One thing about Jose Aldo

KarateMark

Hominick's boxing absolutely astounded me. His timing was near perfect the tail end of the fight. If he had a rematch in the future i think Aldo might be hard-pressed for another W

I'm not trying to make any excuses (cuz I've made it quite obvious that I HATE excuses), but Aldo was obviously gassed. Aldo gassed after the first round and tailed off DRASTICALLY in the last round. If they were to rematch and Aldo didn't have such a bad weight cut, I think Aldo would dominate and finish the fight in the 2nd round.

And to defend my stance on Aldo being gassed, all I have to do is point to the multiple instances of LnP he employed throughout the fight. Not only that, but his horrible stand-up after the 1st round. Hominick has great boxing, but he only looked as great as he did in the later rounds because of Aldo being almost completely gassed.

Hominick's boxing absolutely astounded me. His timing was near perfect the tail end of the fight. If he had a rematch in the future i think Aldo might be hard-pressed for another W

If Aldo goes into the fight with a better weight cut and doesn't gas after 2 rounds then it would be death by leg kick for Hominick. He wasn't checking them when Aldo had the energy to throw them

I'm not trying to make any excuses (cuz I've made it quite obvious that I HATE excuses)' date=' but Aldo was obviously gassed. Aldo gassed after the first round and tailed off DRASTICALLY in the last round. If they were to rematch and Aldo didn't have such a bad weight cut, I think Aldo would dominate and finish the fight in the 2nd round.

And to defend my stance on Aldo being gassed, all I have to do is point to the multiple instances of LnP he employed throughout the fight. Not only that, but his horrible stand-up after the 1st round. Hominick has great boxing, but he only looked as great as he did in the later rounds because of Aldo being almost completely gassed.[/quote']

snap!!! :)

Jose Aldo seemed to be useless of his back...Is this a major hole in his game or was he just exhausted????

He was exhausted. I'm surprised he had enough energy to even do those push-ups after the fight. Jose Aldo is always going 100 miles per hour, and when he's on top of his opponent, he's constantly attacking. We didn't see any of that after the first round in this fight, really, and there is no other explanation.

And on the topic of Florian, I just don't think he could compete with Aldo's speed and aggression. COULD he get Aldo down and deliver some brutal elbows? Of course he could. But I just don't think it would happen.

His head movement was absolutely incredible. Very impressive. Hominick would have destroyed anyone elses face with those hands.

I was extremely impressed despite his early gassing.

Round 1 he was brutal with his attacks.

Even with hIm gassing early he still managed to keep his head movement fast. Hominick is an awsome fighter, no doubt.

Rogan was doing my head in talking about how good Hominicks head movement was but not mentioning Aldos. His head movement was boxer like at times, just moving his head enough to avoid a lot of strikes. Full credit to Hominick for showing great heart but Aldo is the best. He needs to cut weight better in future but the added muscle made it harder for him. Maybe he's preparing to move to Lightweight in the near future?

It was an amazing display' date=' he just stood in the pocket and played matrix.... though I was a little disappointed of his jitz off his back, just kicking around his legs in weak as fishing for a sub.[/quote']

Yup he never attacked off his back. Didn't really expect that.

Archived