Seagal Bandwagon... are you on or off?

ChickenFajita

one more frontkick and I'm on like donkey kong... 1 can be lucky, 2 can be coincidental, 3 means there's something to it :)

Although when you're talking about guys like Anderson and Machida, it's no surprise they can pull off those kind of kicks anyway.

Under Siege for the win! I'm definitely not buying into some Seagal super training program being responsible for what happened last night. Randy looked to be in a completely different world in regards to the standup after the first minute of the first round. I was waiting for him to get caught it was inevitable.

I believe hes very well versed at technique, so for that I can give him credit. But to me he is and always will be a movie tough guy only. Silva and Machida are the fighters, they're the ones willing to do it in a real fight, the credit goes to them, no matter how they learned it.

Man forget that fat guy. I don't think he can do it himself. Well I don't think he could ever kick someone that high. Forget that fatty. I don't like him. He can say all he wants yeah teach this teach that, black belt, 30+ years of karate. I don't care he's too fat to be kicking that high. That is all.

Man forget that fat guy. I don't think he can do it himself. Well I don't think he could ever kick someone that high. Forget that fatty. I don't like him. He can say all he wants yeah teach this teach that' date=' black belt, 30+ years of karate. I don't care he's too fat to be kicking that high. That is all.[/quote']

I know fat guys that can kick over their heads Sammo Hung Kam-Bo the guy in the beginning of Enter the Dragon that was sparring with Bruce and Bruce Arm barred him has sick kicks for a fat dude. I lived in Korea for 2 years and seen fat Koreans do TWD kicks that were amazing. If your flexible in your hips you can kick over your head.. I think Seagal could throw a front kick over his head a roundhouse or side kick I am not sure about. Check Sammo out..

Seagal is such a ****ing joke. You taught a Karate guy a front kick? Really now **** off.

Do you understand the concept of modifying technique? If Seagal is a joke and a liar, how come Silva AND Machida credit him directly for what they accomplished? Seriously, some of the thirteen year olds in here who don't know **** from shinola need to STFU.

Do you understand the concept of modifying technique? If Seagal is a joke and a liar' date=' how come Silva AND Machida credit him directly for what they accomplished? Seriously, some of the thirteen year olds in here who don't know **** from shinola need to STFU.[/quote']

He didn't modify ****, he is just stealing credit. What a tool.

He didn't modify ****' date=' he is just stealing credit. What a tool.[/quote']

How is he "stealing" credit when Anderson and Machida willingly gave it to him? Not only that, they personally wrote him a letter and asked to be trained by him before any of this happened. Don't try so hard to be a retard just because you wanna knock a guy.

Under Siege for the win! I'm definitely not buying into some Seagal super training program being responsible for what happened last night. Randy looked to be in a completely different world in regards to the standup after the first minute of the first round. I was waiting for him to get caught it was inevitable.

+1...well said

Seagal is a bad bad man who deserves credit for Anderson's big KO. That was impressive.

Machida's kick was NOT a Seagal kick. That was a crane kick' date=' straight up karate, not Aikido[/quote']

He jumped into it, but it in terms of form he employed the same technique as Anderson. Just because Rogan calls it a crane kick and he's a karate guy, it doesn't mean it's from a completely different discipline. Seagal has been training both Silva and Machida on this kick for a long time and they both credit him for drilling them on it to perfection. That's just what it is. I don't know why some people are so adamantly against believing the truth. I mean, everyone from the camp including Silva, Machida and Seagal have all reiterated this numerous times. What more do they need to say?

Not necessarily directed at you, Mangasm, but lmao @ the web warriors and casual armchair observors thinking they know better than the people who are actually involved.

when Rogan interviewed him after the fight didn't he say his dad taught him that kick?

He said his dad taught him and Seagal helped him fine-tune it.

Listen, an upkick is an upkick. Human beings are born knowing that if we bring our leg up really fast, it's gonna hit something hard. Yet, there's a world of difference when you actually learn martial arts and understand the nuances of movement, force, body physics, etc. So no, for all the tards out there, Steven Seagal never claimed to invent punches and kicks. BUT, there are differences in the ways strikes can be employed and even though these subtle differences aren't decipherable to casual moronic MMA observors, the differences can be felt and experienced by the practitioners of the arts and the unfortunate few who are on the receiving end of their deployment.

When Anderson and Lyoto say it took them months and months to get that simple-looking kick down, they're not bull****ting. Technique is not something you see on youtube and apply on the street to maximum effectiveness. Jesus, how many clueless armchair fans do we have here?

Archived