gets banned there won't be 3000 posts about it.

There you go mods i have made a helpful suggestion. Make it a locked thread that only mods can post on, but we can view.

Also Ive been banned twice and I don't know why. Really don't care though.....

I closed and deleted his thread. He was banned because his posts are not what we continually want posted here at UFC.com. His posts would be fine if he simply learned to remove the constant insults hurled at those who don't share his opinion.

So what you doing about defsteve.. When are you going to de-mod him?

Hahaha' date=' did he show his nuts??? UAHahahaha[/quote']

For real. I saw them...It was hilarious.

I think he meant to moon the camera, but well.....I guess odd camera angles can make fools of us all :D

For real. I saw them...It was hilarious.

I think he meant to moon the camera' date=' but well.....I guess odd camera angles can make fools of us all :D[/quote']

hahah man ... I'm so pissed I missed that .. I can't tell if it's funnier that it was an accident or when I thought it was on purpose ...

I see both sides of the coin and see that some of the respectful members that have got the ban hammer have been banned like they will never be forgotten. Members that come to mind that are always here and should get to come back are KFM' date='Dcent Shady. There may be more but those are the ones I enjoyed reading.

I'm sure there was things going on that really tempted the mods to ban and dismiss their behavior whatever it may be.

Yet we have trolls come here all the time and can be entertaining but it also makes the people that want to discuss MMA just avoid this site or want to not participate. Especially since the ones that are always here and liked...are gone.

I understand what Brew is saying because I've only been banned once and that was for a fight gif. It's more of the posters fault than the mods fault. Posters try to get away with so much now and test the mods patience. I can tell you with the circus we have here some days. I wouldn't be so patient if I were the mods.

Brew took his time to actually explain what's going on. The only problem is we have the buddy system that calls out the mods and questions their rules and their calls on certain bans. People don't get banned for no reason.

I'm just spewing anything right now but I think if there was none of this banning. We would be flooded with garbage on this forum. It may be quiet but that's something you don't question the mods. You actually question the poster that's been here long enough to know the rules.

I still stand by my request though and to bring back Dcent and KFM. Shady just needed a fair warning and he would have listened. They posted her so much I'm sure they didn't want to get banned and were stoked about it. They were active here and deserve a tiny bit of respect from the mods. Since I'm sure the mods have had decent conversations with the ex members.[/quote']

Here's the thing guy... over the course since I've been here, that has continuously changed.

So what you doing about defsteve.. When are you going to de-mod him?

Mods are a team. They will not go against each other. It's best for the forum that way..

Here's the thing guy... over the course since I've been here' date=' that has continuously changed.[/quote']

I don't disagree with any opinions that are thrown at me with my posts. I just state how I see it. We all have our opinions and I'll have to agree with yours. I haven't been here since 09 but I'm just stating my opinion from what I have seen on this site.

hahah man ... I'm so pissed I missed that .. I can't tell if it's funnier that it was an accident or when I thought it was on purpose ...

Believe me bro, you didn't miss anything but a drunken rant with dingle berries and a ball sack at the end. :D

Any mod can answer but specifically Steve. Just curious about your side of this.. what are your thoughts of all the members leaving.

Hopefully this isn't deleted I came at you professionally.

I was banned for totally false reasons. Completely and totally bogus. In this place it's not what you do, it's who you know. They let their buddies get away with anything and ban good posters based on lies.

Truth.