Just how important is the GSP vs Shields fight?

JHenry

Aside from fighter rankings and what not, another yet to be determined factor lies in the outcome of this fight.

I realized (well applied it in this manor) earlier just how many high level fighters are under Cesar Gracie. So in essence if Jacksons golden boy is defeated at the hands of Shields will the premier MMA Camp be switched from Jacksons to Gracies?

Alot of Jacksons fighters are there because they felt Jacksons was the place to be to further their career. But if Shields could defeat GSP would there be a possibilty of more and more fighters seeking out Cesar Gracie as their trainer?

Just a thought

if GSP wins it really does nothing to boost his status....just another one dimensional fighter he has taken out and people will be demanding him to move up and fight better opponents like anderson silva

however if GSP loses, it will be just like the serra upset. A rematch will be in order and you will never hear the end of it from the haters.

if GSP wins it really does nothing to boost his status....just another one dimensional fighter he has taken out and people will be demanding him to move up and fight better opponents like anderson silva

however if GSP loses' date=' it will be just like the serra upset. A rematch will be in order and you will never hear the end of it from the haters.[/quote']

You said it.

This is a really good point. If you look back through the history of the UFC and MMA in general there have been times where different camps were dominant or had numerous top guys at the same time. You had Chute Box way back. Team Miletich had Hughes, Franklin, and Silvia all as champ at the same time. Team Quest had Couture, Henderson and Lindland all in their prime. Nowadays you've got Jacksons camp, AKA and American Top Team that seem to be the dominant camps. I don't know if I would consider Ceasar Gracies Camp the top with a Shields win but it would be quite a statement.

however if GSP loses' date=' it will be just like the serra upset. A rematch will be in order and you will never hear the end of it from the haters.[/quote']

this is why this fight is the most important fight of gsp's career. If he loses, it won't be by a lucky tko, it'll be because someone had better skill. His legacy will be ruined, as gsp is still in his prime and all his work to be considered the best ever will be for nothing. Especially if he loses/doesn't get a rematch.

Aside from fighter rankings and what not' date=' another yet to be determined factor lies in the outcome of this fight.

I realized (well applied it in this manor) earlier just how many high level fighters are under Cesar Gracie. So in essence if Jacksons golden boy is defeated at the hands of Shields will the premier MMA Camp be switched from Jacksons to Gracies?

Alot of Jacksons fighters are there because they felt Jacksons was the place to be to further their career. But if Shields could defeat GSP would there be a possibilty of more and more fighters seeking out Cesar Gracie as their trainer?

Just a thought[/quote']

bro, u just gotta live ur life a quarter mile at a time

it depends on how he loses, if he gets subbed early i could see him having to fight fitch before he gets another title shot. but if the fight goes to a decision a rematch is almost a guarantee.

with that being said i have gsp 4th round tko :)

Archived